997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Carrera S with PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Anne is infamous around these parts
Smile New Carrera S with PDK

Hi,
I used to hang out mostly at the Cayman club (besides the Norwegian Porsche club forum), but as I now have changed to 997 it's natural to find a new place to get information and chat with other owners of this terrific car.

I got my 997 Carrera S with PDK on friday, and so far I'm very happy about the car. The power in the car is amazing. And with the Sport Plus button pressed it goes crazy. The transmission is very fast and smooth, and it seems as the timing of the shifting is perfect. I never feel that its too slow or too early.
I haven't tried it at the track yet, the winter is just around the corner here so the trackdays aren't that many now. With the laptimes I have seen that this car does around Nurburgring it must be good on tracks and I have high expectations, but I'll have to wait to get my own experience with the car on the track. Specially curious about the PDK on track, I'm used to shifting myself.
The Cayman had a wonderful balance, but this car also feels nice and steady, maybe not as light as the Cayman in some situations.

The car is ver well equipped; Adaptive sports seats with driver memory, PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm) with limited slip re, Sport Chrono Package Plus + PDK, ParkAssist (parking aid rear), Cruise control, Dynamic cornering lights, Extended navigation module, BOSEŽ Surround Sound System, Aut. dimming int.+ ext.mirrors and rain sensor, Door entry guards Carbon illuminated, Electric slide/tilt sunroof, Heated seats and steering, Telephone module and audio interface, and all the leather and carbon you can get inside.
I like the sound in the engine, but I think that if it wa possible I would choose Sport Exhaust. I loved the sports exhaust on the Cayman.
Well, thats it for now. Here is a picture of the car when I picked it up.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 PM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
Very Nice!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6 speed.

I love the ROW ride height. lowered suspension covered by warranty, what a great concept for a Porsche.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car! Welcome!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! You will love the adaptive sport seats.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
cool..best of luck

Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Welcome!

Very nice car/option list!

Good Luck!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!
Great ride! Welcome to 6 speed!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Looks great! Congrats and enjoy!

Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Wow! Great car. Awesome looking car. Congrats mate and good luck to your ride.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Banned
ecwin is infamous around these partsecwin is infamous around these partsecwin is infamous around these partsecwin is infamous around these parts
congrat, sweet ride, I may be getting the same next year when my 997S lease ended

Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Anne is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:09 AM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
looks great man

Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 AM
sultan is infamous around these parts
Very nice car

Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
otisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to behold
Anne, we'll miss you at the Cayman Club! Must agree, the -20mm sports suspension height looks great!

Last edited by otisdog; 10-23-2008 at 10:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Carrera S with PDK