997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Mods - Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
NorthVan, looks awesome! Enjoy your track day this weekend. I will be at Sebring next weekend myself.

What brake pads and tires are you using?
I would love to drive Sebring, our local track is nothing compared to that one. I will enjoy my time never the less.

I am switching to MSPC's tomorrow from 048's, as for brakes they are still stock pads, but wearing quickly.

Ed

Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great setup i hope to do that someday.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:00 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Very nice, Ed!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Looks great, excellent choice!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ric and Steve,

Thanks for the awesome deal on the equipment. They do indeed look great, but they are even better on the track. I was out today and all I can say is wow, the harnesses and the seats do an amazing job holding me in place. Both my instructor (who I worked with a few times this year) and myself notice some huge changes in the way I was driving and we feel it was largely in part to the new mods. My only regret is not ordering them sooner.

Ed

Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I was on Toyo RA1's for a while and now Toyo R888. Stock pads only last me 1 day at Sebring (3-4 30-40 min sessions). Plus with R-Comp tires I can not get the best braking with stock pads. I have used both Performance Friction PF97 and Pagid RS 29 Yellow's. I seem to favor the Pagid's. I swap out the stock pads for steet use and the Pagids for my track days. Swaping pads takes less time than jacking up the car. So simple.

take care and have fun at the track! Let me know how the MSPC's compare to the Yoko 048's.
Mike,

I think that my Front Brakes are toast. I am not sure if I can get away with just pads. I will bring it in this week.

I haven't worked my self up to swapping pads, do you have a link to a how to swap brakes?

MPSC are good, I wasn't sure at first, but by the end of the day I started to get a good read on them. I have read good things about the Toyo's, where is the best place to get them?

Ed

Old 08-16-2008, 05:00 AM
b911s is infamous around these parts
Ed, really nice set up. How is the ingress/egress compaired to the stock seats? I would love to put this set up in mine although if I ever do get time to make it to the track again I would probobly only run 7-10 events per year, so i would consider my car more street duty. Just curious if it is much harder to get in and out and if you would outweight the benfits on the track for the inconvienece on the street if this where the case?

Bruce

Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by b911s
Ed, really nice set up. How is the ingress/egress compaired to the stock seats? I would love to put this set up in mine although if I ever do get time to make it to the track again I would probobly only run 7-10 events per year, so i would consider my car more street duty. Just curious if it is much harder to get in and out and if you would outweight the benfits on the track for the inconvienece on the street if this where the case?

Bruce
Bruce,

It is definitly more work to get in and out of the car. The sliders are manual, but you can slide the seat back a few notches to get out if it is too tight. My plan is to put my *** back in when winter rolls around, so that I can use the bulb warmers.

I will track my car 13-14 times this year, and I would like to do the same next year. As I said before my only regret is not getting them sooner, makes a huge difference for controlling the body while on the track.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I get my tires from Bobo Woodman Tires in S. Carolina. His prices are posted on his website. There is a post somewhere on rennlist about swapping pads out. Call me and I can tell you over the phone...it is that simple...you will laugh the 1st time you do it.

Here is a link to how to do it: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7065

Here is the short version on how to replace stock pads with race pads:

use needle nose pliers to pull small key clip out of pin
use hole punch to tap pin out
use channel lock pliers to push back pad
pull stock pad out with fingers
use needle nore pliers to remove anti squel plate in pistons
put race pad in
do same for inner pad
tap pin back into place and insert small key clip into thick pins hole

repeat for all calipers

start car and pump brakes up and drive off.

I do not use the brake pad wear sensors. I took some old sensore and cliped the wires near the plug and soldered and taped them together. I plug that into the sensore plug this way I do not have to deal with this wireing when swaping out pads.

Anyone that has any questions call me and I will walk you through it on the phone while you do the work. Once the wheel is off it takes all of 1 minute to swap pads out.
Thanks Mike, I thought it would be harder. I did the brakes on my Allroad, aparantly they are some of the biggest PIA brakes to do. I guess I now need to get some pads for my car. I swap wheels for the track, swapping pads is going to be easy.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM
AmexBlackG5 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Be safe out there on the track brother!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Seriously easy...pm me for my phone number and I will walk you through the 1st time. I was taught by the Master Tech that use to work at Suncoast where you got your seats.
Mike,

PM Sent

Ed

Old 08-16-2008, 03:57 PM
jellybone is infamous around these parts
Hi Ed,
Really nice meeting you at the track yesterday, your car looks much better in person than in the pics, I think a 911 just looks so "at home" with buckets and a roll bar! The black wheels look great with your color car too..
Hopefully see you at more track days, was my first in the Porsche and 3rd ever, really enjoyed it. Let me know if you're signing up to other ones, I'm going with Weissach to Seattle in September and with PDC to Portland in October, hope to see you there..

Cheers,
Ivan

Old 08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by jellybone
Hi Ed,
Really nice meeting you at the track yesterday, your car looks much better in person than in the pics, I think a 911 just looks so "at home" with buckets and a roll bar! The black wheels look great with your color car too..
Hopefully see you at more track days, was my first in the Porsche and 3rd ever, really enjoyed it. Let me know if you're signing up to other ones, I'm going with Weissach to Seattle in September and with PDC to Portland in October, hope to see you there..

Cheers,
Ivan
Ivan,

Great to meet you too, I had a great time yesterday. I guess my photo's are $hit, I agree they look much better in person then in the photos.

I am going to Seattle on Sept 8, PCA Sept 22, and Seattle Oct 1 + 2. I might have found another day in the middle of September, but not confirmed yet.

Ed

Old 08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ed,

You're almost going to the track weekly.

It won't be long before you become my instructor.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Ed,

You're almost going to the track weekly.

It won't be long before you become my instructor.
LOL

Not likely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - Pictures