997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 PM
jellybone is infamous around these parts
Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!

Well I've had the car several months now and all the parts are finally starting to come together and get put on. Dropped the car off this week at my uncle's shop to put on the GT3RS front bumper, GT3 rear bumper and custom Synergy racing center exit exhaust that used a "worked over" X-51 header. My carbon decklid/spoiler is being made right now so that will make it's way on after. As I've got the PCCB's and the alcantara GT3RS interior bits I decided to paint the Techart mirror covers a matching yellow, along with the little rectangular bits on the interior doors, the front lip RS spoiler and my GMG carbon wicker (for when the decklid/spoiler finally arrives).
I'll post more pictures as it comes along but below are some of the rear bumper and exhaust. My cousin called me to hear it fired up for the first time, sounds LOUD, almost too LOUD, but sick at the same time.
Next week the Motons (motorsport 3/way) get installed with pretty much all the other supporting mods (cup arms, etc, etc)...

Attached Images      
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
looking sweet!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 AM
mysticalec is infamous around these parts
looks like an awesome project!
where is your uncle's shop btw?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by mysticalec
looks like an awesome project!
where is your uncle's shop btw?
Vancouver area.... BC

Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 AM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Love to see your final project pics!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ivan,

Looking really good, I can't wait to see your car. I would double check with Stuart next week when your car is getting the suspension installed, as both Seattle and Mission have strict sound limits.

Ed

Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Can't wait to see it complete.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Cool project. What shoes are you goin with?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Ivan,

Looking really good, I can't wait to see your car. I would double check with Stuart next week when your car is getting the suspension installed, as both Seattle and Mission have strict sound limits.

Ed
They'll be louder cars than mine down there, should be a cup car, another porsche running glasspacks and a few others, worst case scenario is short shifting to keep the noise down or jump into my fiance's car, she' bringing her Lotus.
Also the best option with the Synergy exhaust is it allows you to adjust volume as the mufflers themselves can be opened up and fitted with more or less packing. Of course the packing does eventually burn off with the hight heat but you can always just repack it, just a few bolts and screws.
Should get the car back tonight, can't wait! If you'd like to hook up for coffee this weekend Ed, let me know..

Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Cool project. What shoes are you goin with?
I've already picked up a set of GT3RS wheels/tires in black. Had them arrive actually the day I picked up the car from the dealer. However after driving back from Whistler in heavy rain I have to say that another set of tires for the fall/winter are in order, my car literally was drifting into the other lane whenever I hit puddles of water. With light rain the car sticks perfect, heavy is a different story and Vancouver rains a lot! Might put all seaons on the RS wheels and buy some dymags or something else light for track days, we'll see though, fiance is no longer going to be fiance if I keep throwing away my money on toys, nobody told me when you get married your money no longer is your money... lol

Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jellybone
I've already picked up a set of GT3RS wheels/tires in black. Had them arrive actually the day I picked up the car from the dealer. However after driving back from Whistler in heavy rain I have to say that another set of tires for the fall/winter are in order, my car literally was drifting into the other lane whenever I hit puddles of water. With light rain the car sticks perfect, heavy is a different story and Vancouver rains a lot! Might put all seaons on the RS wheels and buy some dymags or something else light for track days, we'll see though, fiance is no longer going to be fiance if I keep throwing away my money on toys, nobody told me when you get married your money no longer is your money... lol
Ivan, are you running MPSC on your RS wheels? If so I would suggest getting a set of MPS2's for DD, much better for rainy conditions.

BTW, the money only gets worse. I started my own little Mod Money Account to be able to keep the toys operating.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:42 AM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Looking real sweet! Just out of curiosity, if someone like myself wanted to do a conversion like this, what kind of bank roll $$$ are we talking about here? You know, everything you have done so far to make it like a GT3(RS).
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by jellybone
They'll be louder cars than mine down there, should be a cup car, another porsche running glasspacks and a few others, worst case scenario is short shifting to keep the noise down or jump into my fiance's car, she' bringing her Lotus.
Also the best option with the Synergy exhaust is it allows you to adjust volume as the mufflers themselves can be opened up and fitted with more or less packing. Of course the packing does eventually burn off with the hight heat but you can always just repack it, just a few bolts and screws.
Should get the car back tonight, can't wait! If you'd like to hook up for coffee this weekend Ed, let me know..
I had to "De Tune" my exhaust partly due to the restrictions that the local tracks have in place. I put the PSE mufflers back on my car.

Weekend time is pretty tight, I have two small kids, but I might have some time, PM your cell number, or call my cell (number on my card I gave you).

If we don't get together, bring your car to the BBC on September 6th (next Saturday).

Ed

Last edited by NorthVan; 08-28-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by hformrace1
Looking real sweet! Just out of curiosity, if someone like myself wanted to do a conversion like this, what kind of bank roll $$$ are we talking about here? You know, everything you have done so far to make it like a GT3(RS).
Thanks in advance.
I did want a GT3 but I'm a bit different, for me building a car up is half the fun, driving it is the other half. I wanted the GT3 look but with better suspension and more power (stage 2 Vortech eventually), so when this 997S was offered to me I could not say no, it was relatively cheap, FULLY loaded and had the PCCB's which was a must for me.
As an investment it makes no sense I know, I'll spend as much or more than buying a GT3 and in the end it will only be worth 997S money. But this is not an investment and it's a pastime/passion so that is the way I look at it. I buy realestate for investment, cars for fun...
To be honest my original goal was to find a 4S and build an orange GT3RS look with bighp turbo power (2WD, so drop the front axle), but in the end it was just too much effort so this will do.
My biggest goal though is to have a replica of the GT2 class winning Lemans NSX from the mid 90's. That is my dream car, I tracked down it's sister car with Honda of america racing but they wont' sell it, so I'm working on making a replica using many of the original suppliers/garages, problem is the original designer retired (i called him) and gave away all the drawings, trying to track that down now...

Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Nice Car!!

Great looking car, coming along nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jellybone's 997S mods coming along!