997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

the Bose is ok but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
the Bose is ok but....

...Id like to add a subwoofer

best way to get this done ??

Old 09-13-2008, 01:29 AM
justjay202 is infamous around these parts
honestly, i don't think there's any room for that in the car.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
My '07 has the Bose system with the sub woofer attached to the center tunnel on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to interfere with anything there. You may be able to retro fit something in that area.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dadio
My '07 has the Bose system with the sub woofer attached to the center tunnel on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to interfere with anything there. You may be able to retro fit something in that area.
im looking to add an aftermarket sub and amp

Old 09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Help for a stock system?

Not to intercept this thread, but I bought my C2S (997) Cab pre-owned. And the luddite owner didn't order the Bose. What options do I have to make a significant improvement? I recently had the MoBridge Bluetooth/iPod adapter installed (amazing tech btw) and it just highlights the weakness of the stock system.
Thanks,
Verde

Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kdubb
im looking to add an aftermarket sub and amp
If you have the Bose digital system that is going to be very difficult!

That is referred to the "MOST" digital audio system and there is no interface available for that system at the moment.

Everything in the system is transferred via a digital optical cable. No wires until it gets to the amp that has a built-in digital to analog converter.

Go to a good high end car stereo shop and talk with them. They may have a way to get the low signal from the amp.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
+1 to Gcalo's reply. I don't think integrating it into the PCM system will be easy or cheap.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dadio
+1 to Gcalo's reply. I don't think integrating it into the PCM system will be easy or cheap.
I have designed an interface for the MOST system but the software engineering became so expensive I have put it on hold.

However it is remotely possible that in the next few months it will be revived due to demand.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
i agree, adding an after market amp with the MOST output will be very difficult. another option would be to use some type of line converter system and get the hi level signals coming from the amp. that signal can be cleaned up and then fed into another amp.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
---another option would be to use some type of line converter system and get the hi level signals coming from the amp. that signal can be cleaned up and then fed into another amp.
That is presently the only way you can do it.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gcalo
That is presently the only way you can do it.
you seem to know alot about porsche audio. do you know if products like Mobridge or Dension can be added to a non-Bose (MOST) pcm?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
you seem to know alot about porsche audio. do you know if products like Mobridge or Dension can be added to a non-Bose (MOST) pcm?
It's not specifically Porsche audio. I have spent a ton of time with the MOST digital fiber optic components and items in terms of designing an interface.

Porsche is just one of the many manufacturers using this system now.

If you have a non-Bose (analog) system you are better off because upgrades can more easily be done. However the non-Bose may be MOST as well! I do not know that for sure.

I plan to put more $ resources into my design because it is the key to everyone's independence from the doggy OEM systems!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:09 PM
johnstoy is infamous around these parts
I plan to put more $ resources into my design because it is the key to everyone's independence from the doggy OEM systems!
This would be nice. No matter how well designed the factory sound system is, watts tend to rule. I just put an 800 watt (amp spec, 1000 watt driver) sub woofer into my wife's Celica and it rocks. The entire Bose system is only 325 watts (inlcuding subs). I like the factory head unit and interface, but the sound could use a bit more kick.

LMK if you find a nice fix for this.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:13 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Are the speakers plug and play,. would i be able to take bose speakers out from one 997 and put it in another?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Winstondry has a spectacular aura aboutWinstondry has a spectacular aura aboutWinstondry has a spectacular aura about
My car has the Reus subwoofer and amp upgrade. I don't know much about it as the former owner of my car had the upgrade/install done.

Alain

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the Bose is ok but....