997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
How did you spec your car? Do they offer any discounts in Lebanon?

Originally Posted by C2SNerves
I totally agree> Though I am found guilty..just said goodbuy to my 07 C2S and waiting for my FL. The reason, the main reason, I did this is because I was not entirely satisfied with the Tip. I dont thing any other reason would have pushed me to make such a costly decision.

As mentioned, everyone has his reasons to decide what they want. But I agree that we should put more milage and enjoy our porsches.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
wfo900 is infamous around these parts
When I bought my first 911 all of the used cars had huge mileage. The Ferrari guys never drove theirs. That was the key difference between the two marques and their owners - Porsche guys drove theirs. Now it seems a lot more Ferrari guys drive the whiz out of their cars even though they take a huge hit on resale and more Pcar guys only drive them occasionally .The no miles Porsche is a relatively new thing. Is that because roads are too crowded, prices have gone up or the cars have gotten less user friendly?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wfo900
When I bought my first 911 all of the used cars had huge mileage. The Ferrari guys never drove theirs. That was the key difference between the two marques and their owners - Porsche guys drove theirs. Now it seems a lot more Ferrari guys drive the whiz out of their cars even though they take a huge hit on resale and more Pcar guys only drive them occasionally .The no miles Porsche is a relatively new thing. Is that because roads are too crowded, prices have gone up or the cars have gotten less user friendly?
None of the above? Perhaps it is because the cars are more readily available and not all purchasers are "drivers". The car as a trophy. These folks, bless their souls, tend to turn them over with low miles when the "new improved" editions come out. Speaking of which.....;-)

Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gpjli
None of the above? Perhaps it is because the cars are more readily available and not all purchasers are "drivers". The car as a trophy. These folks, bless their souls, tend to turn them over with low miles when the "new improved" editions come out. Speaking of which.....;-)
it's like if you can do it, why not? the new car is faster, has a much needed lighting package update, superior fuel economy and for those who want the latest tranny tech, you can get the dual clutch setup.

spending major $ on a small ****, impractical sports car is largely irrational. it's a damn hobby. it's not fiscal sense 101.

y'all are for the most part grown **** dudes with money - keep your elementary school playground jealousy in check. if they wanna play, let 'em turn in their mk1 997 and step up to the latest and greatest and celebrate.

p.s. unless they're complete dorks

Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Can you translate that to english please?

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it's like if you can do it, why not? the new car is faster, has a much needed lighting package update, superior fuel economy and for those who want the latest tranny tech, you can get the dual clutch setup.

spending major $ on a small ****, impractical sports car is largely irrational. it's a damn hobby. it's not fiscal sense 101.

y'all are for the most part grown **** dudes with money - keep your elementary school playground jealousy in check. if they wanna play, let 'em turn in their mk1 997 and step up to the latest and greatest and celebrate.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Benjanin Choi:

if they wanna play, let 'em turn in their mk1 997 and step up to the latest and greatest and celebrate.

p.s. unless they're complete dorks[/quote]
Never meant to give the impression that I worry about how others spend their money. Talking about a mind set difference, no right/wrong. Just don't make me sell my car Benjamin. Finally got her the way I want her and really liking it Gerry

Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Benjanin Choi:

if they wanna play, let 'em turn in their mk1 997 and step up to the latest and greatest and celebrate.

Never meant to give the impression that I worry about how others spend their money. Talking about a mind set difference, no right/wrong. Just don't make me sell my car Benjamin. Finally got her the way I want her and really liking it Gerry [/QUOTE]

post pics - i love it when a car is dialed in and ready to ride

Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mass
Can you translate that to english please?
www.webster.com

Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I got my info about the RMS from the original poster, 3rd post from the top:

The engines are completely new and actually omit the use of a RMS and intermediate shaft.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Not really. Try again.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
these new engines are supposed to be gt1 block killers.... a new era for Porsche. I would buy a 996 TT just to say it is the last of the real Porsche, for cheap...

Old 08-31-2008, 06:41 PM
[quote=Gpjli Interesting and quiet: they lengthened the stroke and reduced the bore but kept it at 3.8. Can 4 liters be far away? It's all good peeps. Gerry[/quote]
This is wrong on my part. Actually Porsche shortened the stroke and increased the bore incrementally on "new" 3.6 and 3.8 motors. This would help achieve higher rpm's. Don't know whether the early source I read had it wrong or I got it backwards w/o any help.... At any rate shorter stroke, larger bore it is. Gerry

Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PCarSalesMD
Just finished up training yesterday on the new 911... All I can say is wow! The suspension is a lot more refined, the gearbox(PDK) is lightning quick and the car has gobs of torque. I was a bit skeptical about the changes to the body but seeing the one with the LED lights blaring gives it a distinctive look, alot more like a turbo. Got to play with the new NAVI as well and XM was there to show up some features of the NAV-Traffic programming. If you have questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer any you might have!

Stock photo of course...

Can you tell me anything else about the new touch screen set up? Hows the Nav? Did you try Blue Tooth or the ipod integration? Thanks.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Question Throttle Blip ???

Does the PDK blip the throttle like the F1 transmission in Ferraris? If not what can you do to stabilize the car during downshifts?
Would anyone have the answer to this question. I too am interested in this. Also any news when the turbo will have the PDK ???

I have a F1 and the blip is amazing with the aftermarket exhaust (tubi ngt racing exhaust) and hyper flow cats. It really makes driving the car a ton of fun.

I also hate the thumb buttons, they need PADDLES !!! !!! !!!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Does the PDK blip the throttle like the F1 transmission in Ferraris? ---
I would tend to think it will not due to the constant mesh nature of the gears in this PDK.

Remember that in the F1 it is a 6 speed manual tranny being hydraulically and electronically controlled. As it moves through gearing there is a clutch interruption.

I do not believe this is the case with the PDK but it's only a guess on my part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)