997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How many of you guys tint your windows?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
I used this one, number 35 it's a non-metallized, non-conductive, ceramic film..
http://www.tintplus.com/default.cfm?...nting-pinnacle

They're in the oc and did a great job..
I'm not a fan of the look of tinted windows on the 911 so I haven't tinted our 997S. But I've used Matt at TintPlus to tint three other cars as well as my current house and my last house. He and his guys do great work at great prices.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
All of our cars for the last 8 years have been tinted, I hate being inside the heat and glare of non-tinted cars now. Of all the various cars ironically it was a Porsche dealer employee who damaged the tint on one window a bit, but generally haven't had issues like that.

Fwiw always had metallic film and it never interfered with anything (GPS or V1, etc) and was perfectly happy with it, however tried ceramic on the GTR and love the additional heat cutting.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
mine's not tinted but i plan on doing some 30-35% ceramic tints... and possibly the windshield too. i think it'll do some protecting on the leather interior

Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is tinted 20% alll they way around except the windshield. I love the way it looks with the windshield tinted but it's highly illegal and it gives cops 1 more reason to pull over a Porsche driver.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Big_O is infamous around these parts
It's a tough decision! This may be the first car with light tint. Maybe 20%. Would like to keep a "clean" look" but offer some UV protection. Black on black is a hot color for So. Cal. Most previous vehicles have always been tinted one shade short of limo front and rear. Night visibility has never been an issue. For those guys (and gals *s*) affraid to break the law, hey -- you probably do it everyday by exceeding the posted speed limit!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
20% all the time

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
dmfreier is infamous around these parts
tint

I love the look of tinted windows

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Tro
Tro is infamous around these parts
I can't stay without tinted windows ...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Had Llumar Formula One Pinnacle (35%) installed on the side and rear windows and Llumar Air Blue (80%) installed in the windshield. Very happy with the results.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Kkilo1323 is infamous around these parts
Tinted, every car I have owned I have had the windows done. On my SUVs and Trucks I usually have the shop match the front to the rear factory tint, and on the cars 5%-20% depending on the type of vehicle.

On my convertibles I do 5% so when I have the top down and the windows up I still have the privacy and on the cars 20%, the 5% gets too dark and you can't see anything at night....more of a safety precaution otherwise I would go 5%...

Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
My entire motor pool is tinted for privacy and heat reduction

Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Track

Originally Posted by Big_O
All the cars owned (since the 80's) have always had tinted windows. My recent Bimmers over the years have been "blacked out" front and rear. Something about privacy that is very comfortable when driving. There are so many A-holes on the roads ready to flip you off for just looking at them, you would be amazed what people "don't do" when they can't see into the vehicle. More impotantly, tinting the windows preserves the cars interior, especially the carpets from the suns UV rays. I'm planning on getting the windows tinted for my black 911, just wondered if you guys are running stock windows or have them tinted.
Thanks,
My home track is Summit Point and they do not want you to track the car if it has tinted windows.
So, while I like the look, I don't tint.
Mr. B

Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I have 35% all around on my current car; my 350Z's rear windshield and rear windows were at 9% and the driver's and passenger doors were at 50%. The 50% never really kept the car cool as much as i wanted, but I definitely can tell with the 35% on my current car. Since my car is silver, the dark tint adds a nice exterior contrast

Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Yep, I am tinted. For looks, the darker the car, the darker the tint. On black, 20-35%, on silver 35%-50%. Just my taste, anyway.

The state of GA allows exemptions to their 35% tint law: skin cancer or eye conditions. I got my state exemption by filling out a form and attaching an eye doctor's note, which was approved. As a result, I can legally tint as dark as I want all around due to my eyes being very sensitive to light/ causing migranes, etc.

Of course, going as far as 5% (limo tint) will get you pulled over, which is inconvenient even if you have your tint exemption certificate, as I do.
CATTMAN

Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
5% tints are where it's at. I bought my e46 3series from a guy in florida and it was blacked out. I just registered my 997TT down in florida and first thing i did was black out the windows. Makes driving at night an adventure. If you look at most any car commercial, the windows are always tinted dark.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How many of you guys tint your windows?