997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AWE mufflers and broken baffles...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MartinJF
Great to see AWE offering up a solution. I want to upgrade the headers and CATs on my car over the winter (and when funds allow) and I like the feedback and responses from AWE on this board.

IMO I think they are the best.......I purchased some used cans and Mike was great. When u said he made no offer I ? it. I figured he was weighing his options and would help in some way. Thumbs up Mike
Jim

Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
kudos to Mike @AWE for stepping up.
In times like these, when the economy sucks and people are spending less, that is where the cream rises to the top. We want top customer support and service. We don't want to bend over backward in order to get a solution... or else, we move to the next company willing to do so.
joel

Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Great Job Stepping up on this one Mike.

Now if we can only find a way to do the same thing for my cats! Same situation as Dave, bought second hand and not working properly after 9 months in my car.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Great Job Stepping up on this one Mike.

Now if we can only find a way to do the same thing for my cats! Same situation as Dave, bought second hand and not working properly after 9 months in my car.
Are they HJS???? If so, you should not be having problems. They will have that stamped on them.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Are they HJS???? If so, you should not be having problems. They will have that stamped on them.
I don't think they are, I sent you the serial number that was on the cats.

Don't worry about it Mike, the problem comes and goes. I am thinking of getting a laptop and the Durametric software to clear the codes. My car is faster then a buddies X51 car, and I really don't feel like switching things on the car right now.

Ed

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I don't think they are, I sent you the serial number that was on the cats.

Don't worry about it Mike, the problem comes and goes. I am thinking of getting a laptop and the Durametric software to clear the codes. My car is faster then a buddies X51 car, and I really don't feel like switching things on the car right now.

Ed
Ed, the HJS cats have it stamped on them. If you don't see them you are probably right they aren't the HJS.

Ed check this out..

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...Extension.html

If you are going to go with the software, I would do these..

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...-370mm%29.html

Just weld those babies in...

Dave

Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks Dave, I think the extensions might do the trick. I will talk to my shop tomorrow.

Ed

Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Hello,

Just want clear things up here.

Yes, as stated on our site and in the paperwork, our warranty is for the original purchaser only. This is standard in our industry as well as many others. I ask you all to visit the warranty pages of some of our competitors and other aftermarket companies. This is nothing new. It has also come up before.

By purchasing from us directly, or one of our authorized dealers, you are not just buying product, but you are also purchasing before, during, and aftersale support on that product!

We had asked Dave for pictures to be sent to us so we could review the problem. Mostly because I wanted to see if there was any other obvious damage that would have caused the failure.

Dave, after reviewing the pictures I am afraid that you are probably going to run into this same problem again.

I would like the chance to update these mufflers for a small fee. We are now pinning the mufflers to keep things like this from happening. I have explained this all in a previous thread.

See here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ust-welds.html

One of the benefits of purchasing from us is that we do all of our manufacturing on site. We can change things on the fly if a problem arises. That is what happened in this case. We had some isolated issues and have handled it. Our new design is problem free.
I'm sure this won't be a popular response here but...

I personally think AWE is going way above and beyond. Their warranty is very clear and they had no obligation to do anything here. I think you guys griping that AWE didn't do more before aren't being fair. AWE is s for profit business after all.

Be that as it may... good on them for stepping up and making this offer to the OP. I hope it all works out and that those of you who posted that you wouldn't buy from AWE earlier will now post up that you'll reconsider that decision.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I don't think AWE would have to warranty but i think they should definitely give him their cost on fixing it or something to make it right, which they did. I have AWE cats and tips and the reason I chose them over others was based exclusively on the posts I've read here. They really stand by their products which is really tough to find in the tuning industry.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I'm sure this won't be a popular response here but...

I personally think AWE is going way above and beyond. Their warranty is very clear and they had no obligation to do anything here. I think you guys griping that AWE didn't do more before aren't being fair. AWE is s for profit business after all.

Be that as it may... good on them for stepping up and making this offer to the OP. I hope it all works out and that those of you who posted that you wouldn't buy from AWE earlier will now post up that you'll reconsider that decision.
I totally agree with you on the fact that they are doing something that wasn't "obligated", but i think the initial reply that Dave recieved("The orginal purchaser is paying for before, during, and aftersale support. Warranty is not transferrable. This is standard in our industry. This is even stated in our warranty paperwork sent with each exhaust.") was basically a "get lost" in a nutshell. I'm not here to tell how AWE or anyone should run their business, but i think taking some time to satisfy the customer, which he is, and doing something about a faulty product they technically sold him says a lot.

I'm pleased with the response and the willingness to help that AWE is offering him now, it just makes me wonder if they still would have if this thread wasn't brought to the attention of others.

Either way, i hear great things about AWE products, so im not here to bash on anyone, just stating what i thought. Glad things worked out

Old 10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basalt997
I totally agree with you on the fact that they are doing something that wasn't "obligated", but i think the initial reply that Dave recieved("The orginal purchaser is paying for before, during, and aftersale support. Warranty is not transferrable. This is standard in our industry. This is even stated in our warranty paperwork sent with each exhaust.") was basically a "get lost" in a nutshell. I'm not here to tell how AWE or anyone should run their business, but i think taking some time to satisfy the customer, which he is, and doing something about a faulty product they technically sold him says a lot.

I'm pleased with the response and the willingness to help that AWE is offering him now, it just makes me wonder if they still would have if this thread wasn't brought to the attention of others.

Either way, i hear great things about AWE products, so im not here to bash on anyone, just stating what i thought. Glad things worked out
That was just one line from a conversation over email. We had further discussed getting pictures so we could see the issue. That statement was not a final response to him. Hope that helps.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Mike to be honest..I took your email response as final. I do wonder if I didn't start this thread would you have offered to fix the muffler for a small fee. Maybe you were busy and you didn't have time for a more full response but I did take your email as a final response, hence my post.

Which shows how much power I thought these boards yield when it comes to vendors.

I am waiting to get the time to take them off again to get them to you but I would like to have them done.

Dave

Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Where on the cat would the letters HJS be stamped? Would it be near the serial number?