997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Oh wow. I think mine's empty.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
probably would not be any quieter, but would stay the same vs. burning off. If you want quieter you'll probably have to use a different design of muffler system.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
bella911 is infamous around these parts
great choices

I really like your choices...keep up the good work!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
Very nice

Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Info on stainless mesh muffler packing and source: http://www.knitmeshtechnologies.com/...packaging.html

Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
jellybone is infamous around these parts
Update - My Braille 11lbs carbon fiber cased battery went in the other day, don't think my battery is the problem as the car started once and then not again, must be a charging system issue?
Car is at Weissach today getting the suspension installed, will be done tomorrow afternoon if anybody local wants to check it out.
I have to say that although the exhaust is loud I for sure noticed a power difference, little bit of loss down low but huge increase in mid-range and upper end. There is a 2nd gear corner that I take to work every day and typically I can push it hard and the car just hooks up, even if slightly wet it would spin and hook. Yesterday I took that same corner and goosed it like before, this time though the back end lit up all the way through 2nd gear, maybe not the quickest way around a corner but the most fun, this car does need LSD though. Anyway I'm sure the car is a good amount quicker..

Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear. LSD will be the biggest bang for your buck right now. Looking forward to your suspension thoughts.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jellybone
Update - My Braille 11lbs carbon fiber cased battery went in the other day, don't think my battery is the problem as the car started once and then not again, must be a charging system issue?
Car is at Weissach today getting the suspension installed, will be done tomorrow afternoon if anybody local wants to check it out.
I have to say that although the exhaust is loud I for sure noticed a power difference, little bit of loss down low but huge increase in mid-range and upper end. There is a 2nd gear corner that I take to work every day and typically I can push it hard and the car just hooks up, even if slightly wet it would spin and hook. Yesterday I took that same corner and goosed it like before, this time though the back end lit up all the way through 2nd gear, maybe not the quickest way around a corner but the most fun, this car does need LSD though. Anyway I'm sure the car is a good amount quicker..
I think you should get the LSD for your car so Stuart and the guys learn on your car, then they can do my car!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Info on stainless mesh muffler packing and source: http://www.knitmeshtechnologies.com/...packaging.html
I actually ordered what they call "scrubble" from Burns Exhaust (the mufflers that Synergy uses) which is their stainless steel packing. I'm told by Kerrigan that even the stainless does burn off over time, he figures about 8 track days or so. I'm going to look into the site you posted, maybe try theirs as well and see what works better and last longer.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think you should get the LSD for your car so Stuart and the guys learn on your car, then they can do my car!
Yah sure, let me be the guinea pig .... Summer is almost over though so I'm not in a rush on the LSD but hopefully in the next few months I'll get that with the lightweight flywheel/clutch...

Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Yah sure, let me be the guinea pig .... Summer is almost over though so I'm not in a rush on the LSD but hopefully in the next few months I'll get that with the lightweight flywheel/clutch...
I have already talk to Stuart about this job. I am always thinking about what I need next. Are you bringing the 997 to Seattle? or is it too loud?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I have already talk to Stuart about this job. I am always thinking about what I need next. Are you bringing the 997 to Seattle? or is it too loud?
Yup bringing the Porsche and the Lotus down on Sunday night after my bike race, going to be pretty tired (200kms) though!
Burns Exhaust sent me new packing material (stainless) today by overnight courier, Stuarts going to install it and hopefully it will bring the noise down. Synergy mentioned to me that without packing noise is about 112 lb, with new stainless about 101-103...
Either way I won't be the loudest there, a cup car is coming along with us too.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Yup bringing the Porsche and the Lotus down on Sunday night after my bike race, going to be pretty tired (200kms) though!
Burns Exhaust sent me new packing material (stainless) today by overnight courier, Stuarts going to install it and hopefully it will bring the noise down. Synergy mentioned to me that without packing noise is about 112 lb, with new stainless about 101-103...
Either way I won't be the loudest there, a cup car is coming along with us too.
I am looking forward to Monday, I haven't been on the track since the 15th.

I guess it is Michael's Cup Car, it is amazing. I will start practicing my pointing on the drive down!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I will start practicing my pointing on the drive down!
That's funny right there...

Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Ivan,

Fun day yesterday, the yellow was not as bad as I thought and after a while started to grow on me. It was also easier to identify you on the track. The exhaust is loud, my ears were ringing the whole way home last night.

See you again.

Ed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!