997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Went to Newport Beach Porsche to look at the 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Carlsbad? I rest my case.... HAHAHAHAH what a loser.hilariou s
RoadRage-

Boy- you really know Southern California!

You obviously need some edification here....

Man- What did you do- drive through and JUDGE everyone????

Carlsbad is in San Diego County-----Irvine is in Orange County!

They are approximately an hour away from each other!

They are BOTH extremely nice places to live- The La Costa Resort being in Carlsbad- just north of Del Mar

Irvine borders Newport Beach-

I am sure Baltimore is really nice....

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
1. I moved to Orange County for work not by choice
2. I am from the East Coast so pardon me if I think people from Southern California are shallow, conceited, fulf of it and think they know it all.
3. I was just stating my experience with Newport Beach Porsche.
4. You clearly are from Southern California, my condolences.
1. Based on your posts to this thread, I'm grateful you move back because you're a tool.
2. What does being from the East Coast have to do with your myopic outlook? Moreover, I'm not sure how that supposedly pardons your idiotic statements. My wife is a native NYC girl and her entire family lives on the Eastern Seaboard. I visit NY at least twice a year (I was just there two weeks ago) and I meet a lot of great people (see point 4 below). Fortunately for the rest of us, your closed minded and simplistic approach to complex situations isn't typical of East Coasters that I've met.
3. No you weren't. You typed, and I quote, "The OC are just full of stuck up people.". The OC is clearly not limited to one dealership.
4. I am from Southern California and I'm grateful for that. I have lived in Asia, down South, on the East Coast and I've traveled the world. I've even spent quite a bit of time in your part of the world. Fortunately, I didn't run into too many idiots like you. You give Baltimore and the Eastern seaboard a bad name.

BTW - nice screen name. My guess is that your driving is also reflective of your childish perspectives.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM
justjay202 is infamous around these parts
1. I moved to Orange County for work not by choice
2. I am from the East Coast so pardon me if I think people from Southern California are shallow, conceited, fulf of it and think they know it all.
3. I was just stating my experience with Newport Beach Porsche.
4. You clearly are from Southern California, my condolences.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, let's settle this with a race.

However.. to address ROADRAGE's points..

1. I grew up in Southern Cali. The East Coast has nothing on the weather, the beaches, the babes, and their *****. Oh com'on. Admit it. You could never go back east.

2. OC is easier to type than Orange County.

3. Newport Beach is a snoody place. Fake it 'til you make it there.

4. North OC is much better. But the IE (inland empire) is the place man! Crap load of foreclosed, semi-foreclosed, and about-to-be foreclosed homes. Cows. But what makes it all better .. WALTER'S PORSCHE.

5. If we're all in this area, shouldn't we all be friends?

Rock out with my (o(K out baby!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
996GT3 is infamous around these parts
Talk to Marty at NB Porsche. I've bought Porsches from him(including a 996GT3 and a 997GT3), and he has been very helpful as well as being thoughtful for enviting me to test drive the new 911 at California Speedway on Oct 19. Believe me I too drop by there from time to time just to look and I get the "cold shoulder", but I don't care because I don't want to be bothered.

BTW, I grew up Maryland(Go TERPS, and REDSKINS) and moved out here to the OC and love it.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alantaur
I grew up in the SF Bay Area, and we took ourselves way too seriously up there.
Really, Bay area people took themselves too seriously? I been here a while, I like it here. There are rich stuck up neighborhood for zillionaire, founder of these and that, but I do not live there. There are going to be jerks/nice people no matter where we live. I lived back east for 7 years, I think in general, people here might be more friendly, at the least, more casual. Maybe it is because of the weather... But the Porsche is just as good as as they are back East. ; > Can we all just get along?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
1. Based on your posts to this thread, I'm grateful you move back because you're a tool.
2. What does being from the East Coast have to do with your myopic outlook? Moreover, I'm not sure how that supposedly pardons your idiotic statements. My wife is a native NYC girl and her entire family lives on the Eastern Seaboard. I visit NY at least twice a year (I was just there two weeks ago) and I meet a lot of great people (see point 4 below). Fortunately for the rest of us, your closed minded and simplistic approach to complex situations isn't typical of East Coasters that I've met.
3. No you weren't. You typed, and I quote, "The OC are just full of stuck up people.". The OC is clearly not limited to one dealership.
4. I am from Southern California and I'm grateful for that. I have lived in Asia, down South, on the East Coast and I've traveled the world. I've even spent quite a bit of time in your part of the world. Fortunately, I didn't run into too many idiots like you. You give Baltimore and the Eastern seaboard a bad name.

BTW - nice screen name. My guess is that your driving is also reflective of your childish perspectives.
Da Happa-

Great Post-

I personally am from Chicago and have lived from Pacific Beach (San Diego) to Belmont Shore (Long Beach) over the last 28 years- I have found for me that Orange County is the ultimate place to live- yes there all all kinds of people- but there were in Chi-town as well- I still love Chicago- but I would never move back- the truth is there are fewer people on the West Coast like "Roadrage" than on the East Coast- and that is too bad for them...

Cheers-

SD

Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Liv4SpdJr is infamous around these parts
I wont name names but my father had a deposit on a car for 6 or 7 months, and the dealership kept putting off finding him the car he wanted. he eventually pulled the deposit and told them that they need to work a bit harder for his buisness