997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Carrera S with PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, enjoy it in good health

Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
looks great! congrats

Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
nice!

Beautiful ride!

I must agree about Sport Exhaust - I love the option of hearing it roar more when I want to.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Anne congratz on the car. Have a question. Does your car make a loose screw noise at the beginning of every gear change? Especially when the rpm is very low and you just lightly apply the throttle? I ask because I am facing this problem and I don't know if this is normal. Going to take the car in for another check after I put more miles on it. The tech guy told me to drive the car more and then come back if it doesnt go away. Let me know thanks.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Anne is infamous around these parts
Hi Porsche Boy,

No, I dont have a problem simular to yours. I have even listened specially for this after reading about your problem here, but there is nothing. Incredibly smooth and absolutely no noise. But my car was a demo car before I bought it from the dealer, it now has 6000 km on the clock. So I dont know if it sounded different in the beginning.
Good luck with your problem.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Hi Anne. Looks amazing.
I just came back from the Canada Launch and drove these for a day.
It is so much faster than my current 997. I have a new S on order with the Sport Chrono Plus and I was wondering if the Sport PASM with the lowering is standard when you order the S with Chrono etc.
I didnt see that option when I ordered it. Also do your mirrors automatically drop down when you put it in Reverse. I drove it on a autocross course and the car was truly amazing. I tried to order the sport exhaust but they said it would hold up my order by 2 months. I dont know if i can wait ....any thoughts.
Thanks
Lockie

Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
Sport PASM must be ordered separately and....

automatic tipping of rear view mirror when in reverse is standard when ordering power seats.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Anne
Hi Porsche Boy,

No, I dont have a problem simular to yours. I have even listened specially for this after reading about your problem here, but there is nothing. Incredibly smooth and absolutely no noise. But my car was a demo car before I bought it from the dealer, it now has 6000 km on the clock. So I dont know if it sounded different in the beginning.
Good luck with your problem.

Well thanks for the feedback and congratz again

Old 10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, how do you like the Dynamic cornering lights? I think that is a nice little detail. I only seen it in picture so far, none of the launch car I saw in the US has that option.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Lockie. Dave in Oregon is right. PASM (P17, Sports suspenion (-20mm) incl. rear axel-differential lock) has to be ordered separately. Both the PASM and the Sport Chrono package Plus is a *must* on this car.
I haven't noticed anything with the rear view mirror when in reverse. But the side mirrors drop down when in reverse and the switch is on the right mirror.

Dave: Is power seats the same as adaptive sports seats?

mdc: I love the dynamic cornering lights. Where I live there is very little daytime light in the winter and the winter is long, and these lights really help for a good vision.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
Adaptive seats are powered and will work with tilting...

...side mirrors when reverse is selected, same as power comfort seats. In my post, I was referring to side mirrors tilting down and NOT the rear view mirror. Hope this clarifies things a bit, Anne. BTW I am in love with your car ! What a beauty ! Love the color and all of the options it has. I have not driven the PDK and up till now have been a diehard 6-speed shifter. I will consider this option along with the Sport Chrono option on my next car. Has it been difficult to adjust from a manual transmission to PDK for you ?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Dave, I thought you ment that. Just different expressions and wanted to be sure I didn't understand you wrong.
Thanks about the car, I'm learning to love it more and more. I was also very sceptical about the PDK as I ment this kind of car should have a manual stick like my Cayman had. But its great. I haven't had the chance to take it to the track yet, but I'm positive and think it will work out good there too. And as it is my DD and used in heavy traffic going to work it's very comfortable.

aaronchanfilms: I tried to reply to your PM, but I need to have 15 posts before I can reply to PM's. But yes, I do have the watch. Use it every day and love it. Here is a picture of it: http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-con...sterday-3.html

I also need 10 posts before I can see pictures and links in signatures. Why is that?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
welcome, enjoy your stay....

Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Anne
The car is ver well equipped; Adaptive sports seats with driver memory, PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm) with limited slip re, Sport Chrono Package Plus + PDK, ParkAssist (parking aid rear), Cruise control, Dynamic cornering lights, Extended navigation module, BOSEŽ Surround Sound System, Aut. dimming int.+ ext.mirrors and rain sensor, Door entry guards Carbon illuminated, Electric slide/tilt sunroof, Heated seats and steering, Telephone module and audio interface, and all the leather and carbon you can get inside.
I like the sound in the engine, but I think that if it wa possible I would choose Sport Exhaust. I loved the sports exhaust on the Cayman.
Well, thats it for now. Here is a picture of the car when I picked it up.
Very nice options and GT Silver is a great color. Its exactly how I would've ordered it.

Out of interest what are the options that were extra and what came standard on the car? For all 997.2s in Australia, you get smooth leather sport steering wheels, ParkAssist (parking aid rear), Cruise control, PCM/Nav, BOSEŽ Surround Sound System, Aut. dimming int.+ ext.mirrors and rain sensor, Electric slide/tilt sunroof as standard equipments.

By the way, do you have any pics of the interior? Would like to see all the leather and carbon...

Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Welcome, what a perfectly optioned car. Love the color Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Carrera S with PDK