997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

the Bose is ok but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Are the speakers plug and play,. would i be able to take bose speakers out from one 997 and put it in another?
The drivers that Bose uses are incompatible with any other system. the voice coil resistance is 0.5 (1/2) Ohm!

Only their amps can tolearte that very low load. And they are of such por quality you would not want to use them!

For johnstoy it's not the amplifier power that makes a sub. It's the efficiency rating of the driver. If you are using big amps it is due to the driver taking more HP than it can return. That is the efficiency rating.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gcalo
If you have a non-Bose (analog) system you are better off because upgrades can more easily be done. However the non-Bose may be MOST as well! I do not know that for sure.
thanks for you input. thats what im trying to find out. my car came with the non bose ASK amplifer so im forced to use a non bose PCM. my concern is whether or not the MOST outputs will still produce audio signals which i can use with aftermartk ipod and xm hardware.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I'm not a fan of the Bose . In fact my 08 M3 (other car) upgraded sound system is leaps above it . I didn't buy the Porsche for the stereo but I do look forward to improved sound in future Porsches . Aftermarket installation can be done from what I understand and I hope to read more from those who have gone that route .

Old 09-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
---my car came with the non bose ASK amplifer so im forced to use a non bose PCM.
Then that might be an analog system. ASK makes for Ferrari and Maserati as well.

---my concern is whether or not the MOST outputs will still produce audio signals which i can use with aftermartk ipod and xm hardware.
If it's MOST it's all digital. It outputs nothing. It is a system by which all the commands are digitally transferred throughout the vehicle.

If it's an analog system then you do not need the aftermarket interfaces.

Check with a good high end car stereo shop.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
If it's MOST it's all digital. It outputs nothing. It is a system by which all the commands are digitally transferred throughout the vehicle.
well, if i had a bose PCM.. then the MOST would handle all the information for the navigation module and audio digital signals. then hooking up other after market hardware such as XM or Mobridge for satellite music or ipod/bluetooth connects can be possible.

im not sure if a non bose PCM still delivers the digital information for other hardware except for the oem navigation module. i've contacted other stereo dealers and there are also unsure. but most of those stereo shops would rather sell you something which is not the oem PCM.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Kaz
Kaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the rough
you seem to know alot about porsche audio. do you know if products like Mobridge or Dension can be added to a non-Bose (MOST) pcm?
I have a non-BOSE MOST PCM with Dension successfully installed. So to answer your question...yes it can be done.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
well, if i had a bose PCM.. then the MOST would handle all the information for the navigation module and audio digital signals. then hooking up other after market hardware such as XM or Mobridge for satellite music or ipod/bluetooth connects can be possible.
If it's digital out put you need a D/A converter to use the signal. The aftermarket equip you mention would be inputted to the system. Those output analog. So to get into the system you'd need an A/D converter.

This is the problem today!

---but most of those stereo shops would rather sell you something which is not the oem PCM.
They are smart beacuse they do not want to waste time trying to interface to the MOST system.

The bottom line is I need to finish developing my piece to put an end to these problems.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kaz
I have a non-BOSE MOST PCM with Dension successfully installed. So to answer your question...yes it can be done.
thanks kaz. would you happen to have a link or a part # for the Dension part. im assuming it uses the MOST connections

Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 PM
If it's digital out put you need a D/A converter to use the signal. The aftermarket equip you mention would be inputted to the system. Those output analog. So to get into the system you'd need an A/D converter.

This is the problem today!

They are smart beacuse they do not want to waste time trying to interface to the MOST system.

The bottom line is I need to finish developing my piece to put an end to these problems.

thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Skillz is infamous around these parts
Kdubb,

Sent you a PM on subwoofer install.

Skillz.