997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Full Tracked Out 997S with Goodies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Gorgeous car, set up sounds great, definitely bring it down to Sebring for a run.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:57 AM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
Thank you much. The Quaife is a HUGE benefit. It's shocking. MUCH more hookup. I totally suggest it. I got mine from Dan, the brothaman who started this thread. The LSD and slicks shocked me the most. It just has so much grip, even hitting all the power WAAAAAY earlier in exits than I ever dared before.
Thanks for you report.

Did you have the chance to compare with and without the Quaife with stock tyres, or is the difference made with stock tyres/diffential compared with Quaife/Cup tyres?

I would prefer to know since the Cup tyres gives you increased grip compared to the stock tyres.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
Gorgeous car, set up sounds great, definitely bring it down to Sebring for a run.
Will do! Thanks much.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frafoss
Thanks for you report.

Did you have the chance to compare with and without the Quaife with stock tyres, or is the difference made with stock tyres/diffential compared with Quaife/Cup tyres?

I would prefer to know since the Cup tyres gives you increased grip compared to the stock tyres.
I don't use stock tires anymore. Only thing on it is slicks or R compounds. Sorry not to know more for you! But I know that I was really spinning the R compounds out of turns without the LSD, and now I don't, with the same R compounds.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm moving all this over to my thread that I've started on the car. I wanted to kinda tell the story from the start. Hope you all don't mind to swing over there.https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post1974712

Old 07-30-2008, 04:59 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
I don't use stock tires anymore. Only thing on it is slicks or R compounds. Sorry not to know more for you! But I know that I was really spinning the R compounds out of turns without the LSD, and now I don't, with the same R compounds.
You reply was exactly what I was looking for. Before and after report with the same type of tyre.

Have you done something mods with the oil system also? I have been told that the 997 S engine don't have enough oil cooling during high g-forces which you get with slicks.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdrums
Frafoss, 2008 April issue page 12 on this link http://www.suncoastpca.org/forum/cmp...eid=newsletter
is an article Suncoast PCA did on the X51 oil pan (if you can call it a pan, I call it a plate) for the 997-997S engine.

Guys, I did the X51 Powerkit on my 2006 Carrera S as a retrofit. On the parts list and on the crates that came to the dealer, there was no oil pan included and I am under the impression that all Carrera Ss have this so called "X51 oil pan" already in them from the factory, regardless of wether or not the X51 kit is on the car or not. I think this was different for the 996s and is an upgrade for it but not for the Carrera S, even though I've seen it on Suncoast Porsche's website as an upgrade for the Carrera S. I am a bit confused now as I have with me the parts list from the dealer that are included on the X51 retrofit and there is no oil pan that I can see. I am going to look more into the parts list as I write this to confirm this. Does anyone know if this is so??? I don't want to know I put this expensive option on my car without having this part included.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Ciber, if you have a factory X51 then I do not believe you need this X51 kit. If you did the X51 after market then I am not too sure. How did you do the X51 aftermarket? Did someone take the engine apart and do the valve polishing aork and so forth or did you just add the X51 intake, air box, headers? Call Bob at Vortex in Tampa, he will know.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Guys,

For what it's worth, Synergy Racing has a complete program for the 997S. They have never ever had the need for dry sump or any modification to the lubricating system. That's what I was told. Those cars run 2:05s at VIR.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdrums
Ciber, if you have a factory X51 then I do not believe you need this X51 kit. If you did the X51 after market then I am not too sure. How did you do the X51 aftermarket? Did someone take the engine apart and do the valve polishing aork and so forth or did you just add the X51 intake, air box, headers? Call Bob at Vortex in Tampa, he will know.
I bought my X51 Powerkit from the Tequipment catalog at Porsche of Orlando and had it retrofitted there when the car had 3000 miles. It came as part numbers 997.044.100.02, 997.044.100.04 and 997.044.100.05 to be complete. The parts were a third radiator kit which is the part number ending in .05, a sealing set which is part number ending in .04 and the engine kit itself ending in .02 for cars that already had PSE, as mine did.

The engine kit came with cylinder heads, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, carbon fiber airbox, enlarged throttle body, rear underbody section, ECU reprograming that was documented on my Maintenance manual under the software updates section and finally an "S" stamped on my engine block so that it now read M97/xxxxxxxxxxS. In this very complete kit which makes my car the same as if it was installed in Germany by the factory, there was no oil pan. Therefore, the oil pan on the standard 997 Carrera S must be the same as the X51 pan because, otherwise, it would have been included in the Powerkit from Tequipment parts list. I think the X51 pan was indeed different for the 996 cars, as the oiling system was substantially upgraded if you got the X51 kit on the 996. Maybe the base 997 Carreras share the same oil pan as the 996 and would benefit from this improvement but the 997 Carrera S must have the same oil pan regardless of wether or not it has the X51 option. Just ask before you buy it. I've seen this option on Suncoast Porsche's website but I would talk to them first to find out before buying something you may already have.

By the way, my new car warranty is intact and, according to my dealer, if I were to have an engine failure during the warranty period, an X51 crate engine from Porsche would be provided as a replacement, not a standard engine. This is the only reason I went with the retrofit. Otherwise, I would have not messed with the engine. Now I have 21k miles and have never had an issue with the car since the retrofitting.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 PM
On a final note, I just spoke with the Porsche parts department of the dealer from which I bought and installed my X51 Powerkit for my 2006 Carrera S... there is no different oil pan for either the Carrera S without X51 or for the one with X51 - there is only 1 oil pan listed in their parts catalog. Therefore, my theory is correct. Now I rest easy!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Wow, I likethe rims... The car look amazing hot.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Jared - those HRE Wheels have a step lip right?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Jared - those HRE Wheels have a step lip right?
Yep. That's correct.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
lmmikes4 is infamous around these parts
Simply Amazing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Full Tracked Out 997S with Goodies