997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sea Blue Interior with Stone grey carpet, any one has this combo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Sea Blue Interior with Stone grey carpet, any one has this combo?

I look the order guide, and saw carpet in Deviating color(option 24951, page 39) I am considering Sea Blue interior, but it is too much blue for me if the entire interior is in blue. So I am thinking having all the carpet in stone grey. If anyone on this forum has this combo, I would love to see some close up pics. Or if anyone around the SF bay area have Sea Blue interior, and not mind showing me his/her car, that will be really helpful. Thank you all.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
I would not buy a 911 with the blue interior, unless I was keeping the car forever.

Blue does not do well in the resale department.

My

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Love the sea blue int. Add some deviate stitching, and body color console, it will look perfect.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
08 carrera S is infamous around these parts
I have sea blue with speed yellow. It really does have more of a graphite with a hint of blue in it. I actually thought it was black in the showroom. I really would be skeptical mixing it with grey though.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MelsM3
I would not buy a 911 with the blue interior, unless I was keeping the car forever.

Blue does not do well in the resale department.

My
My current C2s is Grey with grey interior. I am hoping to do something different this time around. I like the new cream white, that has a very retro look. That is why I am thinking Sea Blue. I could go with Sand Beige. But it is really hard to do this till I see what the Cream White looks like in person. I just do not want the entire interior to be one color, so I am thinking carpet in a different color might be the way to go.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by 08 carrera S
I have sea blue with speed yellow. It really does have more of a graphite with a hint of blue in it. I actually thought it was black in the showroom. I really would be skeptical mixing it with grey though.
Yes, I am not sure how the Blue and Grey will work either. I can}t imagine wut my expression might be if I spec something that might not work out... You are in the South? Darn. Your entire interior is blue? It does looks really dark on the tiny swatch. Pictures?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mdc
My current C2s is Grey with grey interior. I am hoping to do something different this time around. I like the new cream white, that has a very retro look. That is why I am thinking Sea Blue. I could go with Sand Beige. But it is really hard to do this till I see what the Cream White looks like in person. I just do not want the entire interior to be one color, so I am thinking carpet in a different color might be the way to go.
The ceam with the sea blue will be extremely difficult to sell.

I have a friend who has a beautifull Artic Silver 996TT- he absolutely could have sold it ten times if the interior was not sea blue.....

Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
Yes, I am not sure how the Blue and Grey will work either. I can}t imagine wut my expression might be if I spec something that might not work out... You are in the South? Darn. Your entire interior is blue? It does looks really dark on the tiny swatch. Pictures?
I live in north orange county and my factory is in chino. If you are close and havent seen the blue I would be happy to have you take a look or meet up with you when I am out and about. I am just not sure if pics would do it justice. This is my second yellow/blue combo. I had a 360 Modena in the same and it was an awesome look.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
mdc
I live in north orange county and my factory is in chino. If you are close and havent seen the blue I would be happy to have you take a look or meet up with you when I am out and about. I am just not sure if pics would do it justice. This is my second yellow/blue combo. I had a 360 Modena in the same and it was an awesome look.
I am up North ; <, so I will have to go by pictures....

Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
The ceam with the sea blue will be extremely difficult to sell.

I have a friend who has a beautifull Artic Silver 996TT- he absolutely could have sold it ten times if the interior was not sea blue.....
my original plan was white and black/grey two tone.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I will try to get you a few that are as representative of the true color as possible. If you can PM me your email I will send them off to you.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM
mdc
I will try to get you a few that are as representative of the true color as possible. If you can PM me your email I will send them off to you.
Thanks, PM sent. Looking forward to the pics!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Brisbane is infamous around these parts
I have sea blue full leather with arctic silver. I think it's a beautiful color; have gotten lots of compliments and disagree strongly that it would retract from resale value. If I could have gotten deviating stitching it would have been even nicer.

I suspect it would work well with stone grey. A high q Porsche dealer should have adequately sized swatches for you to compare- Rockville PA (a sponsor but a very small dealership) has them.

My older Porsche (a 993) has a metropol blue with the light classic grey two tone interior. While different from the sea blue it's a beautiful combination and shows how well blue and grey can work together. Plenty of folks have offered to buy that car- and love the interior.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Vlar is infamous around these parts
sea blue

to each his own but my seal "S" with sea blue (standard) is a beautiful combo and more unique than the ubiquitous black or grey interior commonly matched with. Not one other P car owner has ever been other than 100% positive on the sea blue--much "livelier" than the old Metrol blue IMHO. V