997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bay Area Porschephiles gotta check out S-Car-Go in San Rafael.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area Porschephiles gotta check out S-Car-Go in San Rafael.

OK. I know I'm the North Carolina guy, but I drove my 911 from LA to San Fran and had a tire blow out in San Quentin. A buddy brought me a wheel and tire and I limped to his house for the night. That was Saturday night. He called Rob King, owner of S-Car-Go Racing in San Rafael, and Rob and Aaron actually came in to help me the next day... on a SUNDAY.

Not only that, the suspension setup on my car was screwed by this too somehow. So they totally hooked me up. Rob told me that I HAD TO TRY THE TOYO R888s this time, but I'm totally happy with my Michelin Cups. But how do I not take this man's advice that works on my car on a Sunday afternoon? So I got the Toyos. They KICK THE *** of Michelins. I promise. Try them.

Anyway, his shop is amazing. He's like, a master or something. They fabricate all their stuff, and have articles of their cars being in magazines, winning shootouts, winning races all over the place. Everywhere. This place is awesome, and they know what they're doing. I know it sounds like I making all these posts of all the shops in Cali, but I needed help in each place and each shop came through in a way that I can't even believe.

The Porsche brotherhood is strong. I suggest you check out S-Car-Go if you're ever nearby.

Here's the Cup that started the whole mess... I ran PCH pretty hard, but not THAT hard! Looks like pressure got low.

They do old and new, as long as it's a Porsche.

Look at this place. You can tell that they've been there a long time, because the work areas are setup like offices too!

This is their engine dyno room.

S-Car-Go owner Rob King's personal rocket, a highly tuned 993 Turbo.

Good Samaritan Aaron working on my tire situation... on Sunday.

Little did I know at this point how much I was going to fall in love with this rubber. 315 Toyos.

Thanks again to Rob, Aaron, Mark, Philip, Pat, Genelle, Dee, and everyone at S-Car-Go that I didn't mention. You really saved my tail!

Last edited by blakt out; 10-24-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
ZOMG is infamous around these parts
those are some wide *** tires man

Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. You never see 315s on narrow body cars. I always thought then that 305s would be the biggest that would fit. Most people only run 295s. There's a HUGE difference in grip in all these (I've had 295 and 305 MPSC, and these 315 R888s)...

Here, I even have 7mm spacers. I really like the way they look. BUT, remember I have a negative 3.2 degrees of camber, which might be why it all fits. Dunno.