997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 Residuals/Money Factor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
paulbluemaxx is infamous around these parts
09 Residuals/Money Factor

Given what's happened in the past, does nayone have a fair guess as to what the residuals and the moneys factors will be for the 2009 997s?

I'm getting different projections from different dealers. The current 08 money factor seems to be .0027 - do you think Porsche will change this for the 09's?

The current residuals for a C2 or C2S Coupe is 57%. Some dealers are telling me that the 09's will come in at 63-64% - others say maybe 59%. What do you guys think?

I know this is all conjecture at this point, but wanted to hear your thoughts given past model years.

Thanks!!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have never seen a Porsche lease that I liked. In fact I have leased two cars in my life and won't do it again . The leasing terms and mathematical calculations produce plausible sounding explanations of why a dealership and the manufacturer can profit . Using their numbers is like having a magician bring his own deck of cards to do a magic trick .

On a Turbo for example a lease payment is about 2400 a month . 2400 X36 = 86K ona car which costs 130 to end up with NOTHING .

Ona 100 K 997C4S -- a buddy got 1500 for 24 months =36K on an 07 . There is no way the car would depreciate that much as can be seen with 07 C4S cars are selling in the high 70's .

In my opinion --the best way to buy a NEW Porsche is outright and even then its expensive . Otherwise finance a used Porsche .

One last thing -- you ask aboit residuals . A high residual sounds great . Not that Porsche has them but cars like BMW and Mercedes do and the payments drop UNTIL a person either wants to end his lease early or buyout the car at the end . If he simply turns it in --good luck with replacing brakes , tires, dings, and whatever else they hold important as well as paying a disposition fee .

I will never lease .

Old 08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
well, but i can switch car every 24 months without problems.....

Old 08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
paceone is infamous around these parts
I believe residuals will be in the 60% range. Im a ny auto wholesaler and i'm seeing all residuals rising.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have never seen a Porsche lease that I liked. In fact I have leased two cars in my life and won't do it again . The leasing terms and mathematical calculations produce plausible sounding explanations of why a dealership and the manufacturer can profit . Using their numbers is like having a magician bring his own deck of cards to do a magic trick .

On a Turbo for example a lease payment is about 2400 a month . 2400 X36 = 86K ona car which costs 130 to end up with NOTHING .

Ona 100 K 997C4S -- a buddy got 1500 for 24 months =36K on an 07 . There is no way the car would depreciate that much as can be seen with 07 C4S cars are selling in the high 70's .

In my opinion --the best way to buy a NEW Porsche is outright and even then its expensive . Otherwise finance a used Porsche .

One last thing -- you ask aboit residuals . A high residual sounds great . Not that Porsche has them but cars like BMW and Mercedes do and the payments drop UNTIL a person either wants to end his lease early or buyout the car at the end . If he simply turns it in --good luck with replacing brakes , tires, dings, and whatever else they hold important as well as paying a disposition fee .

I will never lease .
felt the same way until someone hit my M3, only 5 k in damage but a carfax report that says rear end impact reported. I can't trade it or sell it now. I do agree with you that to lease a high end (pcar) is crazy, but on an entry level luxury..ie 328 it's the way to go.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
leasing for biz purposes is good though. so I think it depends. would I lease a car personally - probably not. for a biz - likely.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
felt the same way until someone hit my M3, only 5 k in damage but a carfax report that says rear end impact reported. I can't trade it or sell it now. I do agree with you that to lease a high end (pcar) is crazy, but on an entry level luxury..ie 328 it's the way to go.
I have a new M3 along with my Turbo . The lease pricing on an M3 was near 997 Turbo territory at the time when i bought mine . It's been posted here that to lease an M3 costs more than a 650i and even more than an M6 .
http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8989816-1.html

Had you leased your M3 --your financial loss in lease payments would have exceeded the dimished resale value on that car.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
simgr is infamous around these parts
Real numbers...

I was just this week quoted residuals of 53% and 47% for 3 and 4 year leases, 15K/yr on an '09 C2S Cab. Money factor was .00260.

We can debate all week on lease v. buy... I plan on keeping my '09 for a very long time so I'll probably buy but if I was going to trade it in after 3 or 4 years I'd probably lease (again).

/simgr

Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by paulbluemaxx
Given what's happened in the past, does anyone have a fair guess as to what the residuals and the moneys factors will be for the 2009 997s?
Having been that route wth my friend last week at Rector Porsche Audi, Porshe has risen the residual values for late 2008 and all 2009's!

It makes a lease look like a better deal.

I think it's hokus pokus!

If you have a high FICO the rate is about 6.5-7.0%

Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by simgr
I was just this week quoted residuals of 53% and 47% for 3 and 4 year leases, 15K/yr on an '09 C2S Cab. Money factor was .00260.

We can debate all week on lease v. buy... I plan on keeping my '09 for a very long time so I'll probably buy but if I was going to trade it in after 3 or 4 years I'd probably lease (again).

/simgr
These seem low. Not sure how a dealer can quote you residuals as they won't have the 09 residuals until September - at least that's what they are telling me.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
These seem low. Not sure how a dealer can quote you residuals as they won't have the 09 residuals until September - at least that's what they are telling me.
Not quite correct. Rector Porsche Audi did have the new residual numbers this past Sunday as they were given to my friend who purchased a new TT cabrio.

He was trading in his 06 S cabrio for the TT cabrio and they showed him the current residuals Vs. the 06 and applied those new ones to his 08 TT cabrio purchase.

Now maybe Rector shared this with him in advance but we did see the numbers and the new ones were applied to his 08 TT cabrio lease.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
That's interesting info - I should recheck my local dealers. Maybe they didn't have the residuals for the 997.2 models yet?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
If I remember correctly it was about a 20% increase!

Old 08-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
If I remember correctly it was about a 20% increase!
You mean the 09 residuals were up 20% over 08 (57%), which would make the 09 residuals in the ballpark of 67%? That would be really good.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
You mean the 09 residuals were up 20% over 08 (57%), which would make the 09 residuals in the ballpark of 67%? That would be really good.
I think that's about what it was +/-.

The numbers are close because we were quite surprised.

I think they are doing it to pump sales!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 Residuals/Money Factor