997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How many of you guys tint your windows?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i like the clean looks of a non-tinted car BUT, i value my privacy so i have limo tint on my cars

Last edited by Bara; 04-08-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
Nope!

Virgin windows here with NO desire to tint.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
997guardian is infamous around these parts
No tint on mine since my previous car got hassled by PD. Plus, I like the clean look of non-tinted windows on silver. I wonder how it'd look with that light bluish tint MB's have. Maybe tacky.
To be honest, it annoys me when cars have the dark tint on front windows. I think it's safer to be able to see where the driver is looking and what they're doing (e.g. talking on the phone and not paying attention to the road).

Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
jackolo is infamous around these parts
No tint on the 911. It's already hard enough to see through the rear window with the glass roof slid back. I do like the look of tinted windows though but it depends on the color/theme.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 AM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
I haven't had a car with tint for 11 years. Can't say that I miss it. For me the color of the car dictates the use of tint or not. It looks good on dark cars but I don't like it on light colored cars.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I'm flip flop on this. I love the clean no-tint look, but on some colors like a little tint. I had a laguna blue M3 and kept it clean with no tint. I had a lapis blue C2S no tint. Now I have a Slate grey TT and have them tinted. I love the less glare from the sun and the tint looks good with the slate color car but still thinking of taking it off for the clean look again..

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Ced
Ced is infamous around these parts
I just tinted mine on Monday with 50% FormulaOne Pinnacle Series. My car is red w/ blk interior and it looks awesome. It not too dark and not too light; it really enhances the look. The Pinnacle Series uses the ceramic technology that further reduces the heat and there's no metals; thus there so interference with your electronics and frequency receptions. The technology has been patented. I love my car even more now; the car looked so naked without tint.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
ceramic tint is the way to go- I have 3M ceramic tint on mine, perfecto.

Ced- post some pics buddy!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Window tint is highly subjective from getting it or not to "how dark I want"?. There are many manufacturers and various types of tint on the market. It is essentially broken up into several categories:

1. Non-metallic Tint - most Lifetime Warranty films do not fade at all. Will not provide much heat rejection and also will not affect wireless transmission signals (AM / FM, Radar detectors, Keyless Entry, etc.)
2. Sputtered or Metallized Tint - This type of film was designed specifically to block more heat. However, it comes at a cost of affecting signals stated above
3. Hybrid - These are films that have some type of metal to provide better heat rejection than Non-metallic tint, but well under metallized tint's composition of materials that can affect such signals. However, we have seen this type of tint affect some car's keyless entry systems.
4. Ceramic - a newer technology film that provides better heat rejection than all films above (slightly better than metallized). However, some brands do affect signals like metallic films
5. IR film - this is a new tech film as well that provides maximum heat rejection (93%-95% of infrared rays are deflected). Has absolutely 0% of metal particles that can affect any type of wireless signals.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, when your windows are tinted people think twice about fu*king with you...

On my E55 Ive got 20% all around and 30% on my windsheild
On my S63 I also have 20% all around but only 50% on my windsheild

Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
rricardo is a jewel in the roughrricardo is a jewel in the roughrricardo is a jewel in the rough
Any recommendations in South Bay/Los Angeles area for good and fair priced tint.?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Theres a place in the valley where I always go to...I dont know if you want to drive down to the valley..... TINTMASTER (818)-992-8853...acually saw Andrew Bynum from the Los Angeles Lakers tinting his Denali when I was there...

Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Ced
Ced is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
ceramic tint is the way to go- I have 3M ceramic tint on mine, perfecto.

Ced- post some pics buddy!
I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
997.1 is infamous around these parts
Why wouldn't you tint?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
doesn't tinting make car look like used car? IDK just my 2 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How many of you guys tint your windows?