997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Intakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Some times it will reset itself it seems like the late model cars computer are a little smarter. I would try first just to clean it drive around for a few days and see worst case the dealer can reset it, also you can purchase durametric softwear load it onto a lap top this will give you the ability to read codes and erase them on your own it cost about $275 this is a great tool if you are the diy type

Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Thanks I will let yuo know how it works out.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Guys I hate to say this but I made a mistake ,The CEL light went on because I installed the MAF backwards.When I went to go clean it I noticed it as soon as I cleaned it put it in right the car changed and then the light went off.I am here to say that if properly installed the K&N cold aid kit looks good sounds great and won't trip the CEL if properly installed .
P.S. you can't beat the price

Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LarryP
I just lef thte dealshipt and the CEL was a mas air flow sensor.He said it was from the oil on the filter.K&N says thats not true.I am still looking for an answer on why it went on and if i need to replace the sensor.

I've heard this before about K&N filters. A lot of guys I know would get new K&N filters, then completely clean them and re-oil themselves to make sure there wasn't too much on there.

Glad you figured it out though....I guess it's better that it was a simple install error instead of a bigger problem.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by summoboy
I've owned and used both the K&N and the evoms cold air intake system. I actually got CEL codes with the evo one but not the K&N. I'm using a TPC intake on my car now. If I did not have an SC, I would definitely go the x-51 intake direction.
do they sound the same ?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lardog
K&N sucks!!!!!!!!!!! Do not use an oiled filter.
so ive got a question

if both EVOMS and K&N use oiled filters, why is everyone saying to use the EVOMS over the K&N ????

Old 10-09-2008, 04:41 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
X-51 air box is the best option IMO. Two air filters and intakes just like the 2009.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kdubb
so ive got a question

if both EVOMS and K&N use oiled filters, why is everyone saying to use the EVOMS over the K&N ????
Changing the air box in the 997 /s or 996 /s is not necessary just changing the intake tube and filter is enough.
Any oil based filter will work fine, the construction of all the major brands are very similar AFI K&N BMC they all have overlaping metal mesh with some material in between and use oil on that material to help trap more dirt particals. We use and sell BMC because the silicone they use surrounding the filter seems to last a lot longer without breaking down. Some other filters use a softer foam surrounding the filter that breaks down over time and repeated washes. Everyone has an opinion and is usually based on their own personal experience, but with careful cleaning and oiling you will not have any problems.

****** FYI GT3 cup cars use BMC filters and all 07 and up Ferrari's and Lambo;s come from the factory with BMC filters

Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
****** FYI GT3 cup cars use BMC filters and all 07 and up Ferrari's and Lambo;s come from the factory with BMC filters

I didn't know the Ferrari's and Lambo's came from the factory with these type of filters. From talking to a Porsche Race team their engines are changed in less than a thousand miles.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jason@fabspeed
Everyone has an opinion and is usually based on their own personal experience, but with careful cleaning and oiling you will not have any problems.
so there is no real difference between the EVOMS and K&N unit besides peoples preferences ??

in theory both could cause CEL's to come on because of the excessive oil, correct ?

basically, i am trying to figure out if the EVOMS unit is worth the extra cash over the K&N

the X51 is beautiful, but i dont want to spend that much on just an intake.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
first911 is infamous around these parts
I Like the X51 airbox from Suncoast but $1,000 is too much. ...Bottom line, use your money in something else.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by kdubb
so there is no real difference between the EVOMS and K&N unit besides peoples preferences ??

in theory both could cause CEL's to come on because of the excessive oil, correct ?

basically, i am trying to figure out if the EVOMS unit is worth the extra cash over the K&N

the X51 is beautiful, but i dont want to spend that much on just an intake.
K&N is half the price of the evoms

Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Brisbane is infamous around these parts
i'm curious- did anyone try disconnecting the battery to see if that cleared the Check Engine Light?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Brisbane
i'm curious- did anyone try disconnecting the battery to see if that cleared the Check Engine Light?
Yes abd it didn't work,I had the MAF in backwards once it turned it around it went off