997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche sent me this gift.... Anyone else get one???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:03 PM
alko79 is infamous around these parts
Porsche sent me this gift.... Anyone else get one???

After my second p-car purchase, Porsche NA sent me a cool gift. Don't really need it, but it's feels very exclusive... Anyone got one too?

Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2008, 06:07 AM
miss_porsche is infamous around these parts
noo didnt get that one, they sent me a a big certificate with my name on it and a beautiful porsche logo to stick on the car :P

Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't get ****, other than recently got a reminder for my 40k mile service when I've only just crossed 20k.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
got a payment book

Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Let's see what have I got from Porsche?

Great car, terrible service, high service prices, arrogance in their show rooms, occasional ticket to a Porsche preview event (ie. Auto Show) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think that just about covers it.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I have had the worst service from Deal Motorcars (Porsche dealer in Asheville, NC). I had my car out in Cali last month. I broke I tie rod end while out there. So I call Deal to tell them that I need to bring my car in to have a tie rod end replaced, but I need the car back quickly. "Please have one in stock with my name on it." Not only do they call me back and NOT warranty the part (2006 car with 24k miles) because I have modified my suspension (not my friggin tie rods!), but they tell me that they'll have to order the tie rod end (said in a nonchalant tone.. and he's the dude I told to order one before I get there!) They tell me it will take another day. Then, I call the next day, a few times because he doesn't answer, and he finally picks up and tells me that I can pick it up soon because the tech is working on it now. Come 5pm, I call again. He puts me on hold for a long time and tells me that the tie rod end didn't come in, and that he THOUGHT they were working on my car but it was another black one (guys, my car isn't THAT bland that it just happens to look like someone else's). I ask how the part is STILL not there. He said that they didn't think I'd want to pay to have it shipped overnight. WHAAAT? So now I'm out of town again, without my car, and won't have it until some time next week.

This was the experience AFTER me taking in my wife's A3. I tell them when I make the appt on the phone that a wheel bearing is bad. They call me and tell me that it's not a wheel bearing, it's the tires. So I replace the almost new tires and the grinding is still there. After they had it 3 times (a total of about 2 weeks with NO LOANER CAR), each time telling me that the grinding was gone, they decide that, of all things... it was a bad wheel bearing. No grinding now, and I have way too many good tires...

Sorry to gank the thread that way, but AP provoked me a bit unknowingly.

This is why I just take my car, normally, to Synergy Racing. They are 5 hours away, non-Porsche dealer so I have to pay for everything out of pocket. But at least they get it right. You guys that live near Sharky and Fabryce have it GOOD.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AP 997S
Let's see what have I got from Porsche?

Great car, terrible service, high service prices, arrogance in their show rooms, occasional ticket to a Porsche preview event (ie. Auto Show) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think that just about covers it.
I received everything you did, except for the tickets to Porsche Events.

I see an independent for my service and get better rates and great service.

I did get a book introducing the new 997.2 from a work associate, that had it come to his house addressed to the previous resident. Does that count for anything?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Sorry but my response didn't include those beautifully bound promotional booklets. I've seen them on eBay bringing loads of money (lol).

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I received everything you did, except for the tickets to Porsche Events.

I see an independent for my service and get better rates and great service.

I did get a book introducing the new 997.2 from a work associate, that had it come to his house addressed to the previous resident. Does that count for anything?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
What is it?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:58 PM
alko79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by m5_2010
What is it?
paper weight

Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by alko79
paper weight
How generous of them.......

Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
paper weight
Personalized Paper Weight

Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by AP 997S
Sorry but my response didn't include those beautifully bound promotional booklets. I've seen them on eBay bringing loads of money (lol).
Great, so now if I sell it I can use the extra $$ to upgrade to a 997.2!

Not going to happen, I will wait for the 991

Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 PM
LuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
After my second p-car purchase, Porsche NA sent me a cool gift. Don't really need it, but it's feels very exclusive... Anyone got one too?
Alko,
Yes, I received one too, and they misspell my last name....
After owning 14 Porsches, they should have my last name correct spelling.
So, should I send it back and ask for the correct spelling of my last name?
Regards,

Last edited by LuisGT2; 11-14-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I got one but it'as not yellow , it's silver with the gold P badge .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche sent me this gift.... Anyone else get one???