997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nice experience at Pioneer Porsche San Diego

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Destiny is infamous around these parts
Nice experience at Pioneer Porsche San Diego

Today I had a very nice experience at Pioneer Porsche San Diego.
The battery on my 5 months old C2S Cab completely died and had to be replaced. Porsche policy was for me to pay for the battery (and labor) in full (definitely a bad policy for a brand like this) but after talking to my sales guy Chris Huck and service Manager Les Lisenbee they agreed to replace the battery free of charge. They even offered me to wash the car before taking it home… but I happen to love to wash my car
If only all dealerships would be like that (compared to what I read about other dealerships on this forum).
Dealing with them has been a nice experience so far and they will definitely have my future business.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Chris is the man. funny u mention their policy because i had to pay #$%#@ to get the battery replaced in the CGT. understand policy is policy but if my dealer act nicer i wouldn't mind paying for it. instead they act like ''we can jack this sucka on labor.''

wish i got the car from Chris, almost.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
I can say that I've had nothing but great dealings with Pioneer. Great guys over there.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Bought couple of porsches from them. Always great experience. Mat and Chris are both awesome. Great service and friendly people.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
They should teach the guys at my dealer ship how to deal with customers. They make me wait 4-6 weeks just to get an appointment! Having no competition breeds this kind of attitude.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Destiny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
wish i got the car from Chris, almost.
you're only 29... you'll have plenty of time to buy more Porsches

Old 07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
997 Dude is infamous around these parts
Glad you had a good experience. I had a bad experience with the sales dept. at Pioneer. I had to cross-examine the salesperson repeatedly about a "demo" vehicle to get him to admit the car had been tracked at Porsche events. I felt that the salesperson was evasive and that I was not dealt with in an honest, forthright manner.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 Dude
Glad you had a good experience. I had a bad experience with the sales dept. at Pioneer. I had to cross-examine the salesperson repeatedly about a "demo" vehicle to get him to admit the car had been tracked at Porsche events. I felt that the salesperson was evasive and that I was not dealt with in an honest, forthright manner.

Dude try Hoehn. I had a fantastic experience at this dealership. Nothing but professional and they are 1 of top 25 in the country. Sales manager is Sean...Great guy

Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Destiny
The battery on my 5 months old C2S Cab completely died and had to be replaced. Porsche policy was for me to pay for the battery (and labor) in full (definitely a bad policy for a brand like this) but after talking to my sales guy Chris Huck and service Manager Les Lisenbee they agreed to replace the battery free of charge. They even offered me to wash the car before taking it home… but I happen to love to wash my car
If only all dealerships would be like that (compared to what I read about other dealerships on this forum).
Dealing with them has been a nice experience so far and they will definitely have my future business.
Wow, threads like this really ticks me off because it reminds me of what happened to me when my battery died last year, my experience couldn't have been more opposite than yours Let's see, car was 2 years old so I thought it would be under warranty. Which is what I was told when I dropped it off. But that changed after I dropped off the car because mine is a garage queen. Not enough mileage, blah blah blah, fine. It's not the first time the car was serviced there so they knew it was a garage queen. Anyways, $190 for the battery, $145 for labor, and $10 for "acid" later. I figured next time it dies, I will just buy a new one and put it in myself, lesson learned. But wait, story is not over. When I got home, I found someone had spilled a drop of acid on the fender It is very very small and not noticeable unless you look for it within couple feet from the vehicle but because I know its there, it is very noticeable to me! I never went back to Pacific Porsche because even if they admit the fault, I know the only way to fix it is to repaint the fender as the acid burned into the paint. Thanks for listening....

Old 07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
The dealer did the right thing, but nothing less should be expected on a 5-month old car...

Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Destiny
Unless you haven't been driving the car (on schedule to drive 6,000 miles in a year per the warranty book), how could a five month old battery not be a warranty item?? The dealer did what he should have done so I wouldn't be so quick with the kudos...but still happy to hear it all worked out for you.