997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

KW HLS coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:35 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
KW HLS coilovers

Hey anyone have a reviews about this suspension. I am really interested in putting it on my 997S due to the fact that I can raise and lower my car whenever i please easily from inside my car.
The reason why I have never slammed my car was due to clearance issues and if this works like i think it does then I will def buy it for my car.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:13 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen any reviews yet, but if their past products are any indication I'm sure they will rock. Looks they are a set of KW V3's (which do seriously rock- I had them on my 996) with the seperate lift functionality added. hmm... I may have to consider this as well!

BTW, if you want to talk to an experienced KW guy- go to www.ef1motorsports.com - call and talk to Fab (owner). His shop is located off Cherry avenue in Signal Hill / Long Beach.
He did the KW suspension on my 996 and will be doing my 997 when I'm ready. About $400 for install and alignment to GT3 street specs. Really nice / knowledgeable guy.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 08-31-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I might consider getting them from my car as well. any idea how much ?

Old 09-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I might consider getting them from my car as well. any idea how much ?
I think they are about 3 grand

Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
I think they are about 3 grand
3K is a great price. I did some shopping around for adjustable suspension from Ohlin/Ruf, and they wanted to charge somewhere around 6K!

I say you go for it, so you can give us a review. If it turns out well, I'll be selling my bilsteins!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spyder997s
3K is a great price. I did some shopping around for adjustable suspension from Ohlin/Ruf, and they wanted to charge somewhere around 6K!

I say you go for it, so you can give us a review. If it turns out well, I'll be selling my bilsteins!
How much are a new set of Bilsteins coilovers?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
PSS10's are around the $2500 range IIRC. You get a SUBSTANTIALLY better suspension with KWv3's (non-HLS) for about the same price. Tack on the few extra hundred for the HLS feature, now you have a wicked suspension that raises or drops at the push of a button- slick!
Look in the Group Buy forum for member pricing on KW's. I can say with complete confidence that you won't hear a single complaint from anyone running KW's on their pcar. I'm getting very tempted to see about ordering the HLS, but first I'd like to find out some info on how the electronics are installed.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 09-01-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
hey they have different offerings on the HLS- interesting!

KW HLS (Hydraulic Lift System)
helping sport cars avoid road clearance difficulties
Raises the vehicle up to 45 mm

The HLS provides additional road clearance for lowered vehicles. When expanded, a range of 30mm to 45mm of lift is produced, thereby helping sport cars avoid road clearance difficulties like speed bumps, road constructions etc.
Version HLS 2
HLS 2 which enables only the front axles to be lifted and lowered
Version HLS 4
HLS 4 covers both the front and rear axles of the vehicle

- For vehicles with with little road clearance
- Vehicle specific applications
- Activation of change in height by a small keychain transmitter
avoiding the need to run additional wires through the vehicle
- Height changes can be done while the vehicle is moving, up to speeds of 80 km/h (50 mph)
- Automatically lowering of the vehicle
- With TÜV certificate

- Rubber bellows protect hydraulic cylinder, thereby providing long term durability.

The hydraulic cylinder unit is installed between the spring perch and spring. The pump unit is installed inside or near the spare wheel well. A programmable control unit processing the CAN Bus signal for speed control is also included in the kit.

HLS Kits are offered in 3 configurations:

1. HLS conversion kit with shorter springs to adapt to existing KW coilover
2. HLS conversion kit with lowering springs for OEM coilover kits.
3. Complete KW coilover kit with HLS adapted to it.

Are you interterested in HLS which isn't available yet for your car?
Then please send a request HERE

Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
So where can we buy these for $3K? Sponsors?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Not KW's but maybe an altenative,
I know this guy had a kit for the NSX and was working on a kit for the 997,seems to be listed on his site.
There were some happy customers from the NSX site.
I also believe he was going to become a site sponsor.
Might be worth giving him a call or email...

http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/co...t_pending.html

Last edited by justatoy; 09-01-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
There is a thread in the Group Buy forum area for KW pricing-

That Umbrella HLS system looks interesting- Nice to see other performance shops getting creative. IIRC KW designs and tests their products at the Ring, so I'd be more inclined to go with them based on reputation and past personal product experience. Very curious about the price though-

Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. I may have to look into these as well. I may have to sell the Bilsteins as well

Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Interesting. I may have to look into these as well. I may have to sell the Bilsteins as well
Let me know if you sell them

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I will most probably end up getting these pretty soon. I just got to wait a bit cause i just bought some rims (HRE C20's) and about to order the vorstiener rear bumper. Once all that goes on ill buy the KW's and give you guys a review.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KW HLS coilovers