997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GMG's new 997 Exhaust. I've got it. It's my 4th exhaust, and it will be my last!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
GMG's new 997 Exhaust. I've got it. It's my 4th exhaust, and it will be my last!

Guys,

My car and I were in LA this past week, so we of course swing by Santa Ana and see Fabryce and the crew at GMG. I had talked to Fabryce about his center exit exhaust for the 997S for street/track use, and I had give it a try. I previously had a race car only exhaust, and it just couldn't be driven without a helmet on. It was that loud. (If anyone wants a SUPER light, high flowing exhaust for a track only car, PM me).

Anyway, I end up having an exhaust with the plate "Proto001" installed on my car. Knowing that I'm all about the blacked out look, Fab had it all thermal coated, which is an awesome option to offer and looks amazing. Wherever he gets this done, the whole exhaust, all the welds, all the bends, everything... it's perfect. I'm so impressed.

Fab somehow was able to assure me that the exhaust would be civil at freeway speeds in 6th gear, but would uncork and scream when you open up the throttle body. How he could know this, when Proto001 is on my car, I had no idea and still don't. But he was exactly right. This exhaust is the best looking, best sounding exhaust that I have ever seen on these cars. Fitment is perfect, as some other kits that I've had are as well. But the sound...

Trust me on the sound. Trust me that it doesn't drone unless you just hold the throttle at some weird point like 3400rpm and just sit there. Who does that? In other words, it's wonderful. It can be quiet. It can scream. I met up with some other guys, having driven up PCH from LA to San Fran, and everyone that saw and heard it loved it.

I think they take a while to build, and I have to assume he has no stock. Mine was the development one. He's also offering a total package of the rear bumper in carbon kevlar with the exhaust. I have that too. You'll see in my pics that my bumper wasn't prepped well and was painted way too thin. That's my fault on my end, but it fits amazingly well, is light, and is really cool to look at the inside of.

My hat's off to Fabryce and James and the crew. They didn't ask me to do this, but this is Porsche OEM quality and I had to share. My car arrives back in North Carolina in a week. I'll get some sound bits up then. I think Fab shot some, but I don't know how they turned out. Maybe he'll throw it up here.

Pics!

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust2.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust6.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust20.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  108.2 KB

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust19.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  997SCenterExitexhaust21.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  146.1 KB

I also had to just throw a pic in of their shop. If you haven't been there, go there. It's a car guy's dream, and you can eat off the floor. That's my car up in the air on the right.

Name:  GMG.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  88.5 KB

Thanks to all of you guys!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looks great Jared. Thanks for the pictures.

I know what you mean about loud, Jellybone has the same Synergy Exhaust that you had on your car. I was behind him on the track, and the sound was very loud in my car.

Ed

Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. That exhaust is so light too. It's just straight! No cats, no 'going up into the wheel wells'. It's a race exhaust. It'll vibrate your eyeballs, but it's fast, and it's good to lighten the back of these cars up as much as possible.

But it's NOT a street exhaust, for sure!

Thanks for the props, too, Ed.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Jared

Glad you are enjoying your new exhaust.. It took a while to develop the sound and get it where we wanted it.

This exhaust will be modular so if you have one of our 997 WC systems with quad tips you will be able to purchase this system for your car with the standard bumper, should you later choose to update your car to the GT3 rear bumper you will be able to purchase the center exit parts and simply bolt them on. No need to purchase a completely NEW system.

Here is a link to more info on the system.

http://gmgracing.com/porsche_exhaust.shtml

Here is a YOUTUBE link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxGxYz4nMA

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 10-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 PM
WHITE S is infamous around these parts
So The Price On Your Website Is For The Complete Exhaust Right?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey Jarod, it was great to meet you and hats off to you... You have what is undoubtably the sickest modded 997 one could have!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:37 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW, bada$$ man looks great!!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:37 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
AMAZING, I want one!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey Jarod, it was great to meet you and hats off to you... You have what is undoubtably the sickest modded 997 one could have!
Alex,

It was wonderful to meet you. I was going to make another post about all the goings on in NorCal, as soon as I get PS approval. But I was so happy that you and James (also absolutely a great dude) would come down and meet me and pick up that insane ride you built. I'll be shouting from the rooftops of how well you can make one of those go as soon as the greenlight is given. In the meantime, I can say generally to all you guys that Sharky and James know how to make a car drive way better than the sum of its parts. I had one of their project cars for 3 days of REAL driving, and it didn't make sense how good it was. Part of having an amazing car is the modifications. The other part, which is at least equal in importance, is the modifier.

Oh, and I think that's the highest compliment I've ever been given on my car, especially considering who's saying it...

You Cali guys have it made. GMG, Sharkwerks, S-Car-Go (which isn't active on this forum but are a phenomenal 911 ONLY race/street/fabrication shop in the Bay Area) are all like daydream shops to me. In North Carolina, I drive 4 and a half hours to Synergy Racing in Virginia, which is almost a bit of overkill because they are so badass and very race car focused.

But that's ok. I like overkill. My car, thusly, is essentially a race car that's still somehow street legal.

I'll make a different post of my experience with S-Car-Go, as well as Coffee and Cars with GMG last Saturday.

Last edited by blakt out; 10-24-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by v35
WOW, bada$$ man looks great!!
Thanks Aaron! Another big compliment, coming from Mr. SickStyle himself. Wow. You two are going to make me blush!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know if you all can see it, but behind the GMG plate on the exhaust, they have made an X cross section to balance it all out. It sounds amazing. I think it's something that the GMG crew is doing on all of their exhausts now. I'm assuming that, actually. But it WAS how they have designed their Carrera GT one, which I saw them install and heard start up. That MIGHT have been the sickest sounding internal combustion engine I've ever heard...

Old 10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Alex,

It was wonderful to meet you. I was going to make another post about all the goings on in NorCal, as soon as I get PS approval. But I was so happy that you and James (also absolutely a great dude) would come down and meet me and pick up that insane ride you built. I'll be shouting from the rooftops of how well you can make one of those go as soon as the greenlight is given. In the meantime, I can say generally to all you guys that Sharky and James know how to make a car drive way better than the sum of its parts. I had one of their project cars for 3 days of REAL driving, and it didn't make sense how good it was. Part of having an amazing car is the modifications. The other part, which is at least equal in importance, is the modifier.

Oh, and I think that's the highest compliment I've ever been given on my car, especially considering who's saying it...

You Cali guys have it made. GMG, Sharkwerks, S-Car-Go (which isn't active on this forum but are a phenomenal 911 ONLY race/street/fabrication shop in the Bay Area) are all like daydream shops to me. In North Carolina, I drive 4 and a half hours to Synergy Racing in Virginia, which is almost a bit of overkill because they are so badass and very race car focused.

But that's ok. I like overkill. My car, thusly, is essentially a race car that's still somehow street legal.

I'll make a different post of my experience with S-Car-Go, as well as Coffee and Cars with GMG last Saturday.
Hey Jarod, seriously thanks ever so much for saying that and trying it out. It's sadly rare for cars to get tested like that... I only wish I could have come with you folks but you have to promise to come back out this way for round 2! James

Race car _with_ subs That was my favorite line of the day

PS I was at the gas station filling up and then you and Pete wizzed by and I just knew.... I know it took a lot of effort, time, ***** and $ to get there but the finished article can only be called an amazing success and hats off to Synergy Racing and all the folks involved!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
James, I don't think any car magazine tests cars like they do. I mean, wow. That's what we really need to know. Not all the other standardized tests that we've come to care too much about.

Everyone, if you don't subscribe to Excellence, you should. They really, really test cars. I mean, REALLY test them more than you probably would ever imagine. I read 4 entire issues on the way home yesterday, and they tell you like it is. If it sucks, they tell you. If it rattles, they tell you. But, if it's magic, they tell you in a way that puts you in the seat. I truly believe that, though if not in beauty, Excellence is the only American competition we have with England's EVO magazine in the form of pure and honest automotive journalism... although they are Porsche specific, which ain't a bad thing.

Rock on.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
James, I don't think any car magazine tests cars like they do. I mean, wow. That's what we really need to know. Not all the other standardized tests that we've come to care too much about.

Everyone, if you don't subscribe to Excellence, you should. They really, really test cars. I mean, REALLY test them more than you probably would ever imagine. I read 4 entire issues on the way home yesterday, and they tell you like it is. If it sucks, they tell you. If it rattles, they tell you. But, if it's magic, they tell you in a way that puts you in the seat. I truly believe that, though if not in beauty, Excellence is the only American competition we have with England's EVO magazine in the form of pure and honest automotive journalism... although they are Porsche specific, which ain't a bad thing.

Rock on.
Sports Car International is pretty good. In my opinion the best US mag.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Sports Car International and Excellence are in the same office. Same people. I fully agree with you. Ross Periodicals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMG's new 997 Exhaust. I've got it. It's my 4th exhaust, and it will be my last!