997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking Atlanta body shop to paint & install bumper/spolier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Looking Atlanta body shop to paint & install bumper/spolier

Hello, I've been lurking the site for a while and have a '05 997S coming this weekend. I bought it from a fellow 6speeder, and have a Misha GT3 front bumper and GT2M wing on it's way.

Does anyone know a good body shop around Atlanta that can paint and do the install? Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I have some other mods planned and will be posting pics once the car arrives this weekend!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM
GLTRASK1 is infamous around these parts
atl-porsche-you should let magnum collision in marietta do the paint and install. thier # is 770.427.4590. they do lambos and porsches and ferraris the best of anyone around. ask for mike- tell him greg from lamborghini atlanta sent you-he'll take care of you.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLTRASK1
atl-porsche-you should let magnum collision in marietta do the paint and install. thier # is 770.427.4590. they do lambos and porsches and ferraris the best of anyone around. ask for mike- tell him greg from lamborghini atlanta sent you-he'll take care of you.
Nice! I'll call him today, any others?! : ) what is a fair price to paint and install. I feel like the price goes up when you tell them it's a Porsche.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
not sure of any others but I can tell you they are 1st class-maybe not the cheapest but probably the best. I hit a deer in my demo (gallardo) the weekend before christmas and fortunately just clipped it with the passenger side front bumper and the crack in the bumperskin was repaired to the point that I couldn't find where the crack even was when he brought it back to me. good luck- would love to see it when done-I'm thinking of doing the gt3 front on my car but haven't decided on which rear spoiler yet.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
ATL
Thanks again Greg. He's working on a quote for me as we speak. I'm assuming it's not a good idea to take these parts to any old body shop and to have them paint/install?

I will definitely post pics when it's done.

not sure of any others but I can tell you they are 1st class-maybe not the cheapest but probably the best. I hit a deer in my demo (gallardo) the weekend before christmas and fortunately just clipped it with the passenger side front bumper and the crack in the bumperskin was repaired to the point that I couldn't find where the crack even was when he brought it back to me. good luck- would love to see it when done-I'm thinking of doing the gt3 front on my car but haven't decided on which rear spoiler yet.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Greg - I drove past your store about 4 times on Saturday going between RBM and Nalley Audi.

I would agree with Magnum. I haven't used them, but know a lot of people who have and they all agree they are top notch.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
ATL
I was just quoted $1,100 for the whole job, prep, paint, install. I'd like to hear some opinions from others who have had this done (paint & mount GT3 bumper and rear spoiler on 997)

Old 08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I had a bad experience with Magnum, although ultimately they made it right, and Mike is a good guy.

I've used Performance, ask for owner Dave Montanero. They do all the work for Hennessy.
CATTMAN

Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
atl-that sounds reasonable to me. it can be a pain in the a$$ sometimes on the fitment since aftermarket pieces are often not that precise. interested to know how the misha stuff is since that's what I've been looking at also. any of you guys in the area are welcome to stop in and take a look at some of the awesome cars we have here...greg

Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
ATL
Thanks Greg, I'll take you up on that. If I end up going with these guys they said they'd pick up the car from either right by your dealership or the Ferrari Aston Martin Maserati dealership.
atl-that sounds reasonable to me. it can be a pain in the a$$ sometimes on the fitment since aftermarket pieces are often not that precise. interested to know how the misha stuff is since that's what I've been looking at also. any of you guys in the area are welcome to stop in and take a look at some of the awesome cars we have here...greg

Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 AM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
What about Hot Wheels in Marietta? I thought they did a lot of work for the Lamborghini dealer?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Who did you end up going with?
CATTMAN

Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
ATL
I went with Magnum Collision in Marietta. I worked directly with Mike McConville. Top notch service, they work on high end cars and have contracts with Ferrari/Maserati/Aston Martin of ATL. I would go with them again if I had to do it all over again and it's not close to my house.