997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nitrogen in Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM
GraSox is infamous around these parts
Nitrogen in Tires

Any you boys used nitrogen in your tires? Girlfriends new car (Acura MDX) came with the tires filled with nitrogen........seems to work great, we have gone on a couple long trips and since new (4 months ago) haven't had to add air.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
Have it in mine. I've not had to adjust my tire pressures ever since (6 months ago). With pure air, I had to adjust my pressures every couple of weeks. Very consistent, this nitrogen.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
What was the cost to do? Did they just drain the air out and replace while still on the car?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
90PSI is infamous around these parts
40-$80....they have a nitrogen compressor at alot of dealers and larger indy shops...they drain them and fill them like it were air

Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 90PSI
40-$80....they have a nitrogen compressor at alot of dealers and larger indy shops...they drain them and fill them like it were air
Not sure what the dealership charges but the going rate in Denver at tire shops is $20. I haven't had to adjust the pressure in mine since I filled them in March 2007 - cold winters and hot summers - pressures remain constant.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I've used nitrogen for the last 3 years. My wheel & tire shop (Butler Tire) uses it when I buy new tires from them, and they'll refill them for free anytime- just one perk to buying my tires there.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
Costco filled my daily driver with nitrogen last time i bought tires from there. The thing I hate about Nitrogen is they replace your valve cap with that ugly green one.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RandomName
Costco filled my daily driver with nitrogen last time i bought tires from there. The thing I hate about Nitrogen is they replace your valve cap with that ugly green one.
Ask for your black ones back - that's what I did.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
I have nitro in one of mine and it has been just as consistent as air albeit here is Florida we don't get much temp. fluctuation.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM
ZFSix is infamous around these parts
It depends on how much you can get it for to see if it's worth it or not. Place around here charge about $40. To me that's not worth it. I can swing by a Discount Tire once every 3 months or so and get the air checked for free.

The main perk to nitrogen is that it doesn't fluctuate, so all you have to do is check your air and you won't have the problem of low air pressure resulting in worse fuel economy, excessive tire wear, etc..

Old 07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
aalvarez is infamous around these parts
If you live in the LA area and had purchased your Porsche from Rusnak, they can change your tire's air to nitrogen for free. I will be doing mine tomorrow. Here's the link. http://www.rusnakonline.com/nitrogen...m_medium=email

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Anyone know of a place in Phoenix that does nitrogen?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Don't waste your money. The benefits are minimal. Remember the air you breathe is about 80% nitrogen. CU did a test:
blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/10/tires-nitrogen-.html

Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
If you read the comments.......a lot of people see benefits from using nitrogen.
I live in Phoenix and check my tires every week and the "air" in my tires seem to loose air more than the nitrogen in my girlfriends car checked the same.
Very interesting as you can see.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:24 AM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
IF YOUR IN MIAMI. Im at Rick Case Honda. I charge $24.95 plus tax ive heard we are the cheapest around. I have it in my cars and cant complain never have to really check my psi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen in Tires