997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Went to Newport Beach Porsche to look at the 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Newport Beach Porsche just is not a great dealership. They hit a sign with my first Porsche I ever bought in 2004 when it was in for service and I gave them 3 different chances to sell me a car but they were all stuck up on there high horse.

Obviously bought from somewhere else.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Never been to new port beach, but maybe their focus is on servicing stuck up people. I went to other high end car dealer ship, some sales person are nice, some just pretty much tell me I can’t afford their car without saying it out loud, for the most part, they are right. I can’t...

Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
Dakine, right on bro! We hawaiian dds always treat everyone the same-friendly, helpful and honestly. Had RMS warranty work done at Newport Auto and everything went well. Let us know when your pick up a 997.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Newport Porsche/Audi/Bentley is terrible with one exception. There is one salesman. He's an African American gentlemen and I believe his name is Apollo. He was very knowledgable, very helpful, and very polite when my wife and I were thinking of buying a then new to the market Cayman S several years ago. We drove up in our then nearly 10 year old sedan. I was in my usual uniform (shorts, a Reyn Spooner, and flip flops) and he was the only one who would give me the time of day.

Unfortunately, he couldn't even come close to matching the deal I got from Hoehn on my 2008 997S earlier this year so I did not use him for that purchase. Interestingly, my house is almost exactly equi-distant between NB Porsche and Hoehn in Carlsbad and since I've had nothing but excellent experiences with Hoehn, I won't be going back to NB.

But if you do... ask for Apollo.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
OP, your experience sounds like my experience at the mercedes dealership here. I rolled in once with my boys in a tank-top, surf trunks, and slippers to test-drive a sl550 and this yahoo salesguy didn't even look up from flirting with the receptionist. He thought I was waiting for my father or something. Went over to porsche and the salesman asked if I wanted to take out the 911 or cayman s. Never judge a book by its cover.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Newport Porsche/Audi/Bentley is terrible with one exception. There is one salesman. He's an African American gentlemen and I believe his name is Apollo. He was very knowledgable, very helpful, and very polite when my wife and I were thinking of buying a then new to the market Cayman S several years ago. We drove up in our then nearly 10 year old sedan. I was in my usual uniform (shorts, a Reyn Spooner, and flip flops) and he was the only one who would give me the time of day.

Unfortunately, he couldn't even come close to matching the deal I got from Hoehn on my 2008 997S earlier this year so I did not use him for that purchase. Interestingly, my house is almost exactly equi-distant between NB Porsche and Hoehn in Carlsbad and since I've had nothing but excellent experiences with Hoehn, I won't be going back to NB.

But if you do... ask for Apollo.
Da Happa-

I concurr with your post- I do not know Apollo- but there is one salesman that goes out of his way and is extremely knowledgeable as well his name is Eldon- I, like you- bought mine at Hoen and had a fine experience, but I would have loved to give Eldon the commission for all the help he has given me through the years...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
lgascoig is infamous around these parts
As many said it depends on the dealer. Initially I had a lot of problems with the place I put my order in. They jerked me around on the deposit and that pissed me off quite a bit.

In the end, I asked to speak to the general manager because I was going to leave. He basically said that most of their customers prefer for them to handle everything etc... and that he'd take care of my account.

He just called me to let me know my car will be ready between Oct 11-18th. Oooooooo yeah!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
justjay202 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi
i liked the service at Walters in Riverside, my sis got her cayman S there...as far as sales it was quick and relatively painless, service is not bad either
I SECOND WALTER'S in Riverside.

They're awesome. Pete, the manager, is very nice dude. Quick deal. No BS.

I walked on to the lot "entertaining the thought" of purchasing a car.

1.5 hours later, I drove off in an '08 white c2 cab.

Bob McDonald, service consultant, just as awesome.

Go there. You won't regret it.

Get an '08 - not much diff in car and probably get a killer deal in price.

You're also welcome to take over my lease so I can go to Walter's for an upgrade to 997TT.

Drive-off was $1900 and my monthly is $1291 on 36 month lease @ 12k miles. If interested, pm me. I'd like to upgrade to a turbo.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to the Orange county, yes I've been there on PCH and got the same treatment. Went to Walters Porsche instead and got a better deal. The OC are just full of stuck up people.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Welcome to the Orange county, yes I've been there on PCH and got the same treatment. Went to Walters Porsche instead and got a better deal. The OC are just full of stuck up people.
1. Only the morons in that idiotic TV show refer to Orange County as "The OC".
2. Baltimore is full of simple minded individuals who are apt to judge a book by its cover.
3. I'm only kidding about the second point.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
1. Only the morons in that idiotic TV show refer to Orange County as "The OC".
2. Baltimore is full of simple minded individuals who are apt to judge a book by its cover.
3. I'm only kidding about the second point.

1. I moved to Orange County for work not by choice
2. I am from the East Coast so pardon me if I think people from Southern California are shallow, conceited, fulf of it and think they know it all.
3. I was just stating my experience with Newport Beach Porsche.
4. You clearly are from Southern California, my condolences.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
2. I am from the East Coast so pardon me if I think people from Southern California are shallow, conceited, fulf of it and think they know it all.

Geez- you really have us nailed! What would really make us fulfilled and potentially more of a real person would be to be more like you, except of course for the living in Baltimore part....

Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
Geez- you really have us nailed! What would really make us fulfilled and potentially more of a real person would be to be more like you, except of course for the living in Baltimore part....

Carlsbad? I rest my case.... HAHAHAHAH what a loser.hilariou shila rious

Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
alantaur is infamous around these parts
Yeah, I'll give you the fact that we're a bit shallow here in Orange County, but that's part of the fun of living here! I know I'm enjoying it. I grew up in the SF Bay Area, and we took ourselves way too seriously up there.

I was actually born in Maryland, so I have nothing bad to say about the East Coast.

Trust me, we aren't all that high on ourselves around here.

Vive la différence!

Happy Motoring!

-Alan

2005 C2S

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
alantaur is infamous around these parts
I really like the parts department at Walter's. I've gotten great prices with the PCA discount, even better than mail order!

-Alan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went to Newport Beach Porsche to look at the 997.2