997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GMG's new 997 Exhaust. I've got it. It's my 4th exhaust, and it will be my last!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
sshjd is infamous around these parts
I noticed that Fabryce/GMG list Milltek Sport exhaust on the website pricing list. Haven't seen any comments about that system from any fellow 6speeders. I have it on my '07 997S cab and am really pleased with it. It's an English product, seems well-constructed and has a wonderful sound. A bit pricey, but the headers, 200 cell cats and "silencers" as they are called in Great Britain are very nice. I also sent the headers down to Florida to Bill Bentow at Fuzion Coatings; he did a great job and does any other exhaust parts including tips. Some of his best looking tips are the black ceramic coated ones. I agree that bling is lost underneath; better to be more functional by addressing heat soak with nice black or charcoal ceramic coating.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:27 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with you on every point. I had Milltek on my Audi S4, and it was amazing sounding. Also, Fabryce had my GMG exhaust thermal coated and it's the best looking exhaust coating I've ever seen.

Here's a pic of it being installed at Fabryce's shop.

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust2.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  130.7 KB

Old 12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Is the exhaust flow connected like in a X pipe on this exhaust where the GMG logo plate is?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Is the exhaust flow connected like in a X pipe on this exhaust where the GMG logo plate is?
Yep. And be sure to note that this isn't just before the tips. It just looks like that.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:24 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Yep. And be sure to note that this isn't just before the tips. It just looks like that.
Yeah, I was looking closely and following the pipe and thought I saw an X pipe config up to the mufflers then out to the tips.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful workmanship.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 AM
AHI
AHI is infamous around these parts
Absolutely breathtaking...

Old 12-20-2008, 01:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I agree with you on every point. I had Milltek on my Audi S4, and it was amazing sounding.
Jared, I too was an Audi S4 owner, had a B5 and a B6. I had the Milltek Non Res Cat Back on my B6. What did you have? Did you spend time on Audiworld?

Ed

Old 12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
sshjd: Re milltec: early this year I placed an order thru Vivid and waited and waited and waited.....never materialized. Vivid did their part afaik but distribitor in NY never came thru.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Jared, I too was an Audi S4 owner, had a B5 and a B6. I had the Milltek Non Res Cat Back on my B6. What did you have? Did you spend time on Audiworld?

Ed
Yeah man. I was on Audiworld and Audizine. I wear the shirts around still. Mine was an '04 B6. I didn't do anything but the exhaust. It sounded amazing though.

Name:  S4exterior.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  S4interior.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  30.2 KB

Old 12-20-2008, 03:10 PM
sshjd is infamous around these parts
Gpjli, truth be known, I had issues with obtaining the olive clamps. Took a lot of time (about three months!), calls to England (to a rather crusty fella) and finally got them through Strat in CT (and pricey!!!) I was quite frustrated, but, once installed, the sound and performance are good.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Yeah man. I was on Audiworld and Audizine. I wear the shirts around still. Mine was an '04 B6. I didn't do anything but the exhaust. It sounded amazing though.

Too funny, what was your audiworld name? I am sure we had conversed on that forum!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Big_O is infamous around these parts
I've tried some after-market exhausts and they were too loud in the cabin for "normal" driving. The drones are very annoying and extremely loud at certain RPM's. The noise is not safe to put children in the back seat for driving around town.

Anyway to get a Decibel meter comparison from a stock vehicle at various speeds and/or RPM's then a DB reading from the GMG?

I'd consider getting one if it was "close to stock" sounding at idle and through the RPM range until you stepped on the pedal to open it up.

If anybody could develop an exhaust that was close to PSE or slightly louder than stock with some HP boost, they will have my business.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I'd say, since you live in SoCal, go by GMG and listen to the yellow car they have there.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Too funny, what was your audiworld name? I am sure we had conversed on that forum!
I was "B6 S4 is BRZRKR"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMG's new 997 Exhaust. I've got it. It's my 4th exhaust, and it will be my last!