997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

to supercharge a 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
rjh58 is infamous around these parts
to supercharge a 997?

anyone supercharged a 997 regular?

any other speed enhancing mods or should I try for an S?

Rob

Old 10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
pretty much all the info you need is here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-sc-build.html

also, search in your friend

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
ive looked at the site but is it worthwhile or better to get an s?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
If you supercharge your 997, you will have a LOT more horsepower than if you upgraded to a 997 S.

We carry VF Engineering and the non-S kit has been very successful. Stock driveability & excellent power. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by RedlineMotrwrks
If you supercharge your 997, you will have a LOT more horsepower than if you upgraded to a 997 S.

We carry VF Engineering and the non-S kit has been very successful. Stock driveability & excellent power. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
PM me OTD installed price on a non-S please

where are you located ?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
i too would appreciate a pm re the above info as well

Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
Your questions seem to indicate that you do not have much knowledge of installing a supercharger on a 997. Please do a search on this forum and rennlist for extensive threads on this issue.

There are three systems commonly available at this time: RUF, VF and TPC. RUF's system is priced in the stratosphere, with VF(previously EVO) and TPC more reasonable in cost. VF is by far the most popular and is reputed to be bulletproof.

Figure on a minimum of $15K for VF or TPC, installed and perhaps a heavy duty clutch also($2K). Your warranty will be gone and expect little to no increase in used car sale price.

Performance improvements are said to be dramatic. A full exhaust system will add even more. If you are going to keep the car long term and it is already paid off, $15 to 20K can give supercar performance.

Practically speaking, figure that the money is thrown away and you will never see anything for it on resale. If you don't have experience in modifying a Porsche at this cost level, don't even consider it.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with most of what Michael said, other than the last line. I never owned a Porsche before. I bought an S in '06 and bought the supercharger (VF) the same day. Waited my 2k miles for break in, then on it went. It's been wonderful. VF really stands behind their stuff (they were standing behind it under the Evo MS label too). I now have 26k miles on my car, and it's been perfect. VF is awesome. No need to scare away from this kit. Also, I disagree on the resale front. I have been offered some hefty prices for my car, but I don't want to sell. I don't know if this is because of the supercharger or the other hundred grand in mods I have in the car, but it's not been a total loss, that's for sure.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
PM's sent to those who have requested it.

I like reading the positive VF experiences.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 PM
thanks
appreciate the info

Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
It is a well known fact that options on a Porsche will not produce much increase in resale values over that of a base car. Missing desired options often mean reduced price. Aftermarket modifications have a resale value that is near zero.

If you are not going to keep the car long term, don't do it.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MichaelL
It is a well known fact that options on a Porsche will not produce much increase in resale values over that of a base car. Missing desired options often mean reduced price. Aftermarket modifications have a resale value that is near zero.

To a certain degree yes. I.e.- headers, intake, exhaust, etc may not increase the value of your car by much if at all but these are little $1,000 here and there mods. SC'ng the car (although voiding the warranty) is a whole different ballgame. Just my opinion after researching the used 997 market before buying mine.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Do the SC - loads of power........... I did the TPC kit about a year ago and car is a daily driver..

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Luc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the rough
I'm a new member. Just thought wanted to say hi.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelL

well the upside to the SC is that you can remove the kit, return the car to stock and sell the SC kit for a good price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: to supercharge a 997?