997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Intakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
K & N

Originally Posted by hformrace1
Anyone have any personal experience regards to K&N ? I read a lot of negative posts but they all seem like second hand knowledge, e.g. they never owned one, so I can't go off their 'stories'.
Just curious.
Had one on my Boxster for a couple of weeks before the mass airflow sense failed. Was under warranty at the time so my guess MAS could probably been saved with a good cleaning, but, never put it back on. What I have read suggests they don't filter out small particles and if they are over oiled the oil fouls the MAS. Have a C4S now and wouldn't use the K & N. With that said, have read an equal number of posts by people who use the K & N cone type filters and sware by 'em not at 'em.
As for my set up I have the stock intake but may look hard at the X51 intake. Like the look and the dual intake setup.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dndodd
\

I bought mine last December and installed it myself which is not easy to do, you need to need to cut a hole in the lid and put in a new oil filler tube, both are challenging.

I think my total cost was in the $7-800 range.
that's a good price. good to know. Thank you.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dadio
Had one on my Boxster for a couple of weeks before the mass airflow sense failed. Was under warranty at the time so my guess MAS could probably been saved with a good cleaning, but, never put it back on. What I have read suggests they don't filter out small particles and if they are over oiled the oil fouls the MAS. Have a C4S now and wouldn't use the K & N. With that said, have read an equal number of posts by people who use the K & N cone type filters and sware by 'em not at 'em.
As for my set up I have the stock intake but may look hard at the X51 intake. Like the look and the dual intake setup.
Ditto. I'm going to buy one too and enjoy it before I sell my car. Thank you for your response.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Nuvolari is infamous around these parts
Not much info yet but I'm waiting to see this one:

http://www.carbonio.com/performancec...ue_porsche.htm

It looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Nuvolari
Not much info yet but I'm waiting to see this one:

http://www.carbonio.com/performancec...ue_porsche.htm

It looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
thats the best looking one yet please post when it is out .Very sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
wow that looks really nice but I'll bet it is not that loud- it's completely closed off.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
I like the X-51 a lot better. It looks nicer and has two intakes.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
We are very happy with the feedback we receive on the Evolution Motorsports intakes. This modification is done mostly for the sound and the EvoMS unit definitely delivers. Contact me if you're interested in a quote.

We will also be able to get our hands on that Carbonio system as soon as it's released!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
That looks nice but what are the performance gains/advantages? Looks simlilar to stock design, just in carbon fiber.

Jon

Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Questions on the X51 package: what is the cost? Where is the best place to order one? What are the performance gains and does it change the sound?

Jon

Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jabed92694
Questions on the X51 package: what is the cost? Where is the best place to order one? What are the performance gains and does it change the sound?

Jon
+1 In the cost of the X-51 and best place to buy.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
X51 (intake) is $999.50 @ Suncoast

Last edited by leneuromancer; 08-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
+1 for the x-51

Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
I've got a brand new EVOMS intake for sale in the classifieds right now at a rockin' price.

PM me if you're interested...

Last edited by dubaudi; 08-21-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
does anyone know if the dealer will install this item? Or is there anyone in OC who can installed this...curious what that would run?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Intakes