997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buyer Beware NorthVan997C2S (RE: Fabspeed/EVOMS Muffler Purchase)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gundo
the original advert is pretty specific that they are evoms mufflers...
Here is the difference-

Per Paul's post- They are NOT EVOM Mufflers- Paul did not care that they were FabSpeed as long as they fit/worked.

The FabSpeeds do not fit. EVOMS supposedly would have.

They are NOT the Mufflers that were advertised (EVOMS). They are "non-fitting" Fabspeeds which either fact (non-fitting or FabSpeed) was NOT disclosed prior to the sale-

Case goes to Paul...(ps I ran this by my wife who is an Attorney (Litigator) and she said that in Small Claims this would probably be over very fast...

I would just like to add that I enjoy Ed's posts and I think he is a great contributor to the board...

Did I cover myself there?????

Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Caveat Emptor.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
I'm checking in for the comedy...grow a set Paul and stop whining.

Perhaps you should avoid used purchases in the future, better to have the BBU on your side rather than persuading an internet forum's support; or lack there of.

Last edited by Redlined; 07-08-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
My non emotional reasoning vote goes to :

1) Send back the mufflers
2) Cancel transaction
3) Shake hands and understand that both had good intentions and things didn't work out .

Both of you wanted it to be positive . At this point it isn't but it can be fixed .

North van --maybe someone locally will buy your mufflers and take it to the same shop which you had it installed .

This can have a happy ending.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
My non emotional reasoning vote goes to :

1) Send back the mufflers
2) Cancel transaction
3) Shake hands and understand that both had good intentions and things didn't work out .

Both of you wanted it to be positive . At this point it isn't but it can be fixed .

North van --maybe someone locally will buy your mufflers and take it to the same shop which you had it installed .

This can have a happy ending.
AMEN.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
987rbtr is infamous around these parts
I am soooo glad I have better things to do

Old 07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
b911s is infamous around these parts
Ed-take mufflers back, refund money, relist them properly, resell and move on. They were clearly advertised wrong. If you didnt know exactly what you were selling you shouldnt have offered it for sale in the first place. No big deal here, no big money invloved and he's willing to pay for return shipping.

Case goes to Plaintiff.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
first911 is infamous around these parts
Guys,

My two cents...

Ed, if you take them back you'll look as an honorable and reliable seller that was not trying to trick anyone. Everyone here will know that and we'll all would like to do business with you because you could end this as a gentleman.

You have an opportunity here to turn something that is thrashing your reputation into something that could help your reputation. Go for it.

You'll be able to sell then later and the money is not worthy the the trouble.

Regards

Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
was evo selling mufflers for fabspeed when they first came out? i think i remember something like that. or maybe suncoast was for evo?
i think you can find a good muffler shop to make the pipes and install the mufflers for not too much $$.
i have diy'd 4 mufflers already and the fabspeed by far was the toughest.
after tons of adjustments, the tips were still not symmetric.
just take it to a shop and let them do it right if you want them to look perfect.
and for the record mine is a narrow 997, came with the extension clamps, so if you got them without it,
Ed either
1, never got them originally from fabspeed
2, his shop misplaced them in one of the 4 episodes of installing/removing mufflers.
my opinion, it is a used part so dont expect warranty or it to be perfect, but if you were guaranteed perfect fitment then he should refund you, looks like ed never worked with the parts himself so could never have been sure.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The good news here is that given the large number of transactions that take place on this forum, it is encouraging that there are so few issues and/or misunderstandings. I have purchased at least a half dozen items over the past year and sold a couple, and have had no issues.

Hopefully in this case, with all the feedback that has been provided, the 2 parties can resolve and move on with no hard feelings.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
If you both had the power to turn back time and knowing what you both know now...

The seller would never have sold the item to the buyer and the buyer would never have bought from the seller.

The appropriate decision should be quite clear .

Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Paul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these parts
Update:
Ed has taken no action to resolve this situation or show any goodwill. He has not contacted me or responded to my offers in any way. While I do not have any doubt I have a very strong case for a chargeback with my credit card company, I have opted to forgo this route. This would just result in more headaches with shipping and worst of all it would take a long time. I really just want to get out and enjoy this car. I think Ed has shown his true colors with his unwillingness to work something out. I must thank those who offered to contribute to help rectify this situation and Joey at Fabspeed for helping me figure out exactly what the problem was. The proper extension pipes have been ordered from Fabspeed and should arrive shortly. I must chalk this up as a lesson learned and move on.

Happy Motoring

Last edited by Paul540/m3; 07-09-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Paul540/m3
Update:
Ed has taken no action to resolve this situation or show any goodwill. He has not contacted me or responded to my offers in any way. While I do not have any doubt I have a very strong case for a chargeback with my credit card company, I have opted to forgo this route. This would just result in more headaches with shipping and worst of all it would take a long time. I really just want to get out and enjoy this car. I think Ed has shown his true colors with his unwillingness to work something out. I must thank and those who offered to contribute to help rectify this situation and Joey at Fabspeed for helping me figure out exactly what the problem was. The proper extension pipes have been ordered from Fabspeed and should arrive shortly. I must chalk this up as a lesson learned and move on.

Happy Motoring
The High Road....I agree he should have worked something out- he did get 50% of his original price and they have been on a couple of cars...I think splitting the cost was more than fair....they were NOT "EVOM" Mufflers as advertised, that alone puts him on the wrong side of this transaction...

Peace

Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
You win and good move.
Originally Posted by Paul540/m3
Update:
Ed has taken no action to resolve this situation or show any goodwill. He has not contacted me or responded to my offers in any way. While I do not have any doubt I have a very strong case for a chargeback with my credit card company, I have opted to forgo this route. This would just result in more headaches with shipping and worst of all it would take a long time. I really just want to get out and enjoy this car. I think Ed has shown his true colors with his unwillingness to work something out. I must thank and those who offered to contribute to help rectify this situation and Joey at Fabspeed for helping me figure out exactly what the problem was. The proper extension pipes have been ordered from Fabspeed and should arrive shortly. I must chalk this up as a lesson learned and move on.

Happy Motoring

Old 07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
First of all I have not had any contact with Paul since Monday, and any further offer of Paul trying to settle this situation was done prior to this attempt to flame me on a public forum.

I understand that a number of disagree with my position, and that is fine you are entitled to your own opinion as am I.

Paul seems like a nice guy, but as I told him I didn't ever install or remove these mufflers myself and in fact I didn't even take them out of the tire bags that the shop I deal with put them in. If some extra parts were shipped with the mufflers then they must belong as is, if parts were not there then they should work with out. I checked for the extra clamps that were used and I didn't have them. Had I know that they were missing a piece that extends to the Cat, I would have made people aware in my original posting. I did make Paul aware that I thought they might be Fabspeed, and I truely believe that they were Evo Mufflers, as that is what I was told when I bought my car from a dealer in Florida in June 2006. In fact I am still using the Headers and Intake on my car now (check my sig) that came from the first car. I think that Paul should have gone to see some one who can fix this in his area rather then over paying the $150 charge for two 6" pipes from Fabspeed, as I was charge $20 to make them work originally (BTW both the installer and myself though that it was the AWE Cats that were short and not the mufflers) using a few parts from Audi.

I have included a screen shot of one of the PM's that I sent to Paul, as you can see I told him that I thought they might be Fabspeed, and this was prior to the agreement to sell them, so all you want to be lawyers, judgement defendant!

As for anyone questioning my true colours, you can blow Chunks! I am an honest person that believes I am in my right to refuse paying for half of the install parts cost (that's what I consider them to be, since all I sold was mufflers), and even at $810 cdn (2 mufflers+shipping+install parts) Paul is way ahead, he is still half price if you add the US exchange, Duty, PST, GST, Brokerage, and USA to Canada shipping would have been around $1600 cdn. Anyone who knows me can attest that I don't screw people over, especially for a few hundred dollars, but at the same time I don't allow my self to get screwed when I feel it is not warrented. Sorry Paul but I don't think that this is my problem to deal with, perhaps you were in over your head on this tinkering project. Hopefully your dad isn't pissed that his car was out of service for a few days.

I am not going to respond to this thread again, if anyone wants continue throwing mud, go for it, but I have other threads to waste my time on.

I have go walk my dog "Chunks" now!

Ed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware NorthVan997C2S (RE: Fabspeed/EVOMS Muffler Purchase)