997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

$69K to spend...HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
love2drive is infamous around these parts
I'm in the market for a 997 911S with the following attributes:
- 2006 or newer
- manual 6spd, rwd, black or white exterior
- Nav, Chrono, Sports Seats, Sports Exhaust
- less than 20k miles, with CPO
----------------------------------------------
price < 70K

I've been searching autotrader and cars.com for some time now..
and found a couple 05's that meet my wish list but haven't an 06 or better yet.

still looking though,

Joseph

Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
997gts is infamous around these parts
Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
997gts is infamous around these parts
i ahve the price lower from 68500 to 66500 for a quick sale..let me know if anybody intrested

Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You have to get the S . If you get the base C2 I feel (just my opinion) every time an S drives by you will wonder about it and the visa versa won't be the case .

At 69K you are pretty close to 08 territory . Regardless --getting the right car on day one is the most important part of the deal . Someone on this thread gave you a referral close to your area . It might be worth looking into .

Good luck.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
VSaha is infamous around these parts
For sure get the S!! Once you get it you'll wish you had another 100 hps

Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
paulbluemaxx is infamous around these parts
When you say $69K is close to 08 territory, I assume you mean for a C2 and not a C2S, right?

I have also considered just waiting for an 09 C2 given the performance boost and favorable lease residuals that would no doubt apply.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
You have to get the S . If you get the base C2 I feel (just my opinion) every time an S drives by you will wonder about it and the visa versa won't be the case .

At 69K you are pretty close to 08 territory . Regardless --getting the right car on day one is the most important part of the deal . Someone on this thread gave you a referral close to your area . It might be worth looking into .

Good luck.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by paulbluemaxx
When you say $69K is close to 08 territory, I assume you mean for a C2 and not a C2S, right?

I have also considered just waiting for an 09 C2 given the performance boost and favorable lease residuals that would no doubt apply.
I am finding used 08's some with less than 1K miles (demo) asking in the low 80's . If 69 buys an 06 with a 20K mile request or better why not stretch another 10K and offer 79 for a car two model years newer with less miles,more warranty?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I am finding used 08's some with less than 1K miles (demo) asking in the low 80's . If 69 buys an 06 with a 20K mile request or better why not stretch another 10K and offer 79 for a car two model years newer with less miles,more warranty?
Are you finding a C2 or a C2S in the low 80s? How much typically do you think I could get a used 08 below dealer asking price? 5%? 10%?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is really useful for me.

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
love2drive is infamous around these parts
I appologise if this is off topic..however, I'm also looking to buy a 997 C2S soon.
It'll be my first Porsche.

Regarding heated seats..my brother has the same identical car I have, 06 330i, except he has heated seats. After driving his car, I couldn't help but feel less connected due to the extra seat padding (for heating element I presume). Alot of used Porsches out there have heated seats and I'd appreciate experienced opinions on the difference in drive feel.. "connectedness", with and without heated seats. Is it measureable on a 911 as it definately is on an 06 330i?

Thank you for your opinions..it is greatly appreciated.

Joseph

Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by love2drive
I appologise if this is off topic..however, I'm also looking to buy a 997 C2S soon.
It'll be my first Porsche.

Regarding heated seats..my brother has the same identical car I have, 06 330i, except he has heated seats. After driving his car, I couldn't help but feel less connected due to the extra seat padding (for heating element I presume). Alot of used Porsches out there have heated seats and I'd appreciate experienced opinions on the difference in drive feel.. "connectedness", with and without heated seats. Is it measureable on a 911 as it definately is on an 06 330i?

Thank you for your opinions..it is greatly appreciated.

Joseph
I have heated seats and feel no difference in terms of padding from non-heated seats (I also have an 07 Cayman in my garage for comparison).
Porsche installs coils under the seats, from what I understand, so there is no difference in shape or size for heated vs non-heated, at least as far as I can tell.

The 997 I am referring to are the 997.1, from years 05-08. Are you looking to buy a used 997S (997.1) or the totally new 09 Carrera S (997.2)?

I'm thinking about selling my car (just a feeler though): '06 Carrera S, 20K miles, Black/Black, heated seats , a few mods here and there, etc etc. Click on my sig for pics and PM me if you are interested.

Oh and I forgot to mention: Porsche seats are exceptional. Some prefer the Sport Adaptive (which do feel nice and offer lateral support). Others prefer the standard seats.

Last edited by spyder997s; 07-30-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Are you finding a C2 or a C2S in the low 80s? How much typically do you think I could get a used 08 below dealer asking price? 5%? 10%?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is really useful for me.

Thanks!
Here are five C2S cars which I found in my region . Two are at a P dealership , two are at BMW dealerships, and the last is at an independent lot . All are 08 cars. I don;t know how much they will sell for but as you know a car sale is made with a phone call , a test drive, an inspection, and a check . I don't think any business would sneer at a 79K offer . It's two model years newer than the 06 you are looking at

I am not affiliated with any of the sellers .

Good luck .

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=41

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=71

http://formula-1-sport-cars.ebizauto...s-3003909.html

Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Wow! Thanks yrralis1!!

That's some great work - you've given me even more to think about.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Sc.....

think about this, if you ever SC -supercharge- a None S and S you get the same results. That was my final factor in consideration when I was shopping S vs none S... as once my CPO is up I am going SC. The near 10K saved you can put towards the SC and you will have a car that will nearly keep pace with a Turbo.... (I said nearly....) and walk away from an S. Just food for thought....

Wow! Thanks yrralis1!!

That's some great work - you've given me even more to think about.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
For those looking --- check to see if LABrit has sold his for sure. I know he had somebody interested a couple days ago. His 997S is farily priced and beautiful

Old 07-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
A little off topic but you can install the film yourself and save lot's of $$$'s. Lot's of reputable folks on the net where can get a customer cut kit specifically made for your car for around $ 300. If you're a little bit handy it's not impossible to do yourself. Have done two, one on a '08 Nissan 350 Z Nismo ( if you've seen one close up the front end has as many variable radius curves as a Porsche) and the other on my C4S and considering it's nearly $ 1200 less than your top range number, you could attempt it 4 more times before it would cost that kind of money. There are now even competing films, which while not necessarily less money, can be easier to apply for the do it yourselfer. Worst case is you have to take it all off and pay somebody else to start from scratch. ( Can't reuse the film once it has been installed but can be removed without damaging your car.) The different prices for that particular option range from reasonable to ridiculous and for my money I've give it shot. All the better films are well worth having on your car because they do a great job of reducing or eliminating stone chips and paint damage caused by bug guts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $69K to spend...HELP!