997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where to Buy Red Brake Calipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:20 PM
larry_chip is infamous around these parts
Where to Buy Red Brake Calipers?

Where can i get these?
i had the ones on my Corvette Painted & they came out like crap so i will not do that again.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You could try Suncoast

Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Try posting in the 996 or WTB section, IIRC there is someone here on the six that does this professionally (powdercoated). Maybe shoot a PM to "FastForwardWheels" here or contct him at www.pcars.us forum- He might know.

I've done a couple of sets myself, the spray can kit gives the best DIY results. There's a vendor on ebay with correct Porsche caliper stickers.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by larry_chip
Where can i get these?
i had the ones on my Corvette Painted & they came out like crap so i will not do that again.
I have a C2 and min were black. I was in the same boat as you and was looking for red ones and asking around. Finally I went to my porsche dealership and the sold me the paint and the porsche caliper decal to do it myself. Took me one full day but it wasn't that hard at all. It's been almost 3 years and the still are in great condition. It probably would have been better to powder coat them. But if you're looking for an inexpensive way that still has great results, give it a shot.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:34 PM
larry_chip is infamous around these parts
red blur any pics of them?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
These pics were taken about a year after I did them.

3 Post.JPG
IMG_2025.jpg

Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2008, 09:52 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
looks very nice- I had no idea the dealer actually sold caliper paint and decals!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
gietsach is infamous around these parts
It still looks great!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Old 09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Actually now that I saw that post I think I got the decals at xenonmods.com also.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
You did a great job on those calipers. Quite an inspiration.

Any hints to get the quality level you achieved?

Mine are black and I am going to do yellow to offset my light blue paint.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Actually they look great to the eye from the front but I did leave them on the rotor when I did them and thus the backs aren't painted. I literally just took off the tires, taped some newspaper in back of the caliper and in front of the rotor, grabbed a pic of how they should look and went to town. I had to do 2-3 coats to cover up the black. That took me an entire day to do. The next day I just added the decals and was done. It really wasn't too hard. Either way let me know if you have any questions and good luck.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Red Blur

Thank you for the offer.

I have thought of having then powder coated as well. It's just that I dread taking them off, then rebuilding them, and then back on again, but maybe the powdercoat lasts longer.

I'll let you know.

regards

Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Here's the way to do them right.....

-Eli

http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=443

THE WAY THEY ARE "BEFORE"

THE WAY THEY ARE AFTER BEING STRIPPED TO THE CORE

THE WAY THEY ARE AFTER BEING PAINTED AND HARD-BAKED

THE WAY THEY ARE AFTER DECALS, CLEAR COAT AND HARD-BAKED

Old 09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
slidingk1 is infamous around these parts
Very nice what did you sand down the paint with???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Red Brake Calipers?