997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
I don't see how anyone can be accused of having a "shallow attitude" towards pcars here on the six... this is, after all, a forum for Porsche Enthusiasts- Not Prius owners. Throwing stones / glass house, pot calling kettle black and all..

If you can afford to drive what you love, why not?

Totally agree.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Shallow with a smiley face. Getting defensive guys.? if you "love" the car you have you are attached at some level. You may even have individualized it for your needs. Wheels, exhaust, etc. It then takes a real improvement in an area you feel your current ride to be deficient in to attract you. Unless you just must have the newest. In reality, (my reality ne way) the only real improvement here is the transmission. I can think of no other reason to sell a current model you are happy with. Unless as was said you just must have the newest. If so, go for it. The used market will provide for those that are waiting for your cars. Happy driving bros. Gerry

Old 08-23-2008, 03:44 PM
movingup is infamous around these parts
thanks porsch3....

Old 08-23-2008, 04:43 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I have been looking for 6 months and the arrival of the FL has caused me loss of sleep..But kept me from buying an 08 in april, yes missed a summer

But now I look arround and see very good deals on cherry 06's and 07's and this is the way I'll go for now. Get an CS CAB for mid 60's under 7k on it and it's like a 800 a month carpayment if in 2 years I trade it in for what.... 50k???(maybe?)..I mean, I drive less than 5k a year so it should still bring a decent buck.

FL cars are going to be, from everything written on this forum, a great improvement. But I think they will FL the FL a little, ie; puddles,and then before you know it the 998. My first Porsche so I probably won't notice the difference and it seems like a good way to get into a P-Car.

I've bought an M3 everytime a new model came out for the last 12 years, depreciation goes with these types of cars..if you have skin in this game..you expect to lose money. People buy/pay according to the intrinsic value they put on something, so if a FL is what you want , go for it. To own any Porsche,IMHO, is a great milestone in life,if your into cars that is. So pull the trigger however you like and enjoy.

Last edited by NYCPCAR; 08-23-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
thanks NYCPCAR

Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Um, I certainly didn't imply anything of the like. Just was referencing some earlier comments about people wanting/getting the newer and better. And, like you note, to each his/her own.
No offense intended (and thus my 'please don't flame' clause') but I guess that didn't work.
OBTW, my other P-Car is a Prius. Have to maintain my PAFE (Personal Average Fuel Economy) doncha know...

Originally Posted by p0rsch3
I don't see how anyone can be accused of having a "shallow attitude" towards pcars here on the six... this is, after all, a forum for Porsche Enthusiasts- Not Prius owners. Throwing stones / glass house, pot calling kettle black and all..

If you can afford to drive what you love, why not?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:46 PM
CaymanGT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tromero
One huge advantage of the 09's is that the new engines to not have a rear main seal, therefore the issue has been solved by the new design and deleting the part.
Are you sure? Where did you get that info from?

Just because the intermediate shaft has been deleted doesn't necessarily mean the rear main seal has also been deleted.

The rear main seal was located at the flywheel end of the crankshaft.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tromero
One huge advantage of the 09's is that the new engines to not have a rear main seal,---
Don't think this is accurate.

If the crank passes through the housing it has to be sealed. Thus, there would be a rear main seal.

Now maybe due to the new design they have eliminated the seal problems.

Doubtful there is no seal there.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
"get the newest you can afford"

Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 AM
CAG64 is infamous around these parts
We need to start putting some serious mileage on these cars. Getting rid of them every two to three years for something "newer" seems like a complete waste. Unless you have stock in Porsche. Nothing remains new forever. IMHO as an Enthusiasts the challenge is to keep these cars "looking new and "running" new.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CAG64
We need to start putting some serious mileage on these cars. Getting rid of them every two to three years for something "newer" seems like a complete waste. ---
Very well stated and makes excellent sense!

I could never understand why folks need the newest and greatest when what they have is just fine. And so many will take a substantial loss on the current car just to get something newer! This is insanity to me.

When the 430's came out I saw no need to sell what I have and I still don't. My car does not yet have 13,000 miles, and I enjoy just that way.

Live for the moment with what you have.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
like I said I got nothing else going for me.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Anyone know where you can check the status of your build and the status of it on the ship?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
CAG64 is infamous around these parts
Bumperplugs.com and go to links and find shipping schedule. Latest and greatest below.

Last Updated 8/22/08
7/28 Cepheus Leader due San Diego 8/24
7/30 Coral Hwy due Houston 8/22
8/04 Sirius Hwy due Houston 8/24
8/05 Volans Leader due San Diego 9/07
8/11 Morning Dew due Brunswick 8/26

Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
I totally agree that we should put more milage and enjoy our porsches> Though I am found guilty..just said goodbuy to my 07 C2S and waiting for my FL. The reason, the main reason, I did this is because I was not entirely satisfied with the Tip. I dont think any other reason would have pushed me to make such a costly decision.

As mentioned, everyone has his reasons to decide what they want.

Last edited by C2SNerves; 08-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)