997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Took some pics today, 997, Techart, RUF, Rennline, Hamman etc mods...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:05 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Took some pics today, 997, Techart, RUF, Rennline, Hamman etc mods...

Still need to take some better pics but here are some I took today. I am very happy with the new ride height and handling with the Techart coil overs and the B/M short shift could possibly be my favorite mod to $/value thus far.... I know some were skeptics of the Hamman front chin spoiler but in person feel it really looks nice, unique but still somewhat subtle in its own way. Did the full rennline pedal kit with floor and back panel as well as gas pedal extension. Had a OEM 6 disc cd changer added, new shift **** and finally P-coated the calipers. Also swapped out my rear H/R 7mm spacers for 15mm and added the old rear 7mm to the front. This was the most recent wave of mods....Anyway....here they are. (had calipers P-Coated these are not PCCB's)

I am truly done modding for a while......

Attached Images      

Last edited by mickfluff; 08-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
few more....

few more pics.... couple to show wheel fit with spacers from front and rear angles. I have never added so many mods to a car with an effort to have them only slightly stand out. To the purist I am sure its clear but believe to the average car person the car does't look over done......anyway that was my goal. Keep it clean, but not stock. The car looks better live with the 19 wheels sitting where they are due to H/R etc the slight drop etc.... the stance IMO is near perfect based on where I live still alllowing me to drive the car. (Boston/RI roads are terrible, so any more drop I would tear the chin spoiler off in a matter of weeks)

Always open to suggestions, so feel free......

Attached Images      

Last edited by mickfluff; 08-09-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
Car looks fantastic. Very well modded.

"No flash, pure class."

Old 08-09-2008, 07:18 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Looks like you've been busy! What size and brand of spacers?

Old 08-09-2008, 07:24 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Well done. Simple yet individualized. How much of a drop with the coilovers if I may ask?

Old 08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Didn't you already say you were done a few months ago? LOL

What mod is next?

Looks good.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:57 PM
thanks

thanks, that's the look I am after, appreciate the good words.

Originally Posted by RedlineMotrwrks
Car looks fantastic. Very well modded.

"No flash, pure class."

Old 08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
drop

I believe we only dropped the car .25 (quarter of inch) drop. It looks a little more I believe based on the wheel spacers pushing the wheels out, the larger 19's wheels combined with the front chin spoiler which brings the nose roughly 1.50+ inches closer to the ground. .25 is small drop in itself IMO and if the car was stock still rolling on the stock 18 wheels, no spacers etc think it would not look as it does here.

Thanks for the positive words....

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Well done. Simple yet individualized. How much of a drop with the coilovers if I may ask?

Old 08-09-2008, 08:10 PM
this time I am serious....I think....

yeah I know, but this time I mean it..... once the car finishes the cpo porsche factory warranty in aug 2010 and assuming the car hasn't given me any problems (don't anticipate that) I will go SC without a doubt......

next mod....If the wings I liked were not so $$$$ I would go with either a speedart or hamman rear wing....but after purchase, paint, proper install I am near half way to the SC. I have not touched the engine, 100% stock, I truly believe my next mod will be Supercharging followed by swapping out the current black rear "Carerra" Badge with a new "Supercharged" badge in porsche script. Always thought that was a nice touch....

Thanks....

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Didn't you already say you were done a few months ago? LOL

What mod is next?

Looks good.

Last edited by mickfluff; 08-11-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
H/r

Used H/R spacers all around, purchased at tirerack...15mm in rear on what I believe is 70 offset on the 19'Ruf's.... for fronts I am running 7mm again H/R..

Originally Posted by mdrums
Looks like you've been busy! What size and brand of spacers?

Old 08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
yeah I know, but this time I mean it..... once the car finishes the cpo porsche factory warranty in aug 2010 and assuming the car hasn't given me any problems (don't anticipate that) I will go SC without a doubt......

next mod....If the wings I liked were not so $$$$ I would go with either a speedart or hamman rear wing....but after purchase, paint, proper install I am near half way to the SC. I have not touched the engine, 100% stock, I truly believe my next mod will be Supercharging followed by swapping out the current black rear "Carerra" Badge with a either new "Supercharged" badge in porsche script. Always thought that was a nice touch....

Thanks....
I bet you will be doing more mods by the end of September.

BTW my car goes in on Tuesday for the next round of mods.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
Very nice! If I may ask, how much do the spacers run?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 AM
short money

under 200 a set...... very inexpensive mod.

Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
Very nice! If I may ask, how much do the spacers run?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
GLTRASK1 is infamous around these parts
mickfluff-car looks great! a couple of questions-is your car arctic silver?-where did you get the front spoiler and how much was it?. I like the look of the calipers,am considering doing mine in yellow as well. not trying to fool anyone, just think it's a cool alternative to red. also is your car an S?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
great job..enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took some pics today, 997, Techart, RUF, Rennline, Hamman etc mods...