997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

suncoast_porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Steve,

The only advantage that I see using eBay, is that it will put you in touch with new clients. I found out about you via a search on eBay, and then called you directly (shipping for multiple items, and to Canada is always a little bit of work to get an accurate price). I can tell you that I will definitely be ordering from you guys again.

BTW the GT3 seats I bought from you guys are awesome. Every DE instructor has told me how awesome they are, and they make driving around the track in my C2S a fun ride (probably because they aren't sliding around). In fact I got in a few extra laps the other day because the instructor was enjoying the ride he told me to keep going even though others were going in. Nice clear track!

Ed

Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
That is a really good point, Ed. We do track where our site and phone traffic comes from and we'll see how much of an impact eBay has. Perhaps the store will be back up sometime next month.

I'm glad the seats are working out for you. We really enjoyed looking at the photo shoot you posted up here!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
That is a really good point, Ed. We do track where our site and phone traffic comes from and we'll see how much of an impact eBay has. Perhaps the store will be back up sometime next month.

I'm glad the seats are working out for you. We really enjoyed looking at the photo shoot you posted up here!
Even if you just put a few listings and direct the people to your own website that will at least get people on your site. Just my 2 cents.

Any progress on the brakes we were talking about?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Always been good to me too.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Whatever works for you...just trying to help.

Cars are usually listed at MSRP - hope you shop around for those!
Oh sure, I shop around for those, but I'm not gonna go into long winded bargaining and negotiating for $100 parts or $200 parts... my time is worth more than that. If a business cannot be up front with its pricing, its a business I don't want to do business with. By saying, here is our price but we will beat whatever you find elsewhere, signals to me, that the business is too lazy to price their goods right and want the customer to do the legwork. Hire someone other than me for that.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Neil! You've been good to us too!

Pete, it's been a while! How's that Boxster Red seat treating you?

Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Thanks Neil! You've been good to us too!

Pete, it's been a while! How's that Boxster Red seat treating you?
Steve! sure has...
that GT3 seat in boxster red is a perfect match for my interior... and I wouldn't track my car without a GT3 seat... that's how much of a difference it makes... I'll go as far as saying that anybody with a 996 that hasn't driven it with a GT3 seat really hasn't seen what their car can do when pushed!

Thinking of GT3 sway bars as my final upgrade but worried that it may be too harsh for the street??

Last edited by C70Pete; 11-02-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by C70Pete
... and I wouldn't track my car without a GT3 seat... that's how much of a difference it makes... I'll go as far as saying that anybody with a 996 that hasn't driven it with a GT3 seat really hasn't seen what their car can do when pushed!
+1 Huge improvement on my car

Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by C70Pete
Steve! sure has...
that GT3 seat in boxster red is a perfect match for my interior... and I wouldn't track my car without a GT3 seat... that's how much of a difference it makes... I'll go as far as saying that anybody with a 996 that hasn't driven it with a GT3 seat really hasn't seen what their car can do when pushed!

Thinking of GT3 sway bars as my final upgrade but worried that it may be too harsh for the street??

cheers
Pete
Pete,

That is awesome, I am glad you're enjoying them so much!

As far as the GT3 sway bars go, there's no worry about your car becoming too harsh for the street by any means. They are probably the most popular suspension upgrade we sell and I haven't heard anything but praise from guys who use their cars as daily drivers as well as for the track. It's also nice that the bars are 5-way adjustable, so if you wanted it to be stiffer for the track, you can change it, then make it softer for the streets (if it would even be necessary, which it probably wouldn't).

Old 09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YseanY
just ordered a few parts from suncoast, have not received it yet, but everything has been good... they've been very helpful
just received my parts on time as steve mentioned over the phone! thanks for the great service!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you Sean! Let me know how the install goes.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Suncaost really does have the best prices and quick shipment. Only room for improvement would be is if the part is backordered I'd like to be notified without having to call in for status of an order.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
Thank you Sean! Let me know how the install goes.
everything pretty much installed! I did miss a few parts... i'll be sending an email!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Steve, could you forward me price for a 997 GT3 front sway bar? I emailed your dealership and never got a reply.

Tks

Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
advan, you have a PM! Feel free to email me personally or PM me if there's anything you need.

c2mojo, I vow to be more vigilant with my emails on special ordered parts. I apologize for any lack of communication in the past!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.