997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
this is more exciting than the Ohbama McCain debate, both of you are making good points

Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
this is more exciting than the Ohbama McCain debate---
But who will be the first to wear lipstick?

Boxstergirlie01 stay out of this one!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
I'll do it as long as neither of them are president.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I really have to go get that 09 after all these

Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
stevenshin is infamous around these parts
I can't believe there is still a debate on the topic of price shopping. The bottom line is that everyone has different opportunity costs, wealth, patience, etc. Saving a few thousand might not build wealth, but it preserves some of it. Before the availability of invoice prices on cars and the internet (discussion forums like this), dealers had the upperhand in a negotiation. Now, the consumer can walk in better prepared, and getting a pulse of the market and price shopping by asking about others' experiences and learning the invoice prices is the consumers' way of leveling the playing field in a negotiation. If you don't think price shopping is worth it, good for you. The more a dealer makes on the sale of a car to you, the more he might be willing to bend a little on the sale to me.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by stevenshin
I can't believe there is still a debate on the topic of price shopping.
yes, but some of these exchange are very informative, funny and entertaining. Big thanks to technology. This would not have been possible before.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
yes, but some of these exchange are very informative, funny and entertaining. Big thanks to technology. This would not have been possible before.
What a great point I had not considered. I like the funny and entertaining side. I wish I could contrbute to that!!!@#$%&&^$$!

It's obvious that not everyone is a good negotiator or has the confidence to take on the business end of car deals.

However, as you rightfully said this is a great medium for some to learn and most definitely for some to become aware as to what can be done and the manner in which it should be done.

Now if we could only get somewhere with women through this technology!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Now if we could only get somewhere with women through this technology!!!
The valley always has room for another start up, how did we get from me trying to get a good deal on an 09 to women? I thought we are onto something with that power seat thread... Is this wut happen when a bunch of car guys get together? I bet my wife can do a better negotiation than me, I just get too excited and lost track of the “good deal” I was after.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
---I bet my wife can do a better negotiation than me,---
She obviously did.

She got you to marry her!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Originally Posted by mass
If you think saving a few grand on a car is in any way connected to acquire wealth, you are dead wrong. Saving money is barely correlated to acquiring wealth. You acquire wealth by making more and managing what you have. Buying a car is the WORST way to acquire wealth.
My point was that the person who saves a few grand on a car probably saved money everywhere - you don't get $ by giving it away. That is just one way of managing money. I do agree that buying a car, which is used and not a collectible, is not a way to acquire wealth, but I will not drive a piece of crap just to save some $!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by Gcalo
She obviously did.

She got you to marry her!!!
good point. I think one of the respond is right, until the cars show up, we will not know how well it is going to do. It might go out the door like hot cake, it might sit there like all the 997-1.0. But from what I have seen online and in print, the car looks great.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
silver1331 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdc
I understand the “deal” really depends on location and local economy, but generally speaking, what is a fair % one can realistically shot for and get? Maybe you can give us some tips on how to drive for a better deal? What would you do when you go buy a car? By the way, is Porsche financing competitive?
3 months ago I had negotiated 7% off a new ordered 2009 C4 for reference. I ended up going in a different direction but 7% is quite reasonable and i would think i could do even better with the way this economy is performing. If you're serious write a decent size deposit check and ask them to tear it up.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:21 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by silver1331
3 months ago I had negotiated 7% off a new ordered 2009 C4 for reference. I ended up going in a different direction but 7% is quite reasonable and i would think i could do even better with the way this economy is performing. If you're serious write a decent size deposit check and ask them to tear it up.
Thanks for sharing that info, 7% sounds very good, I am targeting 5%. ; > Mind sharing your game plan?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
silver1331 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdc
Thanks for sharing that info, 7% sounds very good, I am targeting 5%. ; > Mind sharing your game plan?
I would play a few dealers against each other. 5% should be easily achievable if not beaten. No one is forcing them to sell, if they tell you to F off then thats ok. Thats what the dealer who gave me 7% off told me at first, then he came back... If you come off as a serious buyer i would be really surprised if you could not beat 5%.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by silver1331
I would play a few dealers against each other. 5% should be easily achievable if not beaten. No one is forcing them to sell, if they tell you to F off then thats ok. Thats what the dealer who gave me 7% off told me at first, then he came back... If you come off as a serious buyer i would be really surprised if you could not beat 5%.
thanks for the tip, nothing to loose, right? so I will give it a shot when I am ready.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 at MSRP?