997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer "wrote me up" for my 20's... hilarious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I cant believe BH is not a Mod friendly dealer...

you can bring it over here in the bay area..LOL

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Big_O is infamous around these parts
Glad you won that one.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:02 PM
wild121 is infamous around these parts
That is pretty funny

Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Kurt,

It's out of your way, but I suggest LA Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills for warranty work. After researching Ind repair shops & dealers for months, I found Mike Schatz (Schatz Motorsport). He then referred me to his son, Chris Schatz (Tech) at LAAG.

Last edited by jmla; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Took my pcar in to BH dealer today for some warranty work-
Service manager actually wrote me up for having "oversize tires" on my car, meaning this fact is now noted in my car history.
Told me that "any reported rattles and squeaks will not be covered under warranty due to the larger wheels".

Is that a crock or what?
Love to hear that from a litigation stand point! Ignore it.

A friend in August purchased a demo 08 TT from Rector Porsche Audi. It was Jim Rector's personal car.

He had 20" HRE's on it and sold them with the car to my friend.

Ignore what was told to you and realize none of your rights has been violated.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 PM
allstardos is infamous around these parts
Thx for all the advice guys. . . the search begins. __________________
2007 IB M6
2008 ML 63 AMG

*gone but not forgotten*
2004 Tiag E46 M3
2008 Jeep SRT 8

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Guess what??!!??
I picked up my pcar today and prevailed on the issue!!

I asked the service manager what the deal is, specifically with 20's and warranty. After he could not give me a good straight answer, I hit him with the fact that a Teamspeed forum member had just purchased a BRAND NEW 09 turbo direct from Newport Beach dealer with TA 20's! The 20's came with the car as it sat on the showroom floor.
Given this, it is not a problem with warranty.
I invited him to call the other dealership and verify if he didn't believe me.

At that point he gave up on the issue and removed the reference from my car's record in the computer. No more "Rap sheet" for my pcar!
I think that they have been somewhat reticent on the size of the wheels because Paris Hilton has 22's on her GT-2 and she keeps bringing it back to Beverly Hills Porsche because she cannot comfortably put her make up on with PSAM on /with the 22's- they are tired of dealing with CRA* like this so they put a limit on the wheel size.

My neighbor's friend is a Service Advisor up there and let me know the skinny on this- so to speak...

Old 10-18-2008, 12:29 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
I think that they have been somewhat reticent on the size of the wheels because Paris Hilton has 22's on her GT-2 and she keeps bringing it back to Beverly Hills Porsche because she cannot comfortably put her make up on with PSAM on /with the 22's- they are tired of dealing with CRA* like this so they put a limit on the wheel size.

My neighbor's friend is a Service Advisor up there and let me know the skinny on this- so to speak...
Two questions

WTF is Paris Hilton doing with a GT2?

Who would put 22's on GT2?

It is sad a car like that is exposed to people that can't appreciate it.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
dealer mod friendly = dealer makes money on mod.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:49 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmla
Kurt,

It's out of your way, but I suggest LA Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills for warranty work. After researching repair shops & dealers for months, I found Mike Schatz (Schatz Motorsport). He then referred me to his son, Chris Schatz (Tech) at LAAG.
Thanks for the tip, I've been over there a couple times to look at cars in the past.

Gcalo- True true... I guarantee you that when I left the dealership, I wasn't the one feeling "violated".. LOL

Old 10-18-2008, 08:50 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute

... what is the world coming to...

Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Kero is infamous around these parts
glad you got that cleared up

Old 10-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Two questions

WTF is Paris Hilton doing with a GT2?

Who would put 22's on GT2?

It is sad a car like that is exposed to people that can't appreciate it.
It was my poor attempt at HUMOR- I thought the MAKE UP would give it away....

Anyway... who actually goes to Beverly Hills Porsche was my point....

Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 AM
It was my poor attempt at HUMOR- I thought the MAKE UP would give it away....

Anyway... who actually goes to Beverly Hills Porsche was my point....

guilty!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Famine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adhood
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the Magnusson Moss Act protect you from a dealer denying a warranty claim.
Pretty much correct. Under the Magnusson-Moss Act, the dealership would have to prove that an aftermarket part actually necessitated warranty work. For example, they would have to prove that 20" wheels changed the car's suspension geometry enough to make a suspension component fail.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer "wrote me up" for my 20's... hilarious