997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
10% sounds like a great deal, I do not think I can get that here, but I can always ask. I am thinking 5% is a realistic goal for Silicon valley.
Forget S/V.

Call John Saba at Rector Burlingame at 650-348-0111

Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
I have a question, did you go out and buy a 1080 P television when they first came out or did you wait 2 years for the prices to drop? Lets keep in mind these are cars no one needs. These vehicles are wants and a selfish purchase. Haven't you worked hard all your life to be in the position to be able to purchase a vehicle such as this? I'm sure the answer is yes, then buy what you want when you want and don't really worry about what it costs. You deserve it, enjoy the purchase don't make it hard.

Buying a vehicle such as a Porsche should be fun from start to finish. Once you start running around trying to save a dollar here and a dollar there the experience turns into just buying a car. Lets face it these are not just cars. You and people such as mostly everyone on this board have made Porsche what it is today, an elite brand that builds the greatest cars in the world. Would you go into Tiffany's and say well if you give me 10% off I'll buy that nice PATEK PHILIPPE?

I have to disagree somewhat on your comments because a TV is a finite product, where a car has a resale value, thus a blue book on cars never on TV's. The purchase price is quite important when you are disposing of such car, if you buy that car discounted in the end you will have a diminished loss that accounts for depreciation. How many times have we heard the term "up side down" on resaleable items, such as cars and houses? If you happen to buy a car, first and most important is your losses, taxes may be the very first unless you are able to deduct them somehow, I have but not on my Porsches or MB's, then if you happen to pay overprice which often happens in Ferraris, that is money to waste, you gave money away, made someone richer or what equals to throwing it to the dumpster. Then initial purchase price is quite important in my view.

But also I have to agree that building a relationship with a dealership is important but take into account the rate at what people change at dealerships and the owners ethics, perhaps it may not be as important then.

Anyhow, to me initial pricing is the most important issue of any large purchase on a resale item.

I bet that when you bought a home, (if you have) you looked into the best deal, yet you suggest we just go ahead and don't look so hard into pricing, well I guess that is why you are the "salesman" and we are the Porsche drivers

Last edited by Frissen; 09-10-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
---I have a question, did you go out and buy a 1080 P television when they first came out or did you wait 2 years for the prices to drop?---
Waste of $ if you did because you'd only be watching a 1080i signal on that supposed 1080p set!

There is no native 1080p signal.

There is more to purchasing than pricing but pricing does provide a purchase incentive.

The argument doesn't equate to auto purchases.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Forget S/V.

Call John Saba at Rector Burlingame at 650-348-0111
I was there a few months back to look around and just for fun, I asked what kind of offer can they make me, they told me nada. Oh well....

Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
I was there a few months back to look around and just for fun, I asked what kind of offer can they make me, they told me nada. Oh well....
No kidding/ that's a surprise.

Talk with John and see. If he does not then buy where you feel most comfortable.

Remember that every dealer wants the long dollar. If you show too much enthusism or eagerness you'll get no where.

If you get and start to leave they will talk.

If they don't what do you need that for?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
No kidding/ that's a surprise.

Talk with John and see. If he does not then buy where you feel most comfortable.

Remember that every dealer wants the long dollar. If you show too much enthusism or eagerness you'll get no where.

If you get and start to leave they will talk.

If they don't what do you need that for?

Two possibilities, either I look like I can’t afford one, so no point wasting time to make me any offer, or I got too much money that I do not need any deal. I do not think it is the second ; }, or they know I am just looking around for fun, and not want to invest too much time. More reason why I look at cars after the dealer is closed.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
The rumor is true. Porsche did cut margins and there is no where near 20% mark up in these cars. What are you people smoking? I'm not at liberty to say any more than this for fear I could be taken out by sniper fire.
I left my gun at work, lol. I just now had a chance to read thru the discussion so far, and I think this is one of the best threads in months on the 6.

mdc -- you are sniffing in the right direction. you must have been good at "marco polo"

alan -- that is a smokin' deal. I hate to say it, but I think your dealer made an "oops".

personally, after experiencing the car 1st hand, I wouldn't wait until they hit showrooms, as with the reduced production this year, the allocations are fewer and farther between. the car is great, lots of nice upgrades. I think the car is going to do quite well, even in the current market.

and as everyone on here knows, I have always been quite candid when it comes to pricing.

Oh, and PorscheSalesAtl, tell rapoport to try and stay out of trouble.

and now back to your regular scheduled programming..........

Old 09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by GossettPorsche
I left my gun at work---
Then you must be a "big shot"!

There is no regularly scheduled programming. That's why most of us are ready for the funny farm.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
Then you must be a "big shot"!

There is no regularly scheduled programming. That's why most of us are ready for the funny farm.
no rimshot?

that's the 6spd I know! boy did I miss this place. I've been so busy the last few months I haven't had much time to post on here.

so unscheduled it is.....

Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by GossettPorsche

mdc -- you are sniffing in the right direction. you must have been good at "marco polo"

and as everyone on here knows, I have always been quite candid when it comes to pricing.
Always nice to hear from the “other side”, you missed the group hug we had this afternoon. Since you are on the other end of this equation, if I come to you and ask for 5% firm on a 120k order car, you think that is fair enough and everyone go home smiling? I seriously doubt 10% will fly.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
mdc
I understand the “deal” really depends on location and local economy, but generally speaking, what is a fair % one can realistically shot for and get? Maybe you can give us some tips on how to drive for a better deal? What would you do when you go buy a car? By the way, is Porsche financing competitive?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
---generally speaking, what is a fair % one can realistically shot for and get?
Nothing is fair. You married? Get used to it.

Originally Posted by mdc
---Maybe you can give us some tips on how to drive for a better deal?
Don't drive. Take a cab.

Originally Posted by mdc
---What would you do when you go buy a car?
Laugh as he sees us all walk in.

Originally Posted by mdc
---By the way, is Porsche financing competitive?
Not a chance. How do you think he's paying for his subscription to this site?

Seriously, want competitive rates? Keep a high FICO-760 and above- and talk with credit unions as well as Chase Auto Finance-don't lease.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
mdc
Nothing is fair. You married? Get used to it.
Don't drive. Take a cab.

Laugh as he sees us all walk in.

Not a chance. How do you think he's paying for his subscription to this site?

Seriously, want competitive rates? Keep a high FICO-760 and above- and talk with credit unions as well as Chase Auto Finance-don't lease.
Funny, Yes, married, 3 kids. More reason why I need a good deal ; > I think I am done with leasing, been doing that for too long. So far, the only good deal I think I made were the two cars I bought my kids.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
So it seems from reading some of the dealer input here that the profit margin is about 12%...at least that is the way I interrupt the posts as a whole. 10% off will not leave the dealer much profit considering overhead, etc.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
I believe that 5% should be attainable. With the economy doing poorly, virtually everyone suffers. A Porsche is a car you want, not need. I want a C4S for next year, but if I feel I can't get what I consider a good deal, I'll either wait until I do, or buy something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 at MSRP?