997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

yes another Powder Coat the wheels question... thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
yes another Powder Coat the wheels question... thanks for the help.

I have decided to powder coat my wheels black, any tips greatly apprecaited. (do's and don'ts other then higher a reputible shop) I was planning on refinishinhg the wheels anyway (no rash but few chips etc... and just want them perfect) so now is the time. I have always loved black wheels (if the right wheel) on cars just not in a high gloss. I was curious if anyone has any advice....varying color shades of black powder coat etc... can you clearcoat a powder coat finish (sorry if dumb question). I have heard after many washes some see small lines in the powdercoat, is this true etc... any words of wisdom (besides don't do it style wise) please feel free.... Thanks all for any help...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:27 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I got some light scratches in my black powdered lips. They are not the old. I don't know if you can buff on powder..

Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
are you doing this to your Ruf wheels?
heres what i did to my former set.
pm me and i can give you some pointers

Old 09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thanks....

yes its the ruf wheels and just PM'd you, thanks again, my friend did a ruf edit trying to get an idea of how it may look but not sure this does it.....

I need a photoshop person to really see..

Attached Images   

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-09-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
My Rennworx are powdercoated flat black and have held up great so far. Like you said, you should have no problems if you find a reputable shop.

Attached Images  

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 09-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
+1 for flat/matte black

Old 09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
keep them silver, or paint em the same color as your car. I think the flat black is so played. If u do go with the flat black... U MUST get tint

Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I have a flat black / satin black set of OEM Lobster Forks for sale if you decide not to powder coat your set. Good luck with the project and be sure to post some pics

Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 AM
great

wow those looks great, any more pics of the car and the black wheels, please post....

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
My Rennworx are powdercoated flat black and have held up great so far. Like you said, you should have no problems if you find a reputable shop.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:55 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mickfluff
wow those looks great, any more pics of the car and the black wheels, please post....

Thanks for the compliment. The only photos I have here on my office computer are some crappy iPhone ones:

Attached Images   
Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
are the wheels expensive?

maybe I just buy anothers set of wheels.... are they expensive your wheels? hope its OK to ask....really like those wheels... look like my RUF.s

Thanks for the compliment. The only photos I have here on my office computer are some crappy iPhone ones:

Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
maybe I just buy anothers set of wheels.... are they expensive your wheels? hope its OK to ask....really like those wheels... look like my RUF.s
There were only a couple of set's of these wheels made, it's the Rennworx RSR. They aren't being made anymore. Supposedly they were $1150 a piece, but I bought them used for a bit less than that. They do look similar to the RUF wheels. They are pretty lightweight too at 21 lbs front and 23 lbs rear in 19" fitment. Here they are in silver finish:

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
wow these are sharp....

very nice and so much lighter then the RUF's, what a great wheel! yikes i thought the RUF's were expensive

There were only a couple of set's of these wheels made, it's the Rennworx RSR. They aren't being made anymore. Supposedly they were $1150 a piece, but I bought them used for a bit less than that. They do look similar to the RUF wheels. They are pretty lightweight too at 21 lbs front and 23 lbs rear in 19" fitment. Here they are in silver finish:

Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice. They do look a lot like the RUF's at first glance.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Looks nice. They do look a lot like the RUF's at first glance.
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: yes another Powder Coat the wheels question... thanks for the help.