997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S Shipping, Buying & Price Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 AM
smiler51 is infamous around these parts
997S Shipping, Buying & Price Questions

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy a used 2006 997S with 6sp manual transmission & less then 25,000 miles. I don't care too much about the options but would like brown or dark red interior and outside color should be Black/White or Silver which isn't too important to me though.

I will buy this car in the US and then ship it to the United Arab Emirates (Dubai or Sharjah). I will of course have an PPI done before buying and maybe let a friend check it out or fly to the US myself, so i won't get a lemon.

I have several question that i couldn't find answers for when searching through this forum and rennlist forum.

If any of you have exported cars, which is the best company to deal with? So far i have narrowed my search down to DasAutoShippers and Export Shipping Company (EXShip). Which way should the car be shipped... Ro/Ro or container?
There is also a sponsor banner here for ExportTrader. I checked their fixed price listings, but they seemed very high. Anyone used them for live auctions?

With the bad economy at the moment, what is a good price I should offer someone for a 2006 997S with less then 25000 miles? Should be less then US$ 60,000. Can someone maybe give me some of the Manheim auction prices?

Will the original Porsche or a CPO warranty be valid overseas?

I would be very thankful for any tips you can further give me in exporting buying a 997S.

Appreciate the help!!

Smiler51

Last edited by smiler51; 10-20-2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
C'mon guys. I would really appreciate the help... :-)

Old 10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to give you answers to your questions, but my only suggestion would be to check out some of the cars for sale in the "for sale section on this forum". Reason is some of them are actually really well modded, great condition, and well taken care of by meticulous car lovers. If you look closely I'm sure youll find what your looking for.
Hope that helps
Danny

Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
The Warranty will not work outside of Canada or USA, it is carried by PCNA, not the factory.

I would think that there will be a lot of cars coming available soon, you could buy one from a Porsche Dealer if you want a little more confidence in your purchase.

Good Luck.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Sent you a PM to a guy off of the NSX site I belong too as well.He brought a car over to Dubai if I am not mistaken,anyway details in your PM.

Stacy

Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks guys.

I guess I'm out of luck with the warranty. Was really hoping that it is valid because you can only get spare parts from the Porsche Dealer in the UAE, and they are expensive.
I also looked in the for sale section of the site, but car enthusiasts never let their cars go cheap ;-)

@Stacy
Thanks, will contact that person soon.

Do you guys know of anyone that has used the site sponsor "Export Trader" to buy cars directly from the Manheim Auctions online via proxy bids?

Take Care!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:25 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I can help you to get the car you want and have it shipped to Dubai. I have done that several times and will be more than happy to help you

Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Hi Abdullah,

thank you very much. Is the email in your signature correct?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
buy my car. :-)

Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
buy my car. :-)
Sorry bro, a 2008 will be too expensive for me ;-)

Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smiler51
Sorry bro, a 2008 will be too expensive for me ;-)
isn't the prices in GCC is cheaper than US. If you are interested in GCC car I might be able to get you one.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
isn't the prices in GCC is cheaper than US. If you are interested in GCC car I might be able to get you one.
I think that new GCC spec cars from the dealer are cheaper than the cars in the US. I find the used US cars much cheaper than the GCC ones though and more importantly much better maintained.

If you know of any nice 997S 6speed for a good price, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by smiler51
I think that new GCC spec cars from the dealer are cheaper than the cars in the US. I find the used US cars much cheaper than the GCC ones though and more importantly much better maintained.

If you know of any nice 997S 6speed for a good price, please let me know.

Thanks!
friend of mine has gray 997S speed with PSE. I'll check out if he wants to sell his

Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
friend of mine has gray 997S speed with PSE. I'll check out if he wants to sell his
Thanks. Please let me know the price and condition of the car.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
2006 gray/black 28000km 6speed. interested ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997S Shipping, Buying & Price Questions