997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
cant wait to see the final product

Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great project subscribing...

Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 PM
jellybone is infamous around these parts
Just got back from the shop, not sure how I feel about the yellow though? I chose it to match the RS wheel stripe and the brakes, the interior door panel trip looks great (sorry forgot to take a pic) and I’m happy with that as it just “feels” right and looks good without being too much.
But on the exterior I’m not sold. Wish my car was white so I can just do carbon and black accents, oh well tell me what you guys think? I’ll try the yellow for now but may change it in the future to matte silver or matte white, maybe even red? Anyway I’m working with an artist to design sort of a car tattoo, just something contemporary that will go on around the right quarter panel. Most likely to be done in matte black or silver at the most, just something low key that will have a running theme on the interior center consol and door handle shrouds.
Just got off the phone with Suncoast, my battery died so they’re sending me a carbon Braille battery (11 lbs). Every lb counts, maybe I should loose some weight first though, being 245 doesn’t help.
Anyway fired it up for the first time (last time was just over the phone), hmm a bit loud, race car loud! But for what it’s worth the idle sounds mean, but I’m going to have to get exhaust valves or something eventually.
Enjoy the lastest pics…

Attached Images      
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ivan, not sure that the yellow accents are working for me, perhaps up close and in person it will look different.

just my 2 cents

Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Group_J#5 is infamous around these parts
super nice looking.

Is it wide body? look so wide.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Very cool project. I think it would look better w/o the yellow accents. However, if you're sticking with it, I think it could look cool with some yellow graphics on the lower sides, such as seen on the GT3 RS's. What kind of rear wing are you putting on?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
ivan, do you have any closer pictures of the RS rear wheels on the car? i want see how the offset of the rear RS wheels look on a narrow body

as for the yellow extenstion lip, i think it would look better black. how about the RS center caps, do you plan to change those out too? overall the project car looks great man.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
mysticalec is infamous around these parts
wow the car looks awesome
can't wait to see the final product. I agree with others about the yellow mirror caps tho.
nontheless, very cool.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 PM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jellybone
I did want a GT3 but I'm a bit different, for me building a car up is half the fun, driving it is the other half. I wanted the GT3 look but with better suspension and more power (stage 2 Vortech eventually), so when this 997S was offered to me I could not say no, it was relatively cheap, FULLY loaded and had the PCCB's which was a must for me.
As an investment it makes no sense I know, I'll spend as much or more than buying a GT3 and in the end it will only be worth 997S money. But this is not an investment and it's a pastime/passion so that is the way I look at it. I buy realestate for investment, cars for fun...
To be honest my original goal was to find a 4S and build an orange GT3RS look with bighp turbo power (2WD, so drop the front axle), but in the end it was just too much effort so this will do.
My biggest goal though is to have a replica of the GT2 class winning Lemans NSX from the mid 90's. That is my dream car, I tracked down it's sister car with Honda of america racing but they wont' sell it, so I'm working on making a replica using many of the original suppliers/garages, problem is the original designer retired (i called him) and gave away all the drawings, trying to track that down now...
Exactly. I know what you mean. Very nice car. I wish you all the best. Cheers.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Ivan, not sure that the yellow accents are working for me, perhaps up close and in person it will look different.

just my 2 cents
Went to see it after work, was wishing to take it home now but they need a few more hours to finish up the odd this or that. After seeing it in person the car does not look too bad with the yellow, it grew on me a bit, it's just a bit here and there so it works OK. I'll have to wait until the wing goes on with the yellow wicker before I decide for sure though. Still wish it was a different color car so I could have just had carbon fibre accents, maybe in the spring I'll paint it white?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Group_J#5
super nice looking.

Is it wide body? look so wide.
It's actually just OEM GT3 Body kit on a 997S, however in the pictures we did not latch up the rear bumper yet so the bumper was sticking out a few inches more towards the bottom on each side. When I was at the shop I helped my cousin latch it on to the stock mounting bracket and it tightened it right up so it's back to the right width (on the bottom that is, at the top where it meets the body it is obviously correct width).

Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mike R.
Very cool project. I think it would look better w/o the yellow accents. However, if you're sticking with it, I think it could look cool with some yellow graphics on the lower sides, such as seen on the GT3 RS's. What kind of rear wing are you putting on?
Carbon fiber GT3 Look decklid / spoiler, supposedly 30 lbs weight savings over the stock 997S version, together with the about 30 lbs I saved on the exhaust that translates into a 60lb savings.. not bad...especially when it's over the rear..

Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
ivan, do you have any closer pictures of the RS rear wheels on the car? i want see how the offset of the rear RS wheels look on a narrow body

as for the yellow extenstion lip, i think it would look better black. how about the RS center caps, do you plan to change those out too? overall the project car looks great man.
this one is all I have, keep in mind that although the top of the bumper is correct width the bottom comes in a bit once the bumper is fully installed, this picture was before we screwed it into the mounting bracket....
It's not a plug and play conversion that is for sure, well for the back that is, front was perfect...

I will be changing the RS caps eventually, not a huge priority now....

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
thanks for the pic. reason why i ask, there's a guy who's selling a set of RS wheels in black. rather then paint mine, i'd prefer the oem black paint from porsche. i just dont want the 305's to rub during sharp turns

Old 08-28-2008, 11:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
thanks for the pic. reason why i ask, there's a guy who's selling a set of RS wheels in black. rather then paint mine, i'd prefer the oem black paint from porsche. i just dont want the 305's to rub during sharp turns
I have 15mm spacers with 305's (about the same offset as widebody wheels), and lowered to ROW height, no rubbing. You should be fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!