997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does anyone really use the hooks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
Does anyone really use the hooks?

I've tried but can never get any hangers to fit on my hooks on the rear of the seats. Maybe one or two if you bend the hanger 5 different ways. What's the point of having them if you can't use them?

Sorry my rant for the day....

Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
I've tried but can never get any hangers to fit on my hooks on the rear of the seats. Maybe one or two if you bend the hanger 5 different ways. What's the point of having them if you can't use them?

Sorry my rant for the day....
I agree. They are virtually useless except for hanging a jacket collar loop on them, which is maybe what they were designed for.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
totally useless item.. Maybe hang some pine tree air fresheners??

Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I don't have hooks on my seats, but the roll bar will work well for hanging my clothes on if the wife ever asks me to leave

Old 08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I don't have hooks on my seats, but the roll bar will work well for hanging my clothes on if the wife ever asks me to leave
...assuming she lets you take the Porsche!!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
...assuming she lets you take the Porsche!!
Funny, but she doesn't even like riding in it. Only my 4 year old and myself, which is OK, he never tells me to slow down. He says go faster daddy! That's my boy!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
they may say they don't like it now, but it's those types that would just take it in spite..

Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 PM
they may say they don't like it now, but it's those types that would just take it in spite..
I still think she wouldn't want it, probably take everything else though

Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
try the hooks on the backside of the seats, those are even worse!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 AM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by REFLUX
try the hooks on the backside of the seats, those are even worse!
???? Must resist temptation...... Must be nice....
Buddy, that's what they are talking about / refering to. Cheers.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
just out of curiosity what hooks did you think we were talking about???

Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
just out of curiosity what hooks did you think we were talking about???
There may have been some confusion here about the hooks on the back side of the seat-backs, and the hooks on above the shoulder belt anchors. None of them are terribly useful, although I did use the latter driver's side hook on a recent trip up the west coast and it worked ok as long as I took care when putting on my seatbelt, to avoid knocking the hangers off the hook.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think they're for a coat hanger. I use it for the loop on a sports/suit jacket - though I'm always a bit concerned that I'll see it blowing out of the cockpit when the top is down. It's a lot like those little pull out coat-hangers (also for jackets - not hangers) on the seat-backs of those regional jets that fly around Europe.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Verde
I don't think they're for a coat hanger. I use it for the loop on a sports/suit jacket - though I'm always a bit concerned that I'll see it blowing out of the cockpit when the top is down. It's a lot like those little pull out coat-hangers (also for jackets - not hangers) on the seat-backs of those regional jets that fly around Europe.

I would agree. I don't think coat hangers have any place in the equation. You hang your jacket/coat from those by the loop at the inside-collar on the hook... thats it.