997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking to buy a Short Shifter. Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Looking to buy a Short Shifter. Recommendations?

I'm looking to finish of the mods for the rest of the year (Yea right!) with a short shifter.

I have read a lot of good things about the B&M.

Also the one VIVID has looks pretty good too.

For those who have installed one or tried a few I would appreciate your insight.

WHICH SHOULD I BUY?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
I have the factory SSK and highly recommend it.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
+1 Plus you keep the entire shifter intact which is great for resale and warranty issues, if ever.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I did OEM on my 997S and have OEM on my current car . It works great.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
User 082322 is infamous around these parts
B&m

I have a B&M short shift kit and had it professionally installed (as opposed to me putting it in with two left hands). It works great and all parts are metal as opposed to plastic parts on the stock shifter, at least the OEM non-short shift one. Should last a good long time.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
I have OEM and love it

Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Looks like I will be buying the OEM.

Is it really worth double the B&M?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Vivid has the SSK and the upgraded shift link on sale fro $199, not bad at all.

The extra $ for OEM isn't too bad, remember you are getting the entire assembly vs. just the shifter T. Sunset Porsche in Oregon has the best price.

I have an EVOMS SSK and shift link waiting to go on, picked it up new for $50 from a friend

Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
I had the factory sport shifter, it wasnt bad. I replaced with the agency power shifter from Vivid. Shorter shifts and better quality. Did the work myself and was surprised by the difference in quality between the factory short and the agency product. Either the B&M or agency is a better product than the factory.. Not to mention cheaper.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Malakas is infamous around these parts
+1 B&M, quality is top notch. $200 from bumperplugs

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Add one for the OEM

I just added the Porsche (OEM) shifter. Can't compare it against other, but I'm completely satisfied. Radically improved the quality of the experience - crisper shifts as well as shorter. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.