997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension 2.15 has been released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
What does this version fix?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
If you download the file, there is a text file in there that describes it all.

GATEWAY 500 MOST FIRMWARE HISTORY:
==================================

Firmware NOW compatible with:
- Audi MOST (A4, S4/RS4, A5, A6, S/RS6, A8, S8, Q7) with MMI High and MMI Basic Head Units
- Porsche MOST Equipped with CDR23/24, PCM I/II and PCM II DVD Head Units.
- Mercedes MOST Audio 20, Audio 50 and Comand TEXT capable Head Units. The new
S Class (W221), C Class (W204) and CL (W216) are not supported
- Saab 9-3 MOST Head Units with front and/or rear CDC support
- BMW MOST E87/E90/E91/E92/E93 Professional HU without i-Drive,
E87/E90/E91/E92/E93/E60/E61/E63/E64/E65/E66/E70 with i-Drive
- MINI(R56)MOST Boost Head Units and i-Drive systems (must have a CDC)
- Volvo XC90 XC90 - MY 2002-2006, with Performance,
High Performance and Premium sound systems, without AUX input, with CDC
- Volvo S40,V50 MY 2004-2007 with Basic and High Performance sound systems, without AUX input, with CDC.
Premium system is not supported yet

v.2.15
=======

New features for the GW500
---------------------------
- Artist information visible on Porsche PCM and Mercedes Command Head Units
- GW jumps back to the root directory when holding the `SeekBW' button for more than 5 seconds. This
feature is dependent on the Head Unit
- Extra menu added to Disk #4
- iPod accessory information (firmware, car config, product type) displayed in iPod UI mode in
`Settings/About' menu on the iPod

New features for the BTA1500
-----------------------------
- Phonebook compatibility is available for MMI Basic system
- In case of reconnecting the same phone, the phonebook content will be reloaded from RAM

Compatibility:
--------------
- Mercedes: Audio20, Audio 50 and Command Head Units are compatible with BTA1500
- Audi: MMI High system is compatible with BTA1500

Bug fix
--------
- BMW: From Progman v27: The phonebook download and dialling was not working properly. Fixed
- Audi: In some cases "Device Error Missing Answer for notification 0x413" message appeared on MMI
display. Fixed
- BTA: Phonebook alphabetical listing corrected

Known limitation
-----------------
- BMW mp3: 1&3 Series with professional non-i-Drive head unit browser handles a limited number of
subdirectories, e.g. you will not be able to browse your entire artist list if you have a mass directory. A
Firmware update for the BMW system is recommended from manufacturer

Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Thanks Eric

Old 11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
phil_m is infamous around these parts
Thanks Eric! Have to go and try it out.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
very nice, hated not having the artist name on the display. i will install tomorrow...

Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Successfully installed . . . . No Drama!

Artist name now appears below track name. Won't have to guess anymore . . . . Nice upgrade.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
thanks..will install it in the morning

Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 AM
justjay202 is infamous around these parts
are all the issues that were plaguing the Dension unit fixed? i have read through many a thread and there were some issues w/ the bt and ipod playback. most reviews of mobridge were on average better than dension.

users - have issues been fixed? is it better to get dension now?

i'm considering making this move soon.

tia,
Jay

Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Thanks Eric!!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by justjay202
are all the issues that were plaguing the Dension unit fixed? i have read through many a thread and there were some issues w/ the bt and ipod playback. most reviews of mobridge were on average better than dension.

users - have issues been fixed? is it better to get dension now?

i'm considering making this move soon.

tia,
Jay

I've been part of the Dension rollout for two years (since day one), never heard what you are referring to (plague?). No issues on playback. Minor issues on some BT microphone echo, otherwise majority is good. Sure, we have had a few units that were DOA, or that did not work properly, and we have replaced them. In only two cases were they not able to function properly at or close enough to 100% that the customer decided to abandon. That's out of a very large number of units.

Densions have been working well for a long time. But sure, all electronic gizmos are subject to a quirk from time to time....it's all about updated firmware, CORRECT installation, and handling the menu to get it all working from the start.

In fact, in most cases, any minor issues were resolved quickly by having the final installation step followed (many folks miss the programming by the dealer if they have no cd changer), or review of the installation steps (a good number of folks think they should use switched power, and the installation guide indicates UNswitched). We send complete instructions, user guide and programming guide to all our customers.

And remember, Dension (an R&D company) has been at this for years. mObridge got here very recently. I've read about their product, and it seems to work just fine. But it's more difficult to compare when there are thousands of Dension units in Porsche vehicles vs other brands or products that may not have as large an installed base.

Again, there are plenty of options for anyone needing BT and iPod, and we offer more than one, but from experience, the Dension seems to do the trick.

Feel free to email me anytime. eric@bumperplugs.com

I'm sure others will chime in who have direct experience with one or the other.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 11-04-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
installed the update with no issues..artist names now visible..Thanks

Old 11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor
mObridge is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

And remember, Dension (an R&D company) has been at this for years. mObridge got here very recently. I've read about their product, and it seems to work just fine. But it's more difficult to compare when there are thousands of Dension units in Porsche vehicles vs other brands or products that may not have as large an installed base.
Actually mObridge were selling this product back at the start of 2007 to the Porsche dealerships throughout Australia who co-developed it with them and before this it was in beta testing for well over 6 months and began development back in early 2006 when Dension was taking to long. It was only released to the US in very late 2007 in very small quantities. We now do have thousands of units out there world wide across BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, SAAB and Volvo and our engineers have been developing MOST systems since 1999 so it not as though we haven't been at it for some time now also. We also happen to be an R&D company

cheers,

mObridge

Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Brisbane is infamous around these parts
OK I haven't bought one of these yet and am trying to find out information on both (as well as NAVTV or any others)- and with all due respect the websites aren't particularly helpful.

I have a 2008 Carrera S with the CD Changer. I want to use the G3 Iphone as both my phone and Ipod. Which is best for me?

Compatibility issues?

Do I lose my CD changer?

Do I lose the CD changer in the dash?

Do both offer FULL I pod capability (artist, song, playlist etc.)

Is there any delay in switching from one song to the other?

Can I use the buttons on my steering wheel to control the Ipod and phone?

Are auxiliary plugs offered? If so what type?

Can I download addresses and phone #s from the iphone (or a blackberry or a PC)? Are there any limitations on this (i.e.; how much data etc.)?

Who are the local installers in the Washington DC area (I am not installing it myself I don't care how easy it is).

What's the price?

Do I need to go to the dealer to program anything after the install??? (Last thing I want to do)
Any information you guys have would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Last edited by Brisbane; 11-05-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 PM
justjay202 is infamous around these parts
eric,

there were previous threads saying that the ipod integration was working fine, but the BT wasn't. maybe software has fixed that? new firmware?

i'd look them up, but do u know which i'm referring to?

tks,
Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension 2.15 has been released