997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
09 at MSRP?

For all of you that ordered your 09, are the dealers giving any kind of price break on your car? I feel silly to ask because it is a new model, but considering the economy, car sales stats, no harm shooting for a price break even it is a brand new model. I got my 06 c2s in late 05, they did not give me a penny off, but that was my first Porsche buying experience... If I am going to upgrade, I am hoping I can do a better job in my negotiation.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i think a little discount can be had.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
There is a thread in this section concerning this topic, and it seems to vary by dealer.

I would think where there are few dealers located you will not see discounting but in areas such as LA you have a better chance.

I know that Rector in Burlingame is presently quite aggressive.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gcalo
There is a thread in this section concerning this topic, and it seems to vary by dealer.

I would think where there are few dealers located you will not see discounting but in areas such as LA you have a better chance.

I know that Rector in Burlingame is presently quite aggressive.
There are four within 30 miles, I like to wait and see how thing shake out in a few more months after the 09 come in.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
For all of you that ordered your 09, are the dealers giving any kind of price break on your car? I feel silly to ask because it is a new model, but considering the economy, car sales stats, no harm shooting for a price break even it is a brand new model. I got my 06 c2s in late 05, they did not give me a penny off, but that was my first Porsche buying experience... If I am going to upgrade, I am hoping I can do a better job in my negotiation.

I think it depends on the dealer. I have never bought a car from my local dealer, not because I haven't wanted to do so, but because they don't negotiate prices. For example, I had a 2004 996 C4S and they wanted to give me $60k on a trade for a new 2006 Carrera S I was specifying, and not a penny off the MSRP on the new car plus I had to leave all the Tequipment carbon fiber that I bought through their parts department (over $3000), the CD changer I also bought from them and also the C4S Aerokit that was, bought from them too again - I just want to keep emphasizing the fact that all parts were purchased from them!!!

I placed a call to a dealer 3 hours south of where I live, and with whom I had never done any business with before and they gave me $65k in trade-in value, let me keep all the Tequipment carbon fiber, the CD changer I bought and the Aerokit (all these parts I sold on eBay and got a big portion of my money back) and gave me $3000 off the MSRP price once all the options on the list I wanted were checked. This represented a deal of over $8000 real money that I came out ahead.

As I said, it all depends on the dealer and how much they want your business. I guess my local dealer's Sales Manager is either bad businessman or the dealer was doing so well that it didn't need to bother with someone like me (something I seriously doubt as the dealer I came to buy the car from was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, in the USA).

Last edited by cibergypsy; 09-07-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned
NCMD is infamous around these parts
with porsche sales down 44% i guarantee you can get a great deal. jus be patient and call around.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:16 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by NCMD
with porsche sales down 44% i guarantee you can get a great deal. jus be patient and call around.
for a 120K(including options), what do u guys think is a fair deal to ask for, I know they will laugh at 10%-- ha ha, is 5% is reasonable target?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 AM
PorscheSalesAtl is infamous around these parts
Porsche sales where only down 44% for the month of August. Year to date is 14.5% still not great but not as bad as you just made it sound. Lets put the 44% in perspective. Almost out of 2008 911 with a major update around the corner. Boxster/Cayman down big due to update and slowing economy, Cayenne due to slowing economy and Gas prices. The people that are affected most by the economy are the buyers of the Boxster/ Cayman and some Cayenne models. 911, GTS, Turbo and Turbo S Cayenne are still going strong mainly because the clients that can afford them are not as effected by peaks and valleys of income. That is why these models are exclusive in the first place.
MSRP is a fair price for the 2009 911. I understand wanting to save money its the American way. Point is buy what you want ,when you want and from who you want if you can afford it. A good deal is in the eye of the buyer. If you feel your sales person has done a great job and has provided a service to help you build your dream car is a $1,000 one way or the other going to keep you from buying what you want?

I have a question, did you go out and buy a 1080 P television when they first came out or did you wait 2 years for the prices to drop? Lets keep in mind these are cars no one needs. These vehicles are wants and a selfish purchase. Haven't you worked hard all your life to be in the position to be able to purchase a vehicle such as this? I'm sure the answer is yes, then buy what you want when you want and don't really worry about what it costs. You deserve it, enjoy the purchase don't make it hard.

Buying a vehicle such as a Porsche should be fun from start to finish. Once you start running around trying to save a dollar here and a dollar there the experience turns into just buying a car. Lets face it these are not just cars. You and people such as mostly everyone on this board have made Porsche what it is today, an elite brand that builds the greatest cars in the world. Would you go into Tiffany's and say well if you give me 10% off I'll buy that nice PATEK PHILIPPE?

Enjoy the purchase it's part of the ownership experience. If you feel a price is good and they made an offer in an effort to earn your business buy it. If they act like your not important and are making no effort to earn your business move on to the next dealer that will value your business. We value everyone of our clients and not speaking for them but I think most everyone that has purchased from us feels as though we care about them because in the end we do. Providing a service to our clients is what we are here for and not just any service it should be the best service you have ever received when buying a vehicle or for that matter any purchase you have ever made.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
mstlc03 is infamous around these parts
Yes there are discounts on 09

I've been looking for a C2S for a few weeks now. Still deciding on saving some big $$$ on an 08 or taking the plunge on a new 09. The local dealer here in Dallas TX already told me that to expect $2000-$3000 off of MSRP on an ordered 09 model. This is before I even asked for any discounts!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
lockmk is infamous around these parts
I early ordered a 2009 S and was given a 6% discount. The dealer has been very helpful so far and is keeping me informed about the car's progress through production (it is in PDI right now) and it should arrive around the end of Oct.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
72guy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
Porsche sales where only down 44% for the month of August. Year to date is 14.5% still not great but not as bad as you just made it sound. Lets put the 44% in perspective. Almost out of 2008 911 with a major update around the corner. Boxster/Cayman down big due to update and slowing economy, Cayenne due to slowing economy and Gas prices. The people that are affected most by the economy are the buyers of the Boxster/ Cayman and some Cayenne models. 911, GTS, Turbo and Turbo S Cayenne are still going strong mainly because the clients that can afford them are not as effected by peaks and valleys of income. That is why these models are exclusive in the first place.
MSRP is a fair price for the 2009 911. I understand wanting to save money its the American way. Point is buy what you want ,when you want and from who you want if you can afford it. A good deal is in the eye of the buyer. If you feel your sales person has done a great job and has provided a service to help you build your dream car is a $1,000 one way or the other going to keep you from buying what you want?

I have a question, did you go out and buy a 1080 P television when they first came out or did you wait 2 years for the prices to drop? Lets keep in mind these are cars no one needs. These vehicles are wants and a selfish purchase. Haven't you worked hard all your life to be in the position to be able to purchase a vehicle such as this? I'm sure the answer is yes, then buy what you want when you want and don't really worry about what it costs. You deserve it, enjoy the purchase don't make it hard.

Buying a vehicle such as a Porsche should be fun from start to finish. Once you start running around trying to save a dollar here and a dollar there the experience turns into just buying a car. Lets face it these are not just cars. You and people such as mostly everyone on this board have made Porsche what it is today, an elite brand that builds the greatest cars in the world. Would you go into Tiffany's and say well if you give me 10% off I'll buy that nice PATEK PHILIPPE?

Enjoy the purchase it's part of the ownership experience. If you feel a price is good and they made an offer in an effort to earn your business buy it. If they act like your not important and are making no effort to earn your business move on to the next dealer that will value your business. We value everyone of our clients and not speaking for them but I think most everyone that has purchased from us feels as though we care about them because in the end we do. Providing a service to our clients is what we are here for and not just any service it should be the best service you have ever received when buying a vehicle or for that matter any purchase you have ever made.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase!
Yep. That narrows the dealer search.
Regards

Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
PorcheSalesAtl- I hear what you are saying but to me it just doesn't sound realistic. Dealmaking, shopping around and price negotiating are the American way.. and are also key ingredients to becoming financially successful.
Good service and salesmanship should not be used as a "bonus" reason for expecting someone to pay full price. Those things should just be a given, regardless.

I feel fairly confident in stating that most folks capable of purchasing a $100k+ car have embraced dealmaking / negotiating / price shopping as a way of life and doing business, and are actually quite shewd with their hard-earned $. A few grand saved here and there does add up

Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 PM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Dealmaking, shopping around and price negotiating are the American way..
I think it is actually the way of the world. My daughter said she got the feeling the vendors in the various bazaars in Egypt when she visited felt slighted if you did not try to negotiate the prices of items down.

Good luck to PorscheSalesAtl to keep chanting the "MSRP" mantra when others are already giving discounts on the 09's.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
PorscheSalesAtl is infamous around these parts
I'll leave this one alone other than it's amazing how at times people put words into others mouths. May I ask where in my posting I stated anything about Selling only at MSRP? I believe it said more like if you "the buyer" is happy with the price offered, buy it. That is if you feel you are getting the service and product your looking for. If not move on to a dealer that will provide you a fair price and service. I never once stated you shouldn't get anything off.

Doesn't it make since to build a relationship with your local dealer unless they are way off base with price or just plain arrogant? There is always a time a good relationship with a dealer will come in handy. I can count hundreds of times in my career where a client has needed my services after the sale. Do I send a bill afterward? I think not.

Deal making is the American way, I agree. Sales people also make the world go around economically. There are sales people for everything all the way down to the little plastic things that keep your shoe laces from coming apart at the end. I'm also willing to bet a lot of individuals on this forum are sales people of some sort. We are not the enemy, we are here to help. Yes, there are sales people that aren't worth giving a $1 but many have the will to help make your purchase enjoyable and be of help down the line when needed. You could look at it like tipping but we don't ask for 20% of your bill. Your supposed to laugh now or at the very least smile.

Enjoy your purchase. How many times in your life have you actually been able to say "Yes, thats my new Porsche" Enjoy it is all I'm trying to say.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by lockmk
I early ordered a 2009 S and was given a 6% discount. The dealer has been very helpful so far and is keeping me informed about the car's progress through production (it is in PDI right now) and it should arrive around the end of Oct.
I think that is good, you mind sharing the info?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 at MSRP?