997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Track rim size opinion 18 or 19 inch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedoflight
noob question but when one is switching between 18" track and 19" street setups, should you do alignment after every switch? can one alignment work w/o sacrificing performance and tire wear?
Just like Rick said, you should be ok. My track setup, as he said, is full monty. But I can drive it on the street. It just hunts out all the gulleys in the road and follows them. We'll call it... 'edge seeking'. But it also will wear out the inside of my tires. But if you go with a good compromise setup, you'll be fine. A stock suspension without camber plates and adjustable control arms and dog bones and all that won't go far out enough to have the issues I first outlined anyway. There's MUCH more fun to be had in our cars than how it comes stock.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
There's MUCH more fun to be had in our cars than how it comes stock.
Jared, Couldn't agree with you more. My car is not even close to the set up you have, but it is so much faster then when it was stock.

Ed

Old 08-30-2008, 01:17 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Ed,

Absolutely. And you know, I'm sure you enjoy driving on the street more than I do for sure. It's all a huge spectrum. What do you want? You can get it with a 911. I love these cars. The statement that you quoted me saying there, just to be perfectly clear, was me saying that you can get a TON of time off a lap with ONLY a good alignment/setup. It's amazing. No other money spent. $350 and you've got a new car. How cool is that?

Jared