997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where do Buy Painted Sport Seatbacks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
larry_chip is infamous around these parts
No, the guy i talked to off ebay told me they look alot harder then they are, he said if i bought them from him he would give me step by step on the phone if iu needed.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that someone can actually forward a reprint of the instructions. It sounds like these painted hard covers go over the leather seat materials - exposing the sid airbag, etc. Sure would like to know exactly how this works before I order them.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
I'd think the seatbacks are cosmetic and not structural, and as such, could be removed and shipped off for painting, while continuing to drive the car without the seatbacks.

Any good quality paint shop locally can do the painting.. its not something you really need to ship the seat backs away for, unless you get a much better price that, after shipping, still beats the local price.

Of course, its recommended that you get all the parts painted at once, as the setup charge for painting is prohibitive when painting small bits... so if there are other internal trim pieces you would consider, maybe also have them painted.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Yes, but how do we remove them???

Originally Posted by Minok
I'd think the seatbacks are cosmetic and not structural, and as such, could be removed and shipped off for painting, while continuing to drive the car without the seatbacks.

Any good quality paint shop locally can do the painting.. its not something you really need to ship the seat backs away for, unless you get a much better price that, after shipping, still beats the local price.

Of course, its recommended that you get all the parts painted at once, as the setup charge for painting is prohibitive when painting small bits... so if there are other internal trim pieces you would consider, maybe also have them painted.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:45 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
yea i'd love to know how to remove them and just get them painted myself.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:39 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I have done mine at the dealer in Denver and my brother did his TT at the dealer in Saudi. both dealers took off the leather and put it back.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Still confused. I have the stock seats with leather/vinyl seatbacks. What exactly would I do?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
no one has the Porsche directions?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 PM
larry_chip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Verde
Still confused. I have the stock seats with leather/vinyl seatbacks. What exactly would I do?

you need the sport seats to have a hard backing that can be color matched to your car, the rear of our seats are not leather, there some sort of hard shell but mine are grey & my cars red, so i wanted to match them red.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Ahh, no wonder. Guess I'm SOL so to speak. Thanks for the clarification thought.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
So is there any conclusion on how to remove?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

For those who don't already have sport seats......

Has anyone ever seen these in person? Looks interesting.

http://www.lltek.com/PRS_bin/PRS_40_...tr_seatmod.htm

edit....they are for the 996 not the 997.

Last edited by Brando; 09-07-2008 at 10:57 AM.