997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Any AWE cats and or headers in the OC to listen to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:50 AM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
Question Any AWE cats and or headers in the OC to listen to?

I was thinking about getting some AWE headers and 200 cats and connect them with PSE. I hear the cats are louder then stock so I was wondering if there was anyone in the OC that has the cats and or headers so I could take a listen to sometime???

Thanks...

Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I am sure you will find someone, but I will comment from experience. I notice very little change in sound when using our cats and headers with PSE mufflers.

Good luck with the search and we hope to earn your business!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
I am sure you will find someone, but I will comment from experience. I notice very little change in sound when using our cats and headers with PSE mufflers.

Mike, I have the setup (as does Gundo) that OC PCar is talking about installing. I don't agree that the sound is the very close to stock. At idle you don't notice much change in either setting of the muffler, when you are WOT in normal mode it is loud, with the sport mode on it is almost as loud as the system was when the Evo mufflers were on my car. I have no problems driving around town with the normal mode on, heads turn (means cops as well) when I am in sport mode. There are guys in the local PCA that like to drive behind me on the track, as they say my exhaust sounds amazing (this is in normal mode to keep with in track maximum sound level requirements).

OC, just do the upgrade, the AWE Cats are amazing. If you don't like them you could easily sell them again. You could also fly to Vancouver and see my car and hear for yourself.

Ed

Old 07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.

Hey Mike are your 200 cats are made by HJS?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:09 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
I put X51 headers and the AWE cats on my car and love it. The cats are louder but its really only noticeable under hard acceleration. Go for it, you wont regret it.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
There's a 997s at Vf engineering that has the full awe setup. Heard it today, at idle sounds stock but with wot and revving, very loud. Very good sound. The people at vf are very friendly. If you went over there they'd probably let you hear it. I don't think you won't have any regrets with the AWE setup.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
Hey Mike are your 200 cats are made by HJS?
I'm not Mike but I have the AWE 200cpi cats and they are made by HJS as it is stamped on the polished stainless body.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:11 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Old 07-26-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah I already seen this video