997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
PCarSalesMD is infamous around these parts
Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)

Just finished up training yesterday on the new 911... All I can say is wow! The suspension is a lot more refined, the gearbox(PDK) is lightning quick and the car has gobs of torque. I was a bit skeptical about the changes to the body but seeing the one with the LED lights blaring gives it a distinctive look, alot more like a turbo. Got to play with the new NAVI as well and XM was there to show up some features of the NAV-Traffic programming. If you have questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer any you might have!

Stock photo of course...

Old 08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I ordered an 09 base Carrera for Nov delivery. How much quicker did the new one feel as opposed to the base 08'. Did you drive the manual tranny as well? Any changes to that? Are the seats any different? I thought I saw one photo that showed preforated leather even on the side bolsters.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
The photo you saw likely was a car with Seat ventilation(sucks the air away from you does not blow air at you). The power is noticable but not in the top end, i would say more in responsiveness and low to mid range. The engines are completely new and actually omit the use of a RMS and intermediate shaft.

Last edited by PCarSalesMD; 08-21-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: replaced balance with intermediate
Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
How does the new c2s feel in terms of acceleration. I know it is faster but is there a substantial difference in feel? I hear that the new c2s has less of a grunt compared to the previous. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
So what does the XM antenna on the roof look like? (shark fin, rod, box)
Did you take any pictures?

How long was the "Explore The Core" street drive?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I didnt take any pictures but the Xm antenna is a small 1x1x3 box that sits on the back roof. The drive I went on was roughly 25 miles through the backroads of hershey... just enough to get a good feel for it.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
nullspace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PCarSalesMD
I didnt take any pictures but the Xm antenna is a small 1x1x3 box that sits on the back roof. The drive I went on was roughly 25 miles through the backroads of hershey... just enough to get a good feel for it.
My dealer assured me the XM antenna was not visible. I don't want XM if it means having a blob on my roof!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure how anyone could say the 09 has less of a grunt. People who justify that the 08 is better than the 09 usually say so because they cannot just sell their 08, take a 15k hit, then go buy an 09. It is better in every conceivable way: looks, performance, emissions, technology, handling, safety, and value.

Originally Posted by Porsche Boy
How does the new c2s feel in terms of acceleration. I know it is faster but is there a substantial difference in feel? I hear that the new c2s has less of a grunt compared to the previous. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mass
I'm not sure how anyone could say the 09 has less of a grunt. People who justify that the 08 is better than the 09 usually say so because they cannot just sell their 08, take a 15k hit, then go buy an 09. It is better in every conceivable way: looks, performance, emissions, technology, handling, safety, and value.
I completely agree with you. It is faster, more advance etc. However it is more greener and it comes with an additional muffler. Therefore its possible it will loose some of that grunt noise.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by nullspace
My dealer assured me the XM antenna was not visible. I don't want XM if it means having a blob on my roof!

well have them report back to you after they drive it.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the previous poster. I love XM radio but I don't want a "box" on my roof either. there must be a better way. Mine is Aqua Blue/Black. Can't wait till November.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
It is better in every conceivable way: looks, performance, emissions, technology, handling, safety, and value.
Maybe not looks

While I think the 2009's are a great step forward in interior ergonomics, fuel efficiency, power, and value... I'm still not a fan of the new front bumper. But that's 100% subjective and personal.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info and notes.

-additional muffler delete will probably be everyone's first mod

Old 08-21-2008, 03:37 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
Lets retrofit the engine and all the electronics stuffs on mine....
I do not like the front / back look too....

Old 08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
LOL. Everybody (most) need to have the latest toy. Everybody (most) secretly want a 993 which is ten years old. It is not necessary to buy into planned obsolescence. C'mon. Stand up to Porsche and say "No thanks. I love my 08" Make them wait at least 3 more years for your hard earned (?) money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally Got to Drive/See '09 911 C2S(PDK)