997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BLAKT OUT - Finally, the project car is finished. Pics and video. Many mods to see.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
IMO I never liked the whole flat black fad Jared :/ If you are going to start seriously racing it though, wrap it in a flat black vinyl, or in general if you are set on doing it!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
J

Car looks awesome but I would stay away from a black race car.

Its gets pretty damn hot in a race car as it is.

Black will only make it worse.

We did some basic testing and found that a black cars interior can be upto 20 degrees more than a white colored car.

A few things to combat the hear. If your car has no interior in it and just steel roof -paint the interior side of the roof white, this cuts down on heat reflection and reduces temps . In addition get a white roof- some vinyl works well..

While it may not be the coolest thing.., It will keep temps down and minimize driver fatigue.

Just my 02. cents.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Fabryce, you are so correct about car colors and heat. You all did a 997S yellow track car and posted pictures of it here a while back. All the mods seemed to be right on...I loved that car.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Jared,

I raced for the 1st time this past weekend in some blazing S.C. heat. One of the guys on our team (owner of CMP) lent me a "cool shirt" that circulated ice cold water around my t-shirt, to use for the weekend 2 day race.

Un-friggin-believable. You really don't have to worry about the color of your car in relation to heat, if you're wearing one of these bad boys. Hell, you could buy a forced infusion helmet as well that attaches to the setup, and have the ice cold air blowing around the inside of your helmet.

I would say, if you want to wrap your car in flat black...go for it!!! If it's just a wrap, you could always change it later if your mood changes. That's the way we approached my wife's Martini Cayman S.

Dan

Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Wicked...

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
That is one mean machine! I love the streetable race car motif.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gundo
that is pretty sick! is that silver car on the track a turbo? surprised he kept up with your car so well on the front straight in the video.
I don't know what was going on there... what he had... whether I was 'in it' or whatever. This was a track shakedown. We ended up overheating a few times because of a bad radiator cap. Anyway, I don' t know, but I know that my car pulls away from a stock 996TT REALLY quickly. That's all I can really say about that though.

As for the flat black, that'll be in the future if I do it. I see all of your points and they all make good sense. I'm honestly not thinking TOO hard about anything else right now (other than the 1+ on the VF kit). I just brought it up because Harold was helping me with the idea some time back, and now he's on the thread finally seeing my car.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HZ@RSC
Jared

Good luck car looks and sounds amazing..

Small world .. the President of my company raced with Synergy

Thanks Herschel. That's wild about your President friend. It's a good team, for sure.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Got a question for you

I've got a std C2 with all the goodies but was wondering if you felt the increase in aero grip with the addition of the RS wing and front bumper? Just wondering if I should go ahead and add them.

A real killer ride you've got there

Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Wow wow wow, your car looks brutal. Love it. Especially the wing, very nice.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:58 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gundo
that is pretty sick! is that silver car on the track a turbo? surprised he kept up with your car so well on the front straight in the video.

It also depends on the 996TT. IF it were an X50 turbo, that had the typical mods: intake, exhaust and chip it could be pushing 600HP. That straight at VIR is a perfect place for that kind of car to spread it's legs. It would be difficult for most cars to match that type of speed on a very long stretch. I would definitely not interpret that as some sort of deficiency in another car.

That being said, I've ran with (and driven) Jared's car many times (but not since his recent deluge of mods), but since he's had his supercharger. I can vouch for the fact that his car is ferociously fast. Spools up instantly with no lag and lots of torque.

The real difference that I can see is with all of Jared's mods, he should slaughter a 996TT through corners and be just as fast if not faster than them on the straights.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
As for the RS wing and nose, don't know. I know A wing makes a difference. Don't know from my GT2 to my RS wing though. Sorry.

Dan's on it with what he says. If a turbo driver doesn't lift, then it might take me a while... depending on the turbo. Additionally, I got walked on by a 997TT at VIR, and never found out what he had to make it so fast. Never know. I didn't talk to the turbo driver in the vid here either. But pre-deluge of mods, as Dan puts it, his 996TT S Cab with many mods was faster in a straight than mine, for sure.

We'll shoot some good video on the 11th Dan!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
cjstei2 is infamous around these parts
Just an amazing look, nice project, enjoy

Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Stocktriggers is infamous around these parts
DUDE!!!!!

SICK SICK SICK!!! LOVE THE SOUND!!! You sound like our buds now!!

Catch up to me mang. See ya on the 11th.

CW

Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
CW,

You're going to be there on the 11th too? SWEET! Maybe you told me that and I read over it, but that's great. Thanks for the props. Dude, the car is as loud as yours now I think! Just TOTALLY different!

See you soon.

JC

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLAKT OUT - Finally, the project car is finished. Pics and video. Many mods to see.