997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buyer Beware NorthVan997C2S (RE: Fabspeed/EVOMS Muffler Purchase)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
me 2, 2 dollars.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
I also would like to say that the problem is small not worth wasting time and get angry over it. Like others stated "misunderstanding in the sales". Guys, thing like this can be fix with cool head, understanding, and courtesy. I hate to see small thing became something ugly.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think that we are all in agreement that the $75 is a large amount of money. My position is that I sold him mufflers, nothing else. If they are missing parts it is not my fault, I sold them with good intentions. My problem with kicking money back for something I don't believe that I was misleading on. Paul might as well ask for me to pay half his next oil change and say that the leaking exhaust caused it to not run right.

Paul, please understand I am not trying to be a *****, I just don't think I should pay for parts I wasn't selling in the first place.

Good Luck with the install of the mufflers, and enjoy them when they are on your car.

Ed

Old 07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
adelaide is infamous around these parts
As you say in your post, buyer beware, espeically in transactions of a used nature.

Chalk it up to a misunderstanding, and that's it. No need to waste so much time and energy over $75.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Paul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think that we are all in agreement that the $75 is a large amount of money. My position is that I sold him mufflers, nothing else. If they are missing parts it is not my fault, I sold them with good intentions. My problem with kicking money back for something I don't believe that I was misleading on. Paul might as well ask for me to pay half his next oil change and say that the leaking exhaust caused it to not run right.

Paul, please understand I am not trying to be a *****, I just don't think I should pay for parts I wasn't selling in the first place.

Good Luck with the install of the mufflers, and enjoy them when they are on your car.

Ed

In theory all that you should have been selling is mufflers. If these mufflers were EVOMS mufflers as stated and advertised they should not need an extension pipe and should use the stock clamps. Therefore, all that I would need is the mufflers. These are in fact Fabspeed mufflers and it is stamped right on them. At no time did fabspeed make mufflers for EVOMS (according to EVOMS). How was I to know to ask if there should be extension pipes/clamps if in theory there shouldn’t be any (if they were EVOMS mufflers).

Now I have no problem with them being Fabspeed mufflers but I do have a problem with them not working on the car. I realize that you did not need these pipes to make them work on your cars, but if anything other than the stock clamp needs to be used to make them work then that should be included. It was not. I think a compromise of 50% of the price of the parts is fair considering it was advertised incorrectly and incomplete. The point is you should have been selling them with the extensions(or an equivalent clamp to make them work). They should fit and you stated they should and they don’t. They won’t fit anything right now C4 or C2.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
This is clearly a misunderstanding.

Why don't you send them back to Ed for a full refund, and find what you want or buy brand new elsewhere.

If you don't want to send them back, then the extra cost to get them installed is on you.

I am sure Ed will take them back to resolve this. I would recommend that he then repost as "Fabspeed mufflers only" with pics detailing every iota of what will arrive at the buyer's doorstep.

Case closed.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
Cattman, how can you speak for Ed? Wouldn't there then be more whining re shipping issues?
Life is too short, get them installed and enjoy the car! The money is peanuts.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Below is the original add, I believe:
Clearly the seller stated the mufflers were Evolution motorsports mufflers. If they are not Evolution motorsports mufflers simply ask NorthVan one more time to make things right or you will dispute the payment. if you did pay with PayPal, all you have to do is dispute the payment. (You can do this on the Paypal site.) In addition, send them a picture of the Fabspeed muffler where it clearly shows it was manufactured by Fabspeed and tell them the item was falsely advertised. Also, include the below sellers advertisement that has included the EVOMS website being used purposely by the seller to add credibility that the mufflers were in fact EVOMS.

I am selling my Evolution Motorsports Mufflers. They were on my car for about 7000 miles (11000 Km). I removed them as the system was too loud when combined with the other stuff that I have on my car, and it was waking my kids up at 5:30am.

http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...175C624B4DD%7D

$600 plus shipping.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
You are right, I shouldn't have spoken for him. My apologies, Ed. Do as you see fit.

My response (were I Ed, whom I am not) would be to say, "Hey, I feel I was honest, but if you're not happy, send it back."
CATTMAN

Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Paul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cattman
You are right, I shouldn't have spoken for him. My apologies, Ed. Do as you see fit.

My response (were I Ed, whom I am not) would be to say, "Hey, I feel I was honest, but if you're not happy, send it back."
CATTMAN

I did offer to send them back for a full refund. That was not agreed upon either. Shipping is $60, so I thought a compromise would be the smarter and easier route for both of us.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Gotta admit

the original advert is pretty specific that they are evoms mufflers...

Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Gundo
the original advert is pretty specific that they are evoms mufflers...
Yes, it sure does. That seems to be the clincher. The product advertised doesn't sound like what arrived at the buyer's doorstep. It was advertised as EVOMS, but as it happens, it's Fabspeed. That would tick me off.

The seller won't take it back?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
The point may be moot.

I was intrigued, so scanned EVOMS and Fabspeed sites. Here is what I found (granted, EVOMs only shows 996 cans, but you get my point - they are incredibly similar)

EVOMS exhaust

Fabspeed Exhaust

Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
I believe that the FabSpeed exhaust system for the 997C2S has gone through some modifications over time which resulted in different lengths of the same parts over several generations of exhausts.
It's tricky to buy used, whether it's car parts, cars, houses, etc. One does assume a bit of risk.
At this point, we're looking at some pretty heavily entrenched positions fighting very publicly over a very small piece of turf.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
C2S4ME is infamous around these parts
Before the purchase the buyer asked the seller if the exhaust would fit a 997 C4S and the seller allegedly replied “They should fit on your car without any issues at all”.

To quote from the seller:

"Did mufflers arrive? Yes

Were they Damaged? No

Was the item as described, two used EVO mufflers? Yes"

Did they fit as advertised? No. There were issues and they won’t fit without additional parts.

From my perceptive NorthVan997C2S is not being a stand-up guy and standing behind his assertion that the exhaust would fit without any issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware NorthVan997C2S (RE: Fabspeed/EVOMS Muffler Purchase)