997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Seatbelt Warning Tone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Seatbelt Warning Tone

Hello guys before I go nuts. I got my 997 C2S. Im praying theres a way to turn off the annoying seatbelt warning tone.

I know not everyone wears there seatbelt even though we should, but I cant take blasting my music to drone this annoying noise. PLEASE HELP

Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
When I am on the track using my harnesses, I run the stock belt behind my seat and plug it into the belt reciever.

I do think that you should wear you seat belt. You never know when some idiot is going to pull out in front of you.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
The dealer CAN do it for you! Mine did it for me and doesn't sound at all! Of course, the warning light on the dashboard still stays on but there is no sound at all. Have them do it for you.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
My dealer did it. It is done with the PIWIS. The light stays on on the dash and the bell still sounds if you unbuckle while in motion. But no bell if you aren't buckled up from a dead stop.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
yeah some dealers are **** about it and most wont do it but you do need the PIWIS to do it. I was afraid to open this thread most people right away start pushing the whole belt sermon.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Tro
Tro is infamous around these parts
That's right, this is not a sermon, it is simply common sense. I still not understand how people can drive without safety belt, just give me a good reason.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tro
That's right, this is not a sermon, it is simply common sense. I still not understand how people can drive without safety belt, just give me a good reason.
+1, saved my dads life in an accident were the other driver pulled right out in front of him.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:04 AM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
Seat belt is good, 6 point harness is better with the buzzer off.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
yeah some dealers are **** about it and most wont do it but you do need the PIWIS to do it. I was afraid to open this thread most people right away start pushing the whole belt sermon.
Thanks guys for the help. Yea I didnt want to start a seatbelt sermon or anything. Hey my thing on the seatbelt deal is does it saves lives YES. If I dont want to wear one if something should happen to me then Im the one to blame.

If you wear your belt thats cool you are doing the right thing. But its like smoking cigarettes they arent good for you either and people know the consequences if you smoke them but people do it anyway.

I applaud those who wear their belt and hope one day I can some to that point. Thanks guys

Old 09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OC Pcar

The reason we preach at the knuckleheads who insist on driving without belts is that the rest of us get punished for your silly games, at least here in the USA. We got stock with that stupid automatic belt solutin in the late 80's early 90s because some people refused to wear belts and our government always panders to the lowest common denominator.

I've got no problem with people putting themselves in danger voluntarily. But given our government, I do have something against your behavior resulting in government driven crap in my car to protect YOU from YOU. (such as that stupid seatbelt ding and warning light)

Me, I feel awkward and naked if I'm in a moving vehicle without a seatbelt on. Its a strange thing... but there you go.

Just dig around in the wiring under the seat that goes to the buckle receiver, and hotwire that plug to think the belt is always buckled in. No PIWIS required, but having the dealer turn it off the audible warning, if they will do it, is the better solution.

But if you ruin the furture cares because some new gadget is forcibly installed by the government to protect drivers from themselves, then I'm comming after YOUR ***, buddy! ;-)